Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Got stuck into house work this morning nipped to Penneys Liffey Valley was hoping to pick up the battery operated led lights no luck.... had a brainwave to put them over the tinsel on stairs there doesn't seem to be any left lots of reductions on garlands and some Disney baubles in there
    If any of you see the lights in Penneys can you let me know thanks
    OH is hungover golf drinks yesterday, spent the afternoon having my mam over we watched Santa Claus 3 and Arthur Christmas while the OH attended to the dinner got some presents wrapped too
    Great posts some of them really would take you back
    Enjoy the Carols mystery egg and Dara
    Decorations are so pretty Jellybear

only one thing for it a cold beer on a school night "Tis is the Season"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SarahLil wrote: »
    only one thing for it a cold beer on a school night "Tis is the Season"

Sarah I like the way you think :)

It be rude not to Lough 😃

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We’ve been doing the 12 beers of Christmas. Last night we had an American Brown Ale called Santa’s Secret. It was lovely and warming with a hint of cinnamon and cardamom.

• Advertisement

We’ve been doing the 12 beers of Christmas. Last night we had an American Brown Ale called Santa’s Secret. It was lovely and warming with a hint of cinnamon and cardamom.

Oh Toto I love that idea enjoy
    I might rob that idea next year very festive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Laundry tree!
    25396039_10155429559016387_799514815276981852_n.jpg?oh=c281f8d429244ae8f3910fa37e9a8238&oe=5AB879FD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Spent the whole day getting the house sorted. I have finally made a Christmas cake too and it’s in the oven smelling beautiful. Finally sitting down to have a well earned g&t.🎄

Has anybody else seen this?
    It's of the child stealing Jesus out of the Nativity!(gets good at around 40 seconds)

I'm watching The Holiday now on ITV2+1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I don't usually drink it until after Mass on Christmas Eve, but I had a glass of Baileys tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Only a week till Christmas Day!

It's Christmas week!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

SOMEBODY STOP TIME!! :eek:

Posy wrote: »
    SOMEBODY STOP TIME!! :eek:

Just slow it down a good bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

branie2 wrote: »
    I don't usually drink it until after Mass on Christmas Eve, but I had a glass of Baileys tonight.
    Me too. I had a glass (okay, two glasses :P ) of the Belgian Choc Baileys, it was amazing. Such a gorgeous drink.

I have the rest of my presents arriving this week, well some of them anyway, and I will grab the rest when I am in Dublin on Wednesday. It's going to be jammed I'm sure, but sure be grand :D

Can't believe the big day is only a week away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

SarahLil wrote: »
    Got stuck into house work this morning nipped to Penneys Liffey Valley was hoping to pick up the battery operated led lights no luck.... had a brainwave to put them over the tinsel on stairs there doesn't seem to be any left lots of reductions on garlands and some Disney baubles in there
    If any of you see the lights in Penneys can you let me know thanks

I got some yesterday in IKEA

Morning it’s Christmas week
    This time next week I imagine most will be awake after Santa’s visit
    Thanks Amazingfun I live in hope that I get some some to make my hall extra Christmassy
    Have a great day everyone I hope no one try’s to rain on my parade in work today sometimes they can be Gringes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dealz had loads of battery operated lights the other day if you have one near you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Happy Christmas Week everyone! We've had a lovely weekend of visiting Santy & putting up Tree #2! Going to take my little girl to Big Tescos tonight to get her some shoes to go with her christmas dress & christmas jammies for everyone! :D

Only two more early mornings left - yay!!!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,446 ✭✭✭✭DvB

On the subject of Baileys, picked up spme of the Tassimo Baileys Latte Macciato at the weekend (no alcohol mind) & they are pretty nice!
    Saw the baileys whipped cream when doing the grocery shopping as well, that stuff is addictive! Will wait until next week to pick some up though as its so fattening & I've a pile of running to do over the holidays.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Christmas week everyone!

Time to run down the clock to the holidays :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It's going way too fast this year....:( I don't feel festive enough and before I know it'll be all over!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Is everyone finishing up this week for Christmas?

My last day is Wednesday and I can't wait. Happy Christmas everyone.

leahyl wrote: »
    It's going way too fast this year....:( I don't feel festive enough and before I know it'll be all over!!!

Myself and my wife had this conversation only yesterday, it really doesn't feel like Christmas, we've both been so busy in work the past week and she wasn't feeling the best last week so hopefully once the holidays start we'll feel more festive.
    Is everyone finishing up this week for Christmas?

My last day is Wednesday and I can't wait. Happy Christmas everyone.

I am also finished Wednesday, I CANNOT WAIT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,446 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    Myself and my wife had this conversation only yesterday, it really doesn't feel like Christmas, we've both been so busy in work the past week and she wasn't feeling the best last week so hopefully once the holidays start we'll feel more festive.

Was only saying over the weekend that it felt more like christmas a couple of weeks ago, around the time the tv adverts starting appearing & christmas fm started up etc. than it does at the moment, I'm hoping its just work or suchlike & that like yourself when I finish up on Thursday it'll all slot into place.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Was only saying over the weekend that it felt more like christmas a couple of weeks ago, around the time the tv adverts starting appearing & christmas fm started up etc. than it does at the moment,

You know what, I think you're spot on with that. With all the excitement of Christmas "going live" as such and the really frosty/cold weather it's much easier to get the Christmas feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Just a donation into Santa Strike Force....I just love that thread. They really live up to the spirit of Christmas.
    j
    The best before date on milk is now the 26th of December........Where is the time going.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Just a donation into Santa Strike Force....I just love that thread. They really live up to the spirit of Christmas.
    j
    The best before date on milk is now the 26th of December........Where is the time going.......

I always got so excited when the dates on fresh food went past 25th. My husband used to think I was just being stupid and childish. This year he pointed it out to me. He's definitely done a 180 on the grinchy behaviour this year!

• Advertisement

I got my donation in as well, just in time for the Beasty Bonus as well :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement