Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    Speaking of Baileys has anyone had the Strawberries and Cream version of it?

Yep, just there at the weekend, its nice, I'd still prefer the original TBH, but its a nice change from the norm.
    I'd prefer it to the mint Baileys which I never took too.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Yep, just there at the weekend, its nice, I'd still prefer the original TBH, but its a nice change from the norm.
    I'd prefer it to the mint Baileys which I never took too.

Something's should never be messed with.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Something's should never be messed with.

Baileys & Ice = Classic
    Jameson & Ginger Ale = Classic

the rest = passing fads :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I've just updated my Christmas list for this year - I keep a list of everyone I need to buy for & then when something pops into my head, I jot it down & then I don't have that panic as the time gets closer of "what the heck am I going to get XYZ". Also helps me keep track of what the Big Man might be bringing the kids :)

Anyway, the whole point of this post was to say I'm feeling mighty Christmassy right now :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I know there’s a few NFL fans on this forum and I’m so excited cause I just got 2 tickets to the Bengal Rams game in Wembley at the end of October.

It’s my first time ever going to a NFL game and my first time ever going to London. :D

• Advertisement

I know there’s a few NFL fans on this forum and I’m so excited cause I just got 2 tickets to the Bengal Rams game in Wembley at the end of October.

It’s my first time ever going to a NFL game and my first time ever going to London. :D

You'll love both!
    Went to the Cowboys game at wembley a few years ago, was a fantastic experience, aided by a convincing cowboys win it must be said.

London is a great city too, try to go for a few days & see a bit of it while your there. Its pricey though so be warned.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You'll love both!
    Went to the Cowboys game at wembley a few years ago, was a fantastic experience, aided by a convincing cowboys win it must be said.

London is a great city too, try to go for a few days & see a bit of it while your there. Its pricey though so be warned.

We’re planning on going for a few days it’s midterm so the wife is off so it’s perfect timing. Oh I reckon it’ll be very pricey. I’ll start saving now. :D

Lucky you. Have been to London a few times and love it. Never been to an NFL game there (been to one in States). A few friends have gone to London games and said it’s good fun, atmosphere etc

Where are the games being held this year? IIRC its in spurs new ground.

2 in Wembley and 2 in Spurs new ground. I can proudly say or sing I’m going to Wembley. Always a dream too. Haha.

• Advertisement

I think there are 2 games in Wembley and 2 in Spurs new ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,777 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're into the 200's and I mean the low 200's!:)

We're into the 200's and I mean the low 200's!:)

You can nearly smell the 100’s in the air 😄

You can nearly smell the 100’s in the air ��

Sunday week is day 199!!

Sunday week is day 199!!

That is CRAZY!!!

Sunday week is day 199!!

Days start getting shorter in 3 weeks!!!

That is CRAZY!!!

Think we had this conversation last year too, but I always feel once we get into the 100's on the countdown the year seems to really pick up a pace.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It definitely does, squeeee!! :D

I got this in Tesco Today for 65c!
    61617645_2315846645404610_1775772787084886016_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=d36b1ca22e35a7e6f109aa19c7a37f52&oe=5D8CCAA5

8643c6740feda45e7af99fd888816ab2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

One more month til Christmas in July tHefC0Z.gif

July is only the Christmas free month left to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I’m very chilled today like i’m on Christmas holidays here. Still in my Santa PJs too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Days start getting shorter in 3 weeks!!!
    I am not looking forward to that !
    Just got into the Summer mode vibe.

62214871_2319036421752299_5969595505934598144_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_eui2=AeGWIaGkFoJL1dI-qZNHlOJkHSA7OEngiFAqRPfMGAfKqu9SUHRR1fF4qDD4HFCOG9TNxdwG0wuB0VrVcmbh34e18mWtPU6FyUWhErphpbiDxA&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=4e7ec1233adfee9c38daf1be1974479d&oe=5D8F0B62

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Love island started back tonight which bring us to the end of July, then nearly time for x factor which brings us to Christmas!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Deja Boo wrote: »
    One more month til Christmas in July tHefC0Z.gif

Also one month to wedding bells for me and Mr. CL!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Hope everyone had a nice long weekend. Was extra hard dragging myself (and the kids) out of bed this morning and the rain didn't help!!

Went to Bloom on Sunday, was a last minute thing and while a bit expensive we had a great day. Weather held and the kids had a blast. Brought some food, added a few treats we got there and had a lovely picnic. All in all a really nice chilled family day, which was just what we needed.

Anyone else get up to anything nice?

Hope everyone had a nice long weekend. Was extra hard dragging myself (and the kids) out of bed this morning and the rain didn't help!!

Went to Bloom on Sunday, was a last minute thing and while a bit expensive we had a great day. Weather held and the kids had a blast. Brought some food, added a few treats we got there and had a lovely picnic. All in all a really nice chilled family day, which was just what we needed.

Anyone else get up to anything nice?

Ah stop today was built for a duvet day.

I had a wedding on the weekend to go to, who doesn't like a good wedding.

Then there was this little thing called the Champions League final which had a very good outcome :D

Yesterday was spent vegging, watching love island and eating a takeaway, feel awful today tho :(

• Advertisement

Ah stop today was built for a duvet day.

I had a wedding on the weekend to go to, who doesn't like a good wedding.

Then there was this little thing called the Champions League final which had a very good outcome :D

Yesterday was spent vegging, watching love island and eating a takeaway, feel awful today tho :(

Sounds like a nice mix of getting out and about and chilling at home. Hope the weather was ok for the wedding.

Being a Man U fan, I'm not allowed be happy about the result on Sat :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement