Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Browsing thru boards and i noticed the xmas forum was active,but on saturday i defrosted the freezer and lo and behold a container with 6 mince pies in it,yesterdays desert tasted like xmas,i even mixed a little brandy into the cream

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Browsing thru boards and i noticed the xmas forum was active,but on saturday i defrosted the freezer and lo and behold a container with 6 mince pies in it,yesterdays desert tasted like xmas,i even mixed a little brandy into the cream

Think you call that a Brucey Bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    Off to Tenerife for a week, first holiday in 2 years, saving for a house will do that I suppose haha.

My favourite destination. What part you going to? We love Costa Adeje ourselves, been 3 times in the last 5 years.

We're off to Fuerteventura in July for a week, you have no idea how much I am looking forward to it.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    My favourite destination. What part you going to? We love Costa Adeje ourselves, been 3 times in the last 5 years.

We're off to Fuerteventura in July for a week, you have no idea how much I am looking forward to it.

Costa Adeje as well, it's my first time going, can't wait. :)

Costa Adeje as well, it's my first time going, can't wait. :)

I'll be amazed if you don't love it. Its a lot quieter than the resorts further up the coast but perfect for a relaxing type of holiday. We went early July last year & it wasnt too busy & the weather was perfect at 28/29 degrees.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    I'll be amazed if you don't love it. Its a lot quieter than the resorts further up the coast but perfect for a relaxing type of holiday. We went early July last year & it wasnt too busy & the weather was perfect at 28/29 degrees.

Excellent, exactly the type of holiday we're looking for, relaxing, warm and not too manic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Welcome back Loughc !

Such a pity that nowadays we are allworking harder then ever and makes time fly even faster.

Thanks to the bright evenings it seems there is more spare time - even though it is the same really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Well rested :eek: I wasn't away I was just bombarded with work :pac:

I do have my summer holidays coming up in about 4 weeks time, how about the rest of ye elves, any holidays planned?

Welcome back Loughc!

I get you on the holiday front - we can’t afford one this year due to buying the house. I can’t remember the last year I didn’t have a holiday!

kitten_k wrote: »
    Welcome back Loughc!

I get you on the holiday front - we can’t afford one this year due to buying the house. I can’t remember the last year I didn’t have a holiday!

It sucks but nothing can replace the feeling of having your own home. You can always have a holiday next year too please god :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Wish I had my own home, just not an option here as the laws can change overnight.

We are off to istanbul next week for 6 days, then Tuscany for two weeks in July, Ireland for 4 nights in August (got free flights and hotel as a prize) then home for the big event in December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

If you make a wish 3 times in the Christmas forum does it come true? :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Oh lord, you are all making me shocking envious with your holiday plans! We have no holiday planned this year due to getting hitched! Am hoping we might get a few days down the country in August but that will be it.

Ok something went wrong there, 3 posts. How do I clean that up?

We live abroad so if we want to see friends and family it's a 'holiday' although it never feels like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

There's going to be a Gavin and Stacey christmas special! I'm a big fan and can't wait!

Staph wrote: »
    There's going to be a Gavin and Stacey christmas special! I'm a big fan and can't wait!

Same I'm super excited! :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Oh wow, really? Exciting!

I love the Christmas special, tarnished a bit by Corden's recent AMA on reddit as he is meant to be a not so nice real person.

Jude13 wrote: »
    I love the Christmas special, tarnished a bit by Corden's recent AMA on reddit as he is meant to be a not so nice real person.

Really? I haven't read that AMA, what way did he come across?

We are off to istanbul next week for 6 days, then Tuscany for two weeks in July, Ireland for 4 nights in August (got free flights and hotel as a prize) then home for the big event in December.

That sounds great Jude, enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,778 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Advertisement

A lot of G&S fans around these parts!!

TRS30 wrote: »
    A lot of G&S fans around these parts!!

It was a classic, over 10 million people tuned into the series finale almost 9 years ago.

It was a classic, over 10 million people tuned into the series finale almost 9 years ago.

9 years, wow :eek:

TRS30 wrote: »
    9 years, wow :eek:

Yep we're old now... :(

Yep we're old now... :(

Sure are. Was in denial however am stating to embrace it now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

It sucks but nothing can replace the feeling of having your own home. You can always have a holiday next year too please god :)

Yea it’s great. I know we had the apartment before here but a house just feels different.

Didn’t realise how many Christmas decorations we had until I was putting them all in the attic! Will still need to buy some more, especially some garlands for the stairs.

Will defo have a holiday next year!

Really? I haven't read that AMA, what way did he come across?

He came across as a tool, and then doubled down on twitter. 1. He attended a union writers meeting in the states, uninvited as he is not in the union, made a statement trying to get writers to take less money for writing for him and left. 2. Loads of stories of him being a tool in real life including getting a dressing down from Patrick Stewart, too many things to note.

However pinch of salt and all, he only got to rebut the writers union one, although not very well, and the rest could be slinging mud.

I would hate to be famous, anyway who's for a mint baileys?

He came across as a tool, and then doubled down on twitter. 1. He attended a union writers meeting in the states, uninvited as he is not in the union, made a statement trying to get writers to take less money for writing for him and left. 2. Loads of stories of him being a tool in real life including getting a dressing down from Patrick Stewart, too many things to note.

However pinch of salt and all, he only got to rebut the writers union one, although not very well, and the rest could be slinging mud.

I would hate to be famous, anyway who's for a mint baileys?

I'd love a mint baileys....

I'd love a mint baileys....

Mmmmmm...........baileys

• Advertisement

Speaking of Baileys has anyone had the Strawberries and Cream version of it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement