Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Second last long weekend before Christmas!!!! Don't be long coming around, do they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I'm sneaking back into the Christmas room folks......work has been crazy busy lately....but I think it's the bh Friday feeling here and I actually have a little bit of breathing space - so I'm popping in to say hello.

Need to make a little more time for being an elf again!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Howdy, chuckles! Happy bank holiday! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

chuckles30 wrote: »
    I'm sneaking back into the Christmas room folks......work has been crazy busy lately....but I think it's the bh Friday feeling here and I actually have a little bit of breathing space - so I'm popping in to say hello.

Need to make a little more time for being an elf again!!!

I know the feeling, I want to en elf again... :pac:

And welcome back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Tesco have announced their Christmas Food Specials:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/9632160/tesco-christmas-food-2019/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Any plans for the long weekend folks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Loughc wrote: »

Going back to the town where I grew up in to visit the parents for dinner tomorrow, spend some time with them, then go out for a few pints with my brother.
    No matter how long you live away from it (in my case 25 years) where you come from will always be home :)

No matter how long you live away from it (in my case 25 years) where you come from will always be home :)

Completely agree :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Hello everyone. .....

washiskin wrote: »
    Hello everyone. .....

Hey washiskin :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

I was out at the Bundoran Adventure Centre today with my sister and her children. Was a great day! Delighted to see the evenings are starting to get a bit darker earlier now. :D Hope everyone is keeping well here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Doing a few things around the house getting ready for some new floors and front door week after next. Also getting organised for a few days in Galway next week.

Hope all having a good one.

So another good old fashioned stats update.

July 19 had 191 more posts than July 18. That’s fantastic work elves!

Some serious posting going on so far this year. Ye guys are all amazing!!

Great to hear. Starting to love the updates, love a good stat!

DvB wrote: »
    Guys, our christmas 2019 countdown officially started today with our family booking to go to the Santa experience at Causey Farm. Booked for Sunday December 1st (should be the same weekend as the Late Late toy show) so a great start to the best Month of the year!!

Went to Causey last year & thought it was great, asked the kids which santa they'd like to visit this year & they jumped at the idea of going back so thats that for us. Glad to get the booking in early now as we struggled to get times/days to suit us in previous years when even leaving bookings until September.

That’s super organised DvB. We are hoping to do Amber Springs with wife’s family, Hidden Valley with mine and Arnotts just the 5 of us. Need to start mentioning dates to people and put with the expected cries of ‘its only August’.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Busy weekend for us, starting into 2/3 months of work on the house so have been prepping as best we can.
    Spent yesterday doing the garden too, today putting together 6 new kitchen table chairs that are going up until crimbo when all the work is done and dusted, be delighted when it's all done and all the new furniture is here, planning it for completion mid November so we'll just have to decorate it then a couple of weeks later. Wish I could fast forward tbh, dreading all the messing between now and then.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Booked a Christmas night out dinner and drinks with a massive gang of friends for the first weekend in December. It just takes one person in the group to book a date 7 months in advance!! Then every second week we all get a reminder. We spend the Saturday hiking and it helps build a thirst!! Then it's dinner and drinks. Unless there's a family death we all attend. It kicks off Christmas for all of us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

68272444_2728677337166695_1108451009497137152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQkTf9A574Sk1UJF9qrjVqxtLm-05HI06thUJIsksxJpCAcEgtcsz-8EbLwHRVMOgeg&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&oh=87175b089b8d062a2cdd68701ceebdc2&oe=5DE3FD64

Busy weekend for us, starting into 2/3 months of work on the house so have been prepping as best we can.
    Spent yesterday doing the garden too, today putting together 6 new kitchen table chairs that are going up until crimbo when all the work is done and dusted, be delighted when it's all done and all the new furniture is here, planning it for completion mid November so we'll just have to decorate it then a couple of weeks later. Wish I could fast forward tbh, dreading all the messing between now and then.

2/3 months, wow. That’s a long time, you must be getting a lot done? Do you have to move out at any stage?

TRS30 wrote: »
    2/3 months, wow. That’s a long time, you must be getting a lot done? Do you have to move out at any stage?

TBH we probably could have condensed it but because of the wait for the new kitchen have been forced to stretch it out. New hall door is done, storage under stairs is done, rear door changed out for a window is done, new fireplace to start in 2 weeks, new whb, WC and tiling for the loo under the stairs in 4/5 weeks, new kitchen and new flooring throughout to start mid October, and then the painting to finish before the new furniture is delivered in.mid november.... thank Santa/god/the stars for the credit union!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

TBH we probably could have condensed it but because of the wait for the new kitchen have been forced to stretch it out. New hall door is done, storage under stairs is done, rear door changed out for a window is done, new fireplace to start in 2 weeks, new whb, WC and tiling for the loo under the stairs in 4/5 weeks, new kitchen and new flooring throughout to start mid October, and then the painting to finish before the new furniture is delivered in.mid november.... thank Santa/god/the stars for the credit union!!

Sounds like a pretty much total make over. We just doing new front door and floors downstairs and removing a unit from the hallway and replacing it with a built in one in an alcove beside downstairs loo. Painting front room, toy room and hall and landing as well. Is only going to take a week/10 days in total however we are doing some of the work ourselves (well I am!) so started already and hope to be done by third week of August before kids back to school etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

otnomart wrote: »
    Halloween trees are now a thing, apparently:

and in the ceramic variety.

https://www.countryliving.com/shopping/gifts/a28609976/ceramic-halloween-trees/

We have got two ceramic Christmas trees in my family home, one is a small table top which we usually put on the mantlepiece, and a bigger one with a few LED lights built in, and they are both lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

DvB and TRS30, you should do a Changing Rooms episode, and get to decorate each others' front room for Christmas !

Seriously though, you must be looking forward to see the work finished and enjoy your newly done up homes.

DvB and TRS30, you should do a Changing Rooms episode, and get to decorate each others' front room for Christmas !

Seriously though, you must be looking forward to see the work finished and enjoy your newly done up homes.

Looking forward to it being finished. Should be done all going well about 5 or 6 weeks before Christmas so hopefully itll look the part this year, especially as we're hosting this year and have 15 guests coming.

Sounds fun 😀 I’m the diy guy and wife is the creative one with the eye for colour schemes, decorations etc. It usually works well.

Will definitely be happy when it’s done as floors especially have been annoying me since we moved in (are very dark).
    Looking forward to it being finished. Should be done all going well about 5 or 6 weeks before Christmas so hopefully itll look the part this year, especially as we're hosting this year and have 15 guests coming.

As I said hope to have ours done by end of August latest however have a feeling we’ll end up doing some work on the kitchen later in the year. Want to change a built in cabinet on one wall to give a bit more space. This is mainly driven by hosting on Christmas Day (11 in total) and on Stephens Day (15 in total).

Guess I enjoy Christmas/ hosting so much want the house to be as nice as possible.

Heading off to Galway in a few hours for a few days mini ‘staycation’ before work on the house starts in earnest. Friends have lent us their cottage out in the country so going to have some TV/phone detox for all of us so wouldn’t be on for a few days.

Had to get my last ‘fix’ :D have a good week all.

20 weeks today.

I don’t know if it’s cause the weather is getting duller or cooler or if it’s cause companies are sharing Christmas stuff online but I’ve felt so Christmassy the last two days. The Christmas feeling is certainly back with a bang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Weather is supposed to turn particulalry autumny next week - according to someone on BBC weather it will feel more like October than August! Not sure if I actually want this but it will make it feel a bit Christmassy anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Hoping it will dry up in time for next week as the Fleadh will be in Drogheda and would be great if we weren't washed out of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A cork restaurant/bakery is taking orders for Christmas Day desserts!
    67685250_2658355890863313_2538596117436694528_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQlpF4fRGWt5NDbHJImP-tDa0r410TiyHZjJCP0cZgMfCxnqBuCym56JjzvC1opiwpA&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=bf48048ae151b02745ce2d8f1fc0d153&oe=5DDFE874

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement