Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Brennan's bread selection box(Not available in shops)
    ]

I know someone who would love one of these!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I’d love one, looks fab 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Whispered wrote: »
    I know someone who would love one of these!!
    Cork Lass wrote: »
    I’d love one, looks fab 😁

There is some facebook completion to enter to win one. Not sure of the closing date.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

It's Wrapping Day here, one of our annual traditions. :)

Fire lit, multiple Christmas movies on, lots of goodies in and all pressies wrapped and under the tree.

Just waiting now for the Indian takeaway to arrive. :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That sounds like a great way to spend the evening!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

There is some facebook completion to enter to win one. Not sure of the closing date.

Just entered that, looking forward to getting my prize 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

On the couche since about 3.30 today Christmas movies and Strictly now
    Got some shopping done locally this morning bought more decorations for my kitchen garland they were reduced so I couldn’t leave them there, I had to restrain myself lots of tempting stuff,
    Finding it really cold tonight heating on plus a couple of layers at home ☃️☃️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Oh got two gifts today a thank you box of Chocolates to myself and my mam with a lovely card from the handyman that worked on my mams house and my eyebrow shape and tint from my Beauty gal

I spent the evening planning how gifts would be "presented" from santa. Do you guys with kids do stockings at the end of the kids beds or with the rest of the tree? This is the first year I'm doing one. Ridiculously excited about it. I got so many cool, junky stuff that I'd normally never buy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

When I was a kid ours was at the end of the bed. It was always the best feeling waking up and seeing the sock full knowing Santa had been.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    When I was a kid ours was at the end of the bed. It was always the best feeling waking up and seeing the sock full knowing Santa had been.

Doing it that way doesn't dilute the whole amazement of going downstairs to all your gifts? I love the idea of putting it at the bed, that would be my only worry. And would you go into your folks to open it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Doing it that way doesn't dilute the whole amazement of going downstairs to all your gifts? I love the idea of putting it at the bed, that would be my only worry. And would you go into your folks to open it?

We still went down stairs to see if he left the main presents. As we heard other kids only got a sock of presents if they were in between the good and naughty list ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Our stockings were always at the end of the bed. The feeling of waking up with the weight of the stocking on my feet is hard to beat. It always kept us in bed longer because we’d get a magazine to read and some chocolate. As we got older they were left outside the door to avoid waking us. Then the actual presents were left on the couch downstairs. We’d have a different part of the couch each.

Our stockings were always at the end of the bed. The feeling of waking up with the weight of the stocking on my feet is hard to beat. It always kept us in bed longer because we’d get a magazine to read and some chocolate. As we got older they were left outside the door to avoid waking us. Then the actual presents were left on the couch downstairs. We’d have a different part of the couch each.

I could have typed that word for word!! Amazing nostalgia right now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's hard to believe that this day next week will be Christmas Eve!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

In the drunk tank

Mine was at the end of the bed too. :D
    There may also have been gifts under the tree, but I can only remember the excitement of presents on the bed, so it's clear what made the biggest impression!!
    Doing it that way doesn't dilute the whole amazement of going downstairs to all your gifts?
    We lived in a ground floor flat so there was going to be none of that wherever the presents were!!

To be honest I don't think it is possible for anything to dilute the amazement of a child on Christmas morning waking up to find Santa has been, no matter where their toys are! It will be a magical moment no matter what. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Found in Heaton's yesterday, make your own Xmas hat set. The might not last past a day or 2, but the kids will get a good laugh out of making them. Think they cost 3 quid each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I was in a cab the other day and the taxi driver was complaining about kids getting too many presents. Not giving out really like he was a nice man.

Anyway then he asked me, "when do you stop believing santa?" I said it's usually about 8 of 9 and he said he was 15!!

His parents called him down to tell him because he was starting his apprenticeship and they thought they should tell him so he wouldn't get stick for it. He said when they said it to him, he was still in disbelief and said to them "who told you that?" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

This evening, sis and I are joining a choir at Dublin Airport who are going to sing Christmas carols at arrivals in terminal one to welcome people into the country. :) We'll be raising money for Focus Ireland. I only ever rush through airports when I'm at them so I am looking forward to watching people arriving home for the Christmas! Should be rather heart-warming.

• Advertisement

Oh that's lovely!! :)

I've always wanted to join a choir, but have never gotten around to it. :o

Lads I was so busy in work last week it just didn’t feel like Christmas but between all the Santa presents and choir singing talk and even people being in drunk tanks I’ve got a serious Christmassy feeling in my stomach right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

We have just put up our Christmas tree

Posy wrote: »
    Oh that's lovely!! :)

I've always wanted to join a choir, but have never gotten around to it. :o

It's actually a voluntary thing rather than an organised choir - you just show up. That makes me apprehensive though, I hope everyone there can sing. :o

_Dara_ wrote: »
    It's actually a voluntary thing rather than an organised choir - you just show up. That makes me apprehensive though, I hope everyone there can sing. :o

Do you need to audition? If not this is certainly something I’d be interested in doing.

Loughc wrote: »
    Do you need to audition? If not this is certainly something I’d be interested in doing.

No, not that I know of. My husband was told about it through someone he works with who is taking part and he said the more the merrier! :) I’m not sure who exactly is organising it! :P I suppose it’ll be well-known carols and I’m sure lyrics sheets will be handed out. I guess people will only really volunteer if they can hold a tune. Hopefully anyways!

If you’re interested, people are assembling at arrivals in Terminal 1 at 6:30pm this evening for a 7pm start.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I'm singing carols tonight too, at a carol service. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

M&S Xmas stuff 1/2 price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just painted the decorations for my class. Now to put the names on them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Loughc wrote:
    Lads I was so busy in work last week it just didn’t feel like Christmas but between all the Santa presents and choir singing talk and even people being in drunk tanks I’ve got a serious Christmassy feeling in my stomach right now.

Could have typed this.
    I swear, the work is just mental and I can't wait when we finally break off for Christmas next Friday!
    But yea, this thread gives me feels. 🎅

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement