Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Have to admit, doesnt matter what time of year it is, If I come across the G&S crimbo special on gold (it usually pops up on that) I'll always give it a watch, never fails to give me a chuckle! Really looking forward to the follow up this christmas.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Have to admit, doesnt matter what time of year it is, If I come across the G&S crimbo special on gold (it usually pops up on that) I'll always give it a watch, never fails to give me a chuckle! Really looking forward to the follow up this christmas.

Smithy singing band aid will never get old.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Loughc wrote: »
    Smithy singing band aid will never get old.

"Sing it wiv me!" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,772 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm looking forward to see the Christmas episode of Gavin and Stacey so much.
    I want to see baby Neil who'd now
    be ten.
    I want to see how Brin will be embracing technology.(He may be on a dating app).
    I just found it all so relatable from Pam being a vegetarian(she'd be a vegan now) to the every day rows!

The brilliant thing about G&S is that the title characters are the least interesting, the support cast are what makes the show. From Pam, Mick, Dawn, Pete, Bryn & of course Nessa & Smithy... all superb characters that bring something to the table, though I must admit having lived & worked in Cardiff for a year & having friends from Port Talbot the Barry stuff isnt as off the charts oddball as you'd think.... the welsh are nutters!!

That opening line from smithy... 'ITS CHRISTMAS!!!!' sets it off superbly... if i wasnt in work I'd watch it now :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Really looking forward to rewatching this now. Long overdue! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Yeah, its one left until just before we leave for home, didn't watch it last year. All the turkey talk is class and of course the band aid clip above. Looking at booking my flights back out of Ireland, the OH wants to fly the day after Stephens but Id like to stay one more day. Stephens is usually a big day and don't booze the day before a flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Just had the last of the Christmas dinner for dinner today - forgot it was in the freezer but it tasted good all the same!

Jude13 wrote: »
    Yeah, its one left until just before we leave for home, didn't watch it last year. All the turkey talk is class and of course the band aid clip above. Looking at booking my flights back out of Ireland, the OH wants to fly the day after Stephens but Id like to stay one more day. Stephens is usually a big day and don't booze the day before a flight.

ugh, agree about flying with a hangover, not nice at all. The flight itself can be okay but getting through all the usual airport routine is awful... avoid if at all possible IMO.

Whenever I'm at a wedding I always hope a meal option is Turkey and Ham and stuffing. I know some prefer beef but beef is just a standard weekly dinner to me.

• Advertisement

Definitely agree re: turkey and ham.
    I always get excited when I see it on a menu. :)

We're into the 140's!
    Closer to 100 days now than 200 days to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Back from the wedding & throwing myself into my Christmas planning :D I got my hands on a copy of the ICA Christmas book that someone posted a few weeks ago so I'll be reading that in bed tonight with my cuppa! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

On Friday night I stuck on Netflix for a while, I've been watching Gavin & Stacey on and off over the last while. I hadn't watched it for a good few weeks but after the chat in here I said I'd stick it on. The next one was the Christmas episode :D:D:D It is so good. The next episode was the making of the Christmas one, I'm very excited about it now. My OH doesn't get G&S at all but I have him warned that there is a new Christmas special and I will be watching it at Christmas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Read this earlier and it made me irrationally happy :)

I want to go to Selfridge's NOW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Little bits and pieces are starting to pop up now.:)

Swarovski advent calendar is back for Christmas 2019 - and you can buy it now

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/shopping-deals/swarovski-christma-advent-calendar-wowcher-18781685

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I see John Lewis have some of their Christmas decorations available to browse on their website, but not available to purchase yet!
    https://www.johnlewis.com/browse/christmas/baubles-tree-decorations/_/N-54yc?intcmp=cp_chr_christmas_labl1_top_shopalldecs_x291018

Anyone know when the BT Christmas shop will be open?

Should be August 15th, going by previous years. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Posy wrote: »
    I want to go to Selfridge's NOW :D

Might be a stroke of genius because if there's a hard brexit on oct 31st no one will be buying anything!!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Posy wrote: »
    Should be August 15th, going by previous years. :)

That just over 2 weeks :eek: I’m on leave so I’ll definitely be in that day to “buy coffee “.

Cadbury's Christmas 2019!
    Gingerbread Cadbury Dairy Milk bar.
    CDM-Winter-Gingerbread-e1563380068527.jpg?strip=all&w=960
    Chocolate Orange Snowman
    5646866_Cadbury_Dairy_Milk_Choc_Orange_Mousse_Snowman_Wrap_X19_30g_Wrapper_Front_UK-Ireland.jpg?strip=all&w=960
    Dairy Milk Little Robins!
    5663455_Cadbury_Cdm_Mini_Robins_Bag_X19_93g_Bag_Front_UK-Ireland-e1563381288833.jpg?strip=all&w=810

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/9527191/cadbury-dairy-milk-new-chocolate-christmas/

I want all of them!!! Gingerbread dairy milk = nom nom!!!

Getting a real hankering for christmas this week I must admit, have read loads of the threads in here when I've had a chance working late, as much as I enjoy the summer months there's a part of me looking forward to the darker evenings to come curled up in front of the TV with the family watching the usual Autumn & Winter movies & programmes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Not sure about the Yankee packaging...a bit cheap looking or something!

jellybear wrote: »
    Not sure about the Yankee packaging...a bit cheap looking or something!

From what I remeber I noticed this last year to.
    It didn't look as expensive as it used to.
    I think I was in Home Store and more and I thought it was an own brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Love those dairy milk robins .Too cute to eat!

Have to say it feels very Autumnal this evening.
    The birdsong has changed and evenings are definitely drawing in. Can’t wait for BT shop to open.

Anybody been into the Disney Store in Dublin...just wondering if ornaments are out. There are two I have my eye on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement