Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Heroes have double deckers!!! Nooooo.... the quality street dominance in our house may be challenged!

Yep. I’m very excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Back from a few days ‘out west’ and straight into house renovations. Already had one company let me down and one tradesman have a family emergency, so stressful couple of days. Was determined to check back in today to see what’s being going on and just about made it.

Good to see things are really starting to get going. Heard back from both Santa places that bookings start end of August so be nice to get those sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The entry forms for the Renault Clio give away on first Late Late Show of the season arrived Yesterday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Just back from a few trips. Being home makes it very Christmassy and as we need to rely on deliveries or carrying stuff in our suitcases at Christmas we need to plan in advance. So that will be commencing soon.

I posted on the out of season about christmas films on flights, way out of season and in weird and wonder places like internal flights in the middle east etc. Always so tempting to throw them on.

We are spending Christmas week in Limerick and as everyone is home for Christmas the OH's house is full so we are going to look at Air BnB now that the family is bigger. Fingers crossed for one in walking distance.

Hope everyone else is well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

m17 wrote: »
    They have landed
    gXboAd4.jpg
    😲😲😲😲 and so it begins !!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

The keogh's crisps in the background with the quality street...drool.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    The keogh's crisps in the background with the quality street...drool.

Crisps and chocolate the perfect combination!

69266254_2372287896188187_7875466176720011264_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQl5MyOCUzbvgS7FGBGJv9XJhXWR8b--bulwhpI5Gf8fXUs9mtjE6ijEkur38fTHqd4&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=becb0fffff6688b503eba3c361c1f4b9&oe=5DCCA090

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Not sure if this is the right thread. I reactivated my Boards account today. I used to love Christmas but some major stresses (posted here some years ago) and a few since (Big C) made me fall out of love with Christmas. I have checked in on this thread though and it gave me heart. I am back on board with loving Christmas and plan to enjoy all the fun of preparing this year. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Eleysian wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right thread. I reactivated my Boards account today. I used to love Christmas but some major stresses (posted here some years ago) and a few since (Big C) made me fall out of love with Christmas. I have checked in on this thread though and it gave me heart. I am back on board with loving Christmas and plan to enjoy all the fun of preparing this year. Thanks!

Well if theres anything we can do on here to help get you back in love with christmas we'll do our best. Welcome back btw!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Ah thank you for the lovely replies. I look forward to posting a picture of my Christmas tree! Well I have a painter lined up for the late autumn to get the house looking lovely for Christmas. Also have a company coming in to do a big clean on carpets, rugs etc in a few months. It is scary how quickly things get booked up for the festive season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Ah thank you for the lovely replies. I look forward to posting a picture of my Christmas tree! Well I have a painter lined up for the late autumn to get the house looking lovely for Christmas. Also have a company coming in to do a big clean on carpets, rugs etc in a few months. It is scary how quickly things get booked up for the festive season.

Good to see you here - it’s a great forum and will start getting very lively from here on in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭tscul32

Bthe other day I booked the hotels for our annual girls christmas shopping trip to Belfast. Just over 10 weeks until the Hallmark countdown to Christmas starts and that'll make it official.

Welcome back to the happiest place on boards. If you ever need to melt your stresses away this is the place for that :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Welcome back, Eleysian. I remember you posting about the illnesses and your family faced. You definitely deserve a few happy and healthy Christmasses.

Good to see you again! :)

DHPENaNXYAANYwb?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Brown thomas opening their Christmas Store in Cork tomorrow, lots of negativity doing the rounds on social media :D:D, I care not a jot, LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Not sure I'm on board with deep fried brussels sprouts. Maybe if they were shredded and mixed with potato and bacon to make croquettes.

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/foodanddrink/deep-fried-brussels-sprouts-tesco-a4212886.html

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Loughc wrote: »
    And the double decker dinky ones. They’re amazing.

Very excited for this.
    Mini Double Deckers!! Feeeeeed me
    Not sure I'm on board with deep fried brussels sprouts. Maybe if they were shredded and mixed with potato and bacon to make croquettes.
    I would try them once at least! I hated brussels sprouts for most of my life but started to like them in the last few years, clearly I am a real adult now :pac:

I've gone on record as being a brussels sprouts fan and stand by that today, love a sunday roast (leg of lamb my favourite) with roast potatoes, carrots & sprouts... always associate sprouts with winter dinners & will 100% be serving them up on christmas day this year!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Brussels Sprouts are the bomb. Whenever I eat one, my family runs away because my arse is about to explode.

Yeah, a feed of sprouts & a few cans of guinness on christmas day can clear a room in no time... kaboom!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Just back from BT Christmas shop in Cork. A bit sparse yet but very nice all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I like brussels sprouts too, but those Tesco ones will definitely be mushy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Just back from BT Christmas shop in Cork. A bit sparse yet but very nice all the same.
    Oh niiiiice. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Hi All,
    Saw the first of the Christmas Decorations in Carrick Donn last week......
    With this crap grey weather, you.d need some glitter to keep your spirits up.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Got v excited as it said that tickets for Christmas Island were going on sale yesterday, arranged a date with all the family and then went in to book last night and it said bookings aren’t till the end of the month :(

I was listening to RedFM recently and DJ mentioned that Newbridge Silverware have an all year round Christmas Shop... I had.nt been aware of this gem of information...

I was listening to RedFM recently and DJ mentioned that Newbridge Silverware have an all year round Christmas Shop... I had.nt been aware of this gem of information...

I'm moving to Newbridge!
    They've also a decent shopping centre and Penneys, Homestore and more,etc.

• Advertisement

Ye...I.v been in The Whitewater Centre... New Bridge is a fine town... Hope it goes well for u. You.can confirm if its true about all year round Christmas Shop !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement