Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    I don’t know if it’s cause the weather is getting duller or cooler or if it’s cause companies are sharing Christmas stuff online but I’ve felt so Christmassy the last two days. The Christmas feeling is certainly back with a bang.

Said it a few days ago, have had a real hankering for christmas the last week or so, I think booking causey farm has reinforced that, as has all the work we're getting done in the house in time for christmas,due to the timelines its keeping it well high on our agenda. Think I'm feeling it more this year than last, that's for sure.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

DvB wrote: »
    20 weeks today.

Wow !
    If I look at this in the terms of 20 week-ends, that is not much spare time left, at all !
    Considering that some are already booked with trips or events.
    Where does all the time go ?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

A cork restaurant/bakery is taking orders for Christmas Day desserts!
    Nice Menu, which one would you choose yourself?

I would go for the Banoffi, simply because I had not had it in ages !
    Used to buy the slices in M&S, but don't have one local anymore.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

otnomart wrote: »
    Wow !
    If I look at this in the terms of 20 week-ends, that is not much spare time left, at all !
    Considering that some are already booked with trips or events.
    Where does all the time go ?!

And considering how fast weekends go blink and we are there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're into the 130thies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Days are definitely getting shorter! Was up just after 5 to one of the kids and it was still dark. And there was an autumnal nip in the air when I was leaving the house just after 7 this morning!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Days are definitely getting shorter! Was up just after 5 to one of the kids and it was still dark. And there was an autumnal nip in the air when I was leaving the house just after 7 this morning!

We gte up at 5.45am & I can assure you the mornings are getting darker, about 2 weeks ago it was bright & sunny at thta time, this morning is was close enough to twilight.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

BTW, was out on site yesterday afternoon with that client I mentioned before & during our walk through went into the refrigerated storage areas, half of which were full of mince pies & puddings all wrapped & boxed ready for shipment to their chain of shops at the end of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Hi Elves! I'm tenatively dipping in :o
    Christmas 2018 wasn't my best year as I had just moved back in with my parents after my relationship ended, my usual Christmas spirit was severely lacking and I was definitely more of a reader/thanker than a poster. I'm back to myself this year and already buzzing for the coming months :D

I'm going to the west coast of the USA for a few weeks next month, meaning by the time I come home at the end of September it'll be officially Christmas season (in my book anyway ;)). Still living with the folks but I'm very excited to start the baking with my mum and lining up Christmas movies to watch each week with my sister.

I'm also super organised (for the first time ever!!), I have gifts sorted for my parents, my three godchildren and my best friend. Normally I'm still stumped for ideas so its a relief to have them paid for and put away at this early stage. I still have a few more people to buy for but at least the big ones are out of the way.

Looking forward to the build up & the dark evenings rolling in, it'll be here before we know it! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hi Susie! :)

This all sounds very organised, yes things are starting to get exciting now, eeeek. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Hi Susie, so glad things are going well for you and that you’ve got your Xmas mojo back! Enjoy your time in the states and fair play for being so organised:)

78 days ago was the day of the local elections/divorce referendum. In 78 days the clocks will go back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

It seems to have turned to Winter in the space of the last week!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It seems to have turned to Winter in the space of the last week!

The weather certainly has anyway!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Howdy elves! Haven't been around here in a while, although I've been in full-on Christmas mode. I was sick for most of July but Christmas in July on Movies 24 (and lots and lots of medication :pac:) made it all better! Hope everyone here is doing well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh no, I hope you're feeling better now, Toto. :)

All good now, thanks Posy! Ready to continue the countdown to Christmas.

Happy winter weather everyone. :D :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy winter weather everyone. :D :pac:

Loving it - good riddance to humidity :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Welcome back Toto - glad to hear you're on the mend. Only got to see a few of the Christmas in July movies in July, but have a good few recorded for whenever I get time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I'm in such a great mood today despite the grey clouds. My bank account has virtually been emptied this week paying for courses. ah well its gotta be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

i went out for dinner last sunday,had what resembled a christmas dinner,roasties,turkey etc..just to remind myself of whats on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

They have landed
    gXboAd4.jpg

It's great the Crunchies are in them this year!

m17 wrote: »
    They have landed
    gXboAd4.jpg

There goes the diet, once the quality street appear my resolve starts to dissolve!!

I read that yesterday was essentially the start of the Christmas shopping season. Last year searches for ‘Christmas’ in the DVD category on eBay surged in the second week of August. This happened in the third week of August in 2017 and the fourth week in 2016. Technically the build up is getting earlier every year. :pac:

I'm watching ''Reeling in the Years'' 1987 and they are playing ''Fairytale of New York.''

It's great the Crunchies are in them this year!

And the double decker dinky ones. They’re amazing.

Very excited for this.

And the double decker dinky ones. They’re amazing.

Very excited for this.

Heroes have double deckers!!! Nooooo.... the quality street dominance in our house may be challenged!

• Advertisement

m17 wrote: »
    They have landed
    gXboAd4.jpg

This does seem earlier than last year but I love it!!!

BT Christmas shop opening this Thursday too. Tis the season... :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement