Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

The first Strictly contestants are being announced tomorrow - another sign we are getting closer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m loving watching Christmas movies on Christmas 24 :)

I really can’t wait for Christmas this year :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sundew wrote: »
    Have to say it feels very Autumnal this evening.
    The birdsong has changed and evenings are definitely drawing in. Can’t wait for BT shop to open.
    Yes, I'm looking out the window here and it looks like November. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,772 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I saw these online and thought they looked cool.
    25358460_1473583522758206_9069624280553837621_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQlWODoosvLIyJLPQq_PaEKzwUICc_mD3zJALZF-yG0RZWaKKZp5uo4pvFnPyyqZl-c&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=6ffef19c0e328a729577bb06033c51c4&oe=5DEC8C4B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

kitten_k wrote: »
    another sign we are getting closer

Selfridge's Christmas shop open from today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Jaysus lads, it's bloody freezing this morning! Think I will start to gather the ingredients for my mincemeat in the next few weeks - house is coming down with empty jars so better start using them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

I love the yankee candles names, to memory evoking. We have yank store here that sells candles very like the yankee ones for a lot less. Some of them are great but there a some smells you just need the real ones for.

Loving all the chocolate pics!! Still trying to cut weight so glad they are not out yet.

August tomorrow, god time has flown. Fly home this afternoon after a week with a client, then fly to Dublin on Friday for a few days. Being all wrapped up with the 25 degree temperature drop will remind me of Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Posy wrote: »
    Yes, I'm looking out the window here and it looks like November. :D

Tempted to get the tree and lights down from the top shelf and check they are in good working order :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I heard this today and it’s relevant to our countdown, “Nothing messes up your June by realising that tomorrow’s August”.

The year is FLYING BY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Sundew wrote: »
    Tempted to get the tree and lights down from the top shelf and check they are in good working order :)
    You are not alone !
    Halloween trees are now a thing, apparently:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/t-wait-until-christmas-people-165900406.html

So guys, we're into the months now when stuff is going to get more Christmassy!

275500-Happy-First-Day-Of-August-Good-Morning.jpg?2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Happy Autumn all!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

otnomart wrote: »
    You are not alone !

My sister had a Hallowe'en tree last year. I was skeptical but now I'm kinda thinking feck it......bring on the tree :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm sitting here in work listening to Christmas music and not AT ALL researching Christmas market trips and new winter boots.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm sitting here in work listening to Christmas music and not AT ALL researching Christmas market trips and new winter boots.

:D

OMG I'm the same with the Christmas market trips! Except, there's probably no chance I'll actually be going to one of them...nobody to go with :(

Wonder will I ever get there lol

Feel like listening to Christmas music now too :D

Guys, our christmas 2019 countdown officially started today with our family booking to go to the Santa experience at Causey Farm. Booked for Sunday December 1st (should be the same weekend as the Late Late toy show) so a great start to the best Month of the year!!

Went to Causey last year & thought it was great, asked the kids which santa they'd like to visit this year & they jumped at the idea of going back so thats that for us. Glad to get the booking in early now as we struggled to get times/days to suit us in previous years when even leaving bookings until September.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

leahyl wrote: »
    OMG I'm the same with the Christmas market trips! Except, there's probably no chance I'll actually be going to one of them...nobody to go with :(

Wonder will I ever get there lol

Go on your own! Seriously, you'll have so much to do if you take a 2-day weekend on your own to somewhere like Krakow or the German cities you honestly won't notice being on your own!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Go on your own! Seriously, you'll have so much to do if you take a 2-day weekend on your own to somewhere like Krakow or the German cities you honestly won't notice being on your own!!!

Nah, you don't know me! I wouldn't go on my own :D I'd love to be that kind of a person but I'm not I'm afraid...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

You are not alone !

I’m very tempted...to put just a tabletop one up with mini Halloween decorations! :D
    https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/keepsake-ornaments/mini-stately-little-raven-halloween-ornament-1.25-799QFO5278.html

leahyl wrote: »
    Nah, you don't know me! I wouldn't go on my own :D I'd love to be that kind of a person but I'm not I'm afraid...
    I'll go with you! Problem solved. :D

So guys, we're into the months now when stuff is going to get more Christmassy!

I am still in Summer mode, so thanks for the picture of the beach and deckchairs !!!!

DvB wrote: »
    Happy Autumn all!!!
    :D We agreed to disagree; I am in the minority that consider August as Summer !

I personally I'm a bit lost with this season's thing to be honest in school I was taught,
    Spring- Febuary, March and April
    Summer - May, June and July.
    Autumn - August, September and October.
    Winter - November, December and January.

Now I get people saying August is Summer but I don't believe November is Autumn and Febuary is Winter. It may because I'm from a farm or something.
    So, I go by the more traditional approach.
    I'm also inline with the Argos catalogue.

August Autumn. Like the clue is in the name. :pac:

August-is-the-sunday-of-summer.jpg

:D We agreed to disagree; I am in the minority that consider August as Summer !

I didnt... LOL... Autumn all the way!!!
    Not that it matters though, as I said its what we grew up with but theres no cast iron right and wrong AFAIK. Always look forward to the seasons changing so it suits me to have them a month earlier, even if it's in name only.

So another good old fashioned stats update.

July 19 had 191 more posts than July 18. That’s fantastic work elves!

Some serious posting going on so far this year. Ye guys are all amazing!!

• Advertisement

No pie chart- doesn't count. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement