Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Hi everyone, hope you are all good. Haven't had much time to be in here but hopefully will be around a bit more now in the run up.

Congrats on the new elf Jelly!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I adore this time of year!! I'm already full of christmas cheer :D

I am on a day off today so after dropping my 4 yo to Montessori I went to Range and they've started the assembly of their Christmas section.. boohoo... got home with herself and she asked to watch The Grinch. So happy. What a brilliant Monday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

DvB wrote: »
    I booked it on opening day. We went last year (family of 4) and loved it, so when we asked the kids where to go this year they jumped on going again. It does seem a tad pricey but all these kind of things are a little on the pricy side, IIRC the gifts the kids received were of a decent quality too though.
    Personally I thought it worth it as its an infrequent event & the 'santa' years are coming to an end soon for us so are trying to make the most of them.

My sister is the same with one of hers so she is pushing us big time. Ours are still quite little and we've never done an experience before. I'll give it some more thought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Congrats to Jelly on the arrival of the new elf :)

Was out and about at lunchtime and both Dealz & Euro2 are gone full on with the Halloween decorations, so won't be long now!!

Need to pop to the Range in Limerick later, so hopefully they'll have some crimbo stuff out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Haven't been around much the last few weeks and been full on house renovations however back in work today so will definitely be on much more. Just been reading through all the threads (had 12 in my followed threads- all Christmas ones!) and has seriously got me in the Christmas mood. Really cheered me up after my first morning back in a good few weeks.

Elf 1 started school last week, no bother to her (I wasn't crying, I had something in my eye:)), Elf 2 started Montessori this morning and by all account loved it so really feeling we can getting into the Christmas season.

Have booked Santa in Christmas Island so have that in the calendar already.

Anyone recommend any Christmas tree farms where you can go and pick your own tree, cut it down etc?

PS. con'grats Jellybear on the arrival of new Elf, hope all going well.

Wife ordered us all matching Christmas jammies from Aliexpress. Quality is about what you'd expect for the price however delivery does take a while so order early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Dealz!
    69540027_2390469944608946_1637861056497844224_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQkRQQFu8HJF57kfVM2ZmYadQZSbD4t_JyRCRPXN8U6Ung6LxEJuQvLsOMHltNaZbrA&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=d72ce43db4cf7fa27f40df63329734e6&oe=5E108C2D

t1.0-
    9/69547809_2390469611275646_8578882017649754112_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQk5PKZD5eGu7u1xKhFNGVxhKmeyVRFT4gKOiDTJ8Ket5rfzVlr2ZJV8TRgKyVSBwsw&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=f712b46602234d1d0297344ec792962b&oe=5DFC08C8

Strange looking weed killer.

69493383_2390470211275586_3737197730267660288_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQnbZ6Njkc4Ry50S6_MoM5EuDFvYZHRDSoEzlCZMogIRpCpqsrZFDr7fylnKL2vRhBk&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=fb5aee7399b93092241867d65dfc8da3&oe=5DFD5258

69316094_2390470397942234_1302566329932316672_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQlK8ZebtF6c7tOErDe6BBjGzBFqcmRY9BMRbe3CPVvQ4ewTws7I3xhKMe_I9dnXyEQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=ceb64b930605cab5e3dbd7aa7ac581dd&oe=5DFE7F3A

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    Hi everyone, hope you are all good. Haven't had much time to be in here but hopefully will be around a bit more now in the run up.

Congrats on the new elf Jelly!

Thanks for popping back in Kitten :D

giphy.gif

We missed you :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Dealz!

69316094_2390470397942234_1302566329932316672_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQlK8ZebtF6c7tOErDe6BBjGzBFqcmRY9BMRbe3CPVvQ4ewTws7I3xhKMe_I9dnXyEQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=ceb64b930605cab5e3dbd7aa7ac581dd&oe=5DFE7F3A

So Much CHOCOLATE.... it truly is the most wonderful time of the year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Aw , congratulations JellyBear , that's wonderful news !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Congrats to Jelly on the arrival of the new elf :)

Was out and about at lunchtime and both Dealz & Euro2 are gone full on with the Halloween decorations, so won't be long now!!

Need to pop to the Range in Limerick later, so hopefully they'll have some crimbo stuff out :)

Was in Dealz here yesterday and in one aisle , one side was full with Halloween decorations , the other side , Christmas :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

CheerLouth wrote: »
    My sister is the same with one of hers so she is pushing us big time. Ours are still quite little and we've never done an experience before. I'll give it some more thought!

To be fair, ours were 5 before we brought them to any of the christmas 'experience' events, up until then it was just Santas's grotto in the Blanchardstown SC. We felt they were a bit too young to appreciate them before then & one of them was freaked by the idea of meeting santa before then anyway & had refused to go in & see him, even in a family group.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    To be fair, ours were 5 before we brought them to any of the christmas 'experience' events, up until then it was just Santas's grotto in the Blanchardstown SC. We felt they were a bit too young to appreciate them before then & one of them was freaked by the idea of meeting santa before then anyway & had refused to go in & see him, even in a family group.

Yes you see this is it. We normally just go to see the same Santa every year. He's just in the local toy shop but he is the real deal! Real beard, belly full of jelly chuckle, his suit is amazing! Plus he only lives down the road from us so we see him in the local pub quite often and the kids know him. I'm a bit worried that an "experience" would bring questions from our eldest about why the Santas aren't the same & I'm not ready yet to start explaining that Santa is a very busy man in the run up to Christmas so sometimes, he has to deploy stand ins!

CheerLouth wrote: »

The first couple of years we brought ELF1 to see Santa she cried and wouldn't go near him let alone sit on his knee. Was only when she was 3 did she seem to enjoy it at all and then last year she loved it and was yapping away to all the ones we saw like an old one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

This will be the little ones first Christmas so we would like to get a pic visiting Santa even if she will look terrified. Does anyone know of a good Santa in Limerick around Chirstmas, or at a push Dublin city centre? also do you need to book these in advance?

Jude13 wrote: »
    This will be the little ones first Christmas so we would like to get a pic visiting Santa even if she will look terrified. Does anyone know of a good Santa in Limerick around Chirstmas, or at a push Dublin city centre? also do you need to book these in advance?

Not much help with Limerick I'm afraid however we have enjoyed the one in Arnotts the last couple of years. You cant book so have to get there early to get your ticket. However you don't have to queue then you can head off and they'll text you 30 mins before. There is lots to do in Arnotts it's self or around Henry street. Also it's free and you just pay for the picture.

Perfect, I have a 300 yo yo Arnotts voucher which might get hammered whilst there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Perfect, I have a 300 yo yo Arnotts voucher which might get hammered whilst there.

Make sure you get there early or you could be either left waiting all day or they could be out of tickets.

They have two Santa's (shhhh don't tell anyone) going on busy days so get through a lot of visits however you do need to get there early. I was queuing up from 8am when we went last year because it was a Friday close to Christmas. Two years ago we got in around 10/11 and was told it would be 6pm before we get seen so went to one in Jervis centre (was ok however not as good as Arnotts imo)

Fudge that, two things I cannot abide, queuing and bah-humbugers.

• Advertisement

Fudge that, two things I cannot abide, queuing and bah-humbugers.

I hear you on the queuing thing. However I queued on my own with a coffee and my phone while wife took kids to brekkie. Doors opened at 8.50, ran in and got ticket and then we went off to the toy section till we got the call to say it was out turn. Saw him around 10am then took lots of pictures in gretto and when went around a few shops and home for lunch.

Change the coffee for a hot chocolate and you have me.

I have heard good reports about the Santa experience in Jetland Dunnes in Limerick - always looks good from the outside anyway.

Bunratty also have Santa - but you need to book it to get times/dates that suit. Haven't seen it advertised yet, so not sure if they have started taking bookings.

Don't have any elves myself so cannot comment other than hearsay!

The Range in Limerick was in total confusion yesterday.......pallets of Christmas stock......pallets of summer stock and empty pallets.......basically looks like they are trying to swap over from one season to the next.....but at least the Christmas stock is coming!!

Was in Homestore and More too - but they didn't even have Halloween stuff out yet :(

chuckles30 wrote: »

Was in Homestore and More too - but they didn't even have Halloween stuff out yet :(

From my experience Homestore and more won't have Christmas stock out until 1st November!

70427094_3285839971433772_4348158060779274240_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQkJg7hIc4lO2-hM19mH-p-zgGJGI0E9h66bw9Kk2LLKP1l6-bHlLJk3mgOToQz3bEo&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=a9ec0afd46f7abcd9b685d7ab7e67225&oe=5E150031

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Has anyone started putting on the heating yet?
    Chilly enough this evening, I'd say the heating will be set to come on and off with the timer soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Chilly enough this evening, I'd say the heating will be set to come on and off with the timer soon!

No, not yet,trying to avoid at all costs, wait for -10 or something.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have the heated towel rails on all year around, so I have warm dry towels.

I also use my electric blanket a lot during the summer because I'm generally pretty cold. :D

• Advertisement

TK Maxx in Drogheda have some Hallowe'en bits out - no Christmas stuff yet, but think it is probably too early yet for a lot of shops.

I turned our heating back on yesterday - we have a geothermal system with underfloor heating so it takes a few days for the house to get back to being cosy. I'm the coldest creature known to man :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement