Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Posy wrote: »
    Just hail for me too... the sun is coming out now though. :pac:

Yesterday was such a weird weather day. Was in the wolly hat and gloves at the train station in the morning, had the umbrella out for the hail stones at lunch time and then was playing out the back garden with the kids at dinner time! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,838 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

This cold but bright weather always reminds me of Christmas - I love when we have this settled type weather between Christmas and New Years so you can get out and about for walks etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,778 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're a hundred days since Christmas Day now.
    Between Easter, May,June Bank Holiday weekends and stuff on TV it will be 200 days to go in no time.
    Then the Summer and things will Start back on TV, the Brown Thomas Christmas Shop will open and other things will appear in shops.
    Then it's a hundred days to go and we're on the home straight then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

We're a hundred days since Christmas Day now.
    Between Easter, May,June Bank Holiday weekends and stuff on TV it will be 200 days to go in no time.
    Then the Summer and things will Start back on TV, the Brown Thomas Christmas Shop will open and other things will appear in shops.
    Then it's a hundred days to go and we're on the home straight then.

Yeah I always keep an eye on the countdown when it says 265 days to go, it means a 100 days done and then keep an eye on when it gets to 165 days to go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Think June 8th is the 200 days to christmas mark with September 16th the 100 days... Always feel when we get into the 100's, albeit the 190's or so that we're really moving... that 200-100 always seems to go quicker than the 300-200 too for some reason ... probably just that we're out of the dreary winter months & should be having our summer, hope we get another good one like last year, though I suspect with the milder winter we've just had its unlikely.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

This cold blast feels wintery and Christmasy! Will light the fire this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We've a wedding tomorrow, I feel like I'm going to resemble an ice sculpture before the end of the mass :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Did anyone have a winner in the grand national?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

One of my two picks came about 20th, and the other fell (safely) at the first.

Not my greatest day! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Having a lazy Sunday today. I have a question that I can only ask the good people on this thread. I would love to know do many of you put Christmas FM on every now and again just to hear Christmas music?
    I do it every couple of weeks and my wife and kids think I'm nuts! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Been planting a lot of shrubs, trees, plants and roses the past two days. Looking forward to seeing how they develop over the months, especially the winter when Christmas is around the corner. :D

Having a lazy Sunday today. I have a question that I can only ask the good people on this thread. I would love to know do many of you put Christmas FM on every now and again just to hear Christmas music?

Don't stick on Christmas from, but did stick on my Christmas playlist when driving my wifes car a couple of weeks ago when having to recharge its battery... don't normally do stuff like that but really enjoyed it at the time.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Since we got an Alexa I’ve often asked her to play ChristmasFM while doing the cleaning. Tis very therapeutic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

DvB's story made me laugh, charging the car battery being used as an excuse to listen to Christmas Music.

I was on a flight last week and there was loads on 'bing bongs' and 'cabin crew take your seats' due to an expected very turbulent bit. I am a recovering very phobic flyer so I went in to almost panic mode, did all my breathing stuff, had my phone in my hand & headphones on to go through my routine of playing a podcast to take my mind off it however when I opened the phone it was on Music, and for a split second I thought, sure why not Christmas music. Made laugh a bit as I felt like I was doing something bold even contemplating putting it on which completely lightened the mood.

Hope everyone is doing well? I haven't been on here for a bit and feel guilty about it. I need to get on to new know your elves a bit more.

I was home last week for a flying visit and as I was driving near Dundrum I spotted a car with a Rudolph nose still on!

I generally do a deep clean for Easter and a few times a year.
    I started off by Scrubbing the kitchen/Living room floors and I had Love Actually on in the background.

Jude13 wrote: »
    DvB's story made me laugh, charging the car battery being used as an excuse to listen to Christmas Music.

I was on a flight last week and there was loads on 'bing bongs' and 'cabin crew take your seats' due to an expected very turbulent bit. I am a recovering very phobic flyer so I went in to almost panic mode, did all my breathing stuff, had my phone in my hand & headphones on to go through my routine of playing a podcast to take my mind off it however when I opened the phone it was on Music, and for a split second I thought, sure why not Christmas music. Made laugh a bit as I felt like I was doing something bold even contemplating putting it on which completely lightened the mood.

I think it was the fact I was breaking my own cast Iron rules re: christmas that gave me so much enjoyment listening to the crimbo tunes... I avoid it all until Christmas FM kicks off so listening to it in March was a real out of character moment for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Does anyone else here put up decs for Easter? I don't have a lot but I have a few bits that I picked up last year and I picked up a few new bits this year.

I'm thinking I'll pull them out maybe Friday evening and have a week before and the week after Easter out of them.

Just Halloween & christmas for us. Never really got much enjoyment out of easter other than the few days off work & some choccy!! If Christmas is a 10, Halloween is a 5 with Easter being a 2 tops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Does anyone else here put up decs for Easter? I don't have a lot but I have a few bits that I picked up last year and I picked up a few new bits this year.

I'm thinking I'll pull them out maybe Friday evening and have a week before and the week after Easter out of them.

I have a few bits - nearly forgot about them, but found them in the press the other day so will pop them up at the weekend. They are nothing to write home about - but makes the kids happy

• Advertisement

We put up this Easter Tree.(Picture is poor quality)
    56942527_2278163182506290_3132230610005786624_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=2b7ebd94be6a0605759ed36079ca33de&oe=5D3DDE89

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

We only put up decorations for Christmas really.

miamee wrote: »
    We only put up decorations for Christmas really.

Same but I might indulge in Halloween this year... if I can find some nice stuff before the night creeps up on me!

We put up this sort of Easter Tree.(Picture is poor quality)

Love the tree it's really cool! :)

Loughc wrote: »
    Love the tree it's really cool! :)

Thanks!
    It's just a branch that we got outside and the eggs on it are from Lidl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I have some lovely paper napkins with the Easter bunny, that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just seen this on the Dealz FB page

477366.jpeg

I saw my first Christmasy ad. It was for Elf the musical in December and it said tickets were going on sale on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Love the tree freshpopcorn - I got something similar in Dunnes last year - a prelit one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

I got tickets to Elf this morning. I have another presale code if anyone wants it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement