Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It’s bloody freezing today. My ankles can’t even cope with the shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Has anyone started putting on the heating yet?
    Chilly enough this evening, I'd say the heating will be set to come on and off with the timer soon!

As my Dad use to say to us and I say to my wife........'Sure put on a jumper if your cold' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I won a competition (text AERO to 50100 to win an Inglot lipstick) and they sent me 3 Aero Bliss sweets too. They're pretty expensive but they could be a nice option as a Christmas treat if they're on offer. The salted caramel was my favourite, then the praline and the plain one was a bit meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Hubby suggested putting on a fire last night and he is usually like Grinch refusing to put one on until end of October! ;)

Arnotts Santa sounds brilliant, maybe we could look at doing a wee trip to Dublin for wild lights and Santa. I ordered a letter from santa last night and started looking for someone to make a Christmas stocking using baby clothes.

Hubby suggested putting on a fire last night and he is usually like Grinch refusing to put one on until end of October! ;)

Arnotts Santa sounds brilliant, maybe we could look at doing a wee trip to Dublin for wild lights and Santa. I ordered a letter from santa last night and started looking for someone to make a Christmas stocking using baby clothes.

Will you let me know if you find someone who does the stocking, would be a nice surprise for the OH as she loves doing stuff like that for the kids.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I have the heated towel rails on all year around, so I have warm dry towels.

I also use my electric blanket a lot during the summer because I'm generally pretty cold. :D
    It’s bloody freezing today. My ankles can’t even cope with the shock.

I certainly noticed a nip in the air heading to work this morning!

I got absolutely soaked last night while walking the dog and the thought of coming home and putting on the heating and snuggling up for the night came into my head, it felt very wintery at night lately.

I really hope we get lots of frost this winter, the last few Winters have been so mild there was few cold cold days.

Loughc wrote: »
    I really hope we get lots of frost this winter, the last few Winters have been so mild there was few cold cold days.

I remember last Christmas day, it was so mild. I really wanted to light the fire however with so many people in the house, oven going etc that was too warm :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    I remember last Christmas day, it was so mild. I really wanted to light the fire however with so many people in the house, oven going etc that was too warm :(

EVERY Christmas for me, the house is a bazillion degrees due to the non-stop cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Will you let me know if you find someone who does the stocking, would be a nice surprise for the OH as she loves doing stuff like that for the kids.

Of course I will! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

70637984_2392079937781280_2611785216313786368_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQmgoF05V4WJsQxbvupyQlUo0S1iI1MIpSpLWmumXz9txz2TNvdEPNwqK012ega6C5w&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=ea628f9918bc71a956a2804b3699e062&oe=5E103A04

• Advertisement

CheerLouth wrote: »
    TK Maxx in Drogheda have some Hallowe'en bits out - no Christmas stuff yet, but think it is probably too early yet for a lot of shops.

I was in TKMaxx in Portlaoise at the weekend and they had loads of Halloween snowglobes out with one Christmas one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Must admit, this morning was the first time in quite a while where I contemplated whether or not to turn the heating timer back on for the mornings, we get up at 5.45am and its bad enough it now being dark at that time but I wasn't prepared for the drop in temperature I felt this morning.
    In saying that it's rarely my decision with respect to the heating, the Mrs will decide for me.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Sorry but there's only 16 weeks to Christmas? :confused: :eek:

How the hell did that happen?

One of the upside of such a busy August was I went from summer to full on Christmas like over night!

Just added that to the christmas countdown thread, I know its counted down in days normally but I like to throw in the odd week as well as the weeks are flying by.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

As my Dad use to say to us and I say to my wife........'Sure put on a jumper if your cold' :D

Ah my father in law used to say that all the time!:)
    He was a wonderful man who loved Christmas. He died at Christmas 13 years ago and is still desperately missed.
    By the way not trying to put a dampner on things here, we always remember him with happiness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Ditto for anyone who find someone who makes stockings out of baby clothes. I think I have found a present I want. I don't usually ever ask for anything from the OH but this is a nice little thing and cheap. Although for years I have been asking for very very thin material socks, however I keep getting a load of normal socks, my shoes barely fit.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,144 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Selection boxes out in big Tesco in Naas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Jude13 wrote: »
    This will be the little ones first Christmas so we would like to get a pic visiting Santa even if she will look terrified. Does anyone know of a good Santa in Limerick around Chirstmas, or at a push Dublin city centre? also do you need to book these in advance?

The Santa in Lough Gur is amazing! He may actually be the Santa. I know your little one will be too young to appreciate how good he is at his role but he's so gentle and calm that the experience will be far less overwhelming for her. Also, I find that babies/toddlers tend to find the fake beard worrisome so his short real beard should be less scary.
    What's an SNA (aimed at Iguana)?
    It's a special needs assistant working in schools to help out kids with extra needs in their learning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

iguana wrote: »
    It's a special needs assistant working in schools to help out kids with extra needs in their learning.

Fair play Iguana. My best friend's little girl has an SNA at school & they are brilliant. It's the only way she can stay in mainstream school - SNA's make such a difference :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

I remember in school a few pals of mine used to nip off for extra lessons as they struggled with some things. Tis a calling. My OH is a teacher so I guess I should have known it. Might not be called that here though.

Anywho thanks to the christmas fm threads im walking around the office singing feliz navidad (or however you spell it)

Anywho thanks to the christmas fm threads im walking around the office singing feliz navidad (or however you spell it)

I had to google that to cop the song. As soon as it came up I knew it instantly... doh!

Only 9 degrees leaving for work this morning, and it felt so cold. The cold weather has got me excited for Winter!! :)

I was in bed this morning st about 7 and it's the first time in ages I felt cold.

Tesco weee also putting out gift sets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Back from late Summer hols, so good seeing the Forum buzzing !

Congrats for your little Elf, Jellybear !!!

otnomart wrote: »

Welcome back! :) How was the hols? Where did you go?

There's nothing better than being offline and then coming back to a hape of posts to catch up on. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

T'was lovely, thank you Loughc !

It's def Autumn now, nice to read how everyone's preparations are coming along nicely !

otnomart wrote: »

Welcome back, hope you had a nice time away.

The movie thread will be active again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Sounds like this could be worth a visit if near:

fm104.ie/the-buzz/new-winter-experience-wonderlights-on-the-way/

Join us for an enchanting night walk experience by festival light, highlighting the local countryside, wildlife and Irish folklore.
    Ireland’s first ever multi sensory outdoor trail is 2km in length, and fully accessible for wheelchairs and prams. This one is for all the family!
    Wonderlights captures the imagination and transports you into a world of enchantment. See the woodland come alive with 1000's of lights, stunning visuals and projections to create a unique atmospheric backdrop for an evening stroll.
    The event concludes with a complimentary funfair for the kids, where you can take some time out at our Woodland Cafe.
    Tickets will go on sale on Sept 17th, but you can sign up here for priority sale access: https://www.wonderlights.ie/sign-up/

• Advertisement

We're into the 100's now.
    Can't believe we are nearly in the double digits now. It doesn't seem like that long ago that we entered the 190's!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement