Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,838 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Can’t wait til it comes around again!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,778 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I picked up a glossy magazine and there was clothes in it for Autumn/Winter 2019!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Clocks going forward tomorrow night and Monday is the 1st of April. We are motoring!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not too sure about everyone's neck of the woods but this week the weather has been glorious all week! Just beautiful.

Work has been absolutely mental for me lately it's giving me little time to log on and shoot the breeze here with all ye lovely folk, hope everyone is keeping ok :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    Not too sure about everyone's neck of the woods but this week the weather has been glorious all week! Just beautiful.

Work has been absolutely mental for me lately it's giving me little time to log on and shoot the breeze here with all ye lovely folk, hope everyone is keeping ok :)

Similar for me. Was working from home one afternoon earlier in the week & managed a quick look but havent been around much due to work being more than a little hectic (in fact life atm is a tad hectic) Though looking at the lack of activity I think we're entering our 'quiet' time of the year here in the Christmas forum.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    Though looking at the lack of activity I think we're entering our 'quiet' time of the year here in the Christmas forum.

We are indeed that’s why I felt compelled to post and see how he all are :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Hi everyone !
    Quite busy and tired here, looking forward to a bit of a break over Easter !

Loughc wrote: »
    We are indeed that’s why I felt compelled to post and see how he all are :)

Roll on August!

otnomart wrote: »
    Hi everyone !
    Quite busy and tired here, looking forward to a bit of a break over Easter !

Same! I’ve a few days off over Easter too. Looking forward to relaxing and eating chocolate of course :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hey all

Hope you're all keeping well. Man this year is flying through. Work is keeping me busy and the time is flying by. We're almost a QUARTER of the way through the year already. That's unbelievable! :D

• Advertisement

Last day of Winter time!

We're into the 260's.
    Last day in March.
    First day of Summer time.
    Happy Mother's Day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

^^^ We put a Christmas welcome mat at the front door at the about the end of November last year and its still there now :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ugh, this clock changing shenanigans has thrown off my sleeping patterns royally. I really hope we get to do away with this sharpish!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Posy wrote: »
    Ugh, this clock changing shenanigans has thrown off my sleeping patterns royally. I really hope we get to do away with this sharpish!

Agreed. I'm torn between wanting permanent summer time so longer evenings in spring and autumn and winter time so can put the Christmas lights on as early as possible!

Posy wrote: »

Not long left before there's no more clock changing!

I changed 5 clocks yesterday... 5 more than I ever want to change again!

Happy 1st Day of April everyone. Good month coming up,

We've got Game of Thrones returning with it's 8th and Final Season, we've got Easter and we've got Avengers:Endgame for any Marvel fans out there! :)

Really looking forward to Easter this year, Easter really reminds me of my school days, especially when I'm off for a few days! :)

Taking 4 days leave for the week after Easter, meaning I get 10 consecutive days off for the loss of just the 4 days leave & I am looking forward to the break immensely. Work has been hectic & non stop since coming back after christmas & I'm struggling with a sinus infection & headcold from hell the last few days that I cant seem to shake... I suspect I need some rest badly.

As for good things in April, agree re: GoT, & although technically not April, Line of Duty season 5 started last night & will run through April...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Get well soon DvB. We're going to Paris in July for Euro Disney. Really looking forward to it. We've never been to France before and we're flying out on Bastille Day. :D

We're into April already! :eek:

DenMan wrote: »
    Get well soon DvB. We're going to Paris in July for Euro Disney. Really looking forward to it. We've never been to France before and we're flying out on Bastille Day. :D

We're into April already! :eek:

Over 25% of the year done! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Back after a little break - was very ill & have had the joy of being a guest of the HSE and had three weeks off work :(

Nearly back to normal now and well enough to be back to work - although two hours in and I'm slightly regretting it :P

Is it Christmas yet? :pac:

CheerLouth wrote: »

Love it!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Back after a little break - was very ill & have had the joy of being a guest of the HSE and had three weeks off work :(

Nearly back to normal now and well enough to be back to work - although two hours in and I'm slightly regretting it :P

Good to hear you on the mend CL.

Not quite yet however hurtling towards it at a rate of knots :)

So glad to hear you're feeling better.

We're not there yet but we are in the last non-Christmassy quarter of the year :)

Q3 brings us the brown Thomas Christmas shop and the kids go back to school and Strictly and the likes return bringing us right into Christmas mode! :)

CBgph2wXEAAjVnj.png

Also, we've a quarter of the year down now.
    If you want to be really positive they are only 2 more Christmas free months.(May and June) because in July the Argos Autumn/Winter Catalogue is out(Shops may also start stocking coats,etc) and the Selfridges Christmas Shop normally opens in July.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I’m looking out my window and seeing the leaves coming out on the trees outside, but at the same time the news is saying to expect snow next week :pac: I love Irish weather!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Actual snow in Louth at the minute.....it's April...what is going on!!!!!!!!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It's just hailstones where I am :pac: Although possibly that could build a good base for some snow later on!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just hail for me too... the sun is coming out now though. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement