Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

The year is gone lads and ladies. Felt the chill the last few days. was in Portugal last week, we are really missing out here weather wise but we make up for it in craic and xmas spirit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Autumn for me means: fancy coffees.
    Last year was into Oreo coffees at a local cafè; stopped going there though, because was sick of the umbearably loud music. Guess they were trying to alienate most of the clients who went there with their laptops/books !
    Anyhoo, I got a new local now, their iced coffees are lovely and had them throughout the Summer; today tried their Moka and it was yummy.

Anyone had their first Hot Chocolate of the Autumn; yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Congrats on your wee elf Jelly!! :)

Watching strictly come dancing here for the first time and it is just because the mini elf likes it it ain't bad!

I made my first hot chocolate last night and with loads of cinnamon!! :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ok Strictly’s back time to put the tree up.

I actually went to get a hot chocolate on Friday after work but left it too late and I couldn’t miss my lift home :(

Soon tho. Soon...

NFL is back tomorrow for any football fans :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Loughc wrote: »
    Ok Strictly’s back time to put the tree up.

I actually went to get a hot chocolate on Friday after work but left it too late and I couldn’t miss my lift home :(

Soon tho. Soon...

Kansas City Chiefs - the eternal optimist here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Christmas%2Btag.jpg

Above: an example of a gift tag made from an old Christmas card with the aid of a crimping scissors - it's a great way of recycling.

Below: For some years now I've been dabbling in card publishing in a very small way - last Christmas I produced half a dozen different cards. Half the fun is in tracking down suitable original artwork - some years it's full sized paintings and last year I also used a couple of ancient handpainted postcards. The top one was just a bit of fun and didn't work out particularly well, but the Windmill card, which was more than 100 years old and damaged, hit the spot. Printed on linen it was superb - sorry pics don't in anyway do justice to it. I will be producing it again this year albeit slightly improved.

Robin%2BChristmas%2BCard%2BVISTAPRINT%2B-%2BCopy.jpg

Below: Two more from 2018 that turned out nicely: The church scene was made using an Edwardian USA card and Vistaprint technology! The Fieldfare was from an original painting that I purchased in Belfast by the elusive Ulster artist William Huston.

CARDS%2B2.jpg

Anyone else making their own cards this year? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

My o/h made this last week.
    The star changes colour.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Eleysian wrote: »

Their QB is quite the talent could be an exciting season for ye!!

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Christmas%2Btag.jpg

:)

The recycled gift tag is such a clever idea. It’s looks great. LOVE that idea!!!

washiskin wrote: »
    My o/h made this last week.
    The star changes colour.

That’s brilliant!! Love the star!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Eleysian wrote: »

Great start for them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Go Cowboys!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Watching my Birds beating the ‘skins as we speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

My two NFL teams are the 49ers and the Giants. :D

The Ravens handed out a Christmas stuffing to the Dolphins tonight! :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Go sports teams!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Only strictly Christmassy because of our lack of a permanent rink in Ireland but look what I just got!
    839452a54725bbd18649be3ad44c7a56-full.png

I'm also looking for rink reviews. Limerick on Ice is terrible, dangerously over crowded most of the time, the ice is in awful condition unless you get insanely lucky enough to be at the session just after one of the extremely rare times they use the zamboni. And really dangerous behaviour is far too tolerated with teenagers messing about on the aids for small children while tiny kids who can . barely stand cling to adults because the aids are being misused. How are the Dublin rinks and Galway? I should be in both over Christmas and want to get a chance to skate vaguely comfortably. S has his own pair of skates too and it will be the first time he'll be using proper skates, so I want the rink to be safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Have had my first Hot chocolate 2 weeks ago and it's the start of many more :) I like Costas, anyone have any other recommendations??

Autosport wrote: »
    Have had my first Hot chocolate 2 weeks ago and it's the start of many more :) I like Costas, anyone have any other recommendations??

Costa's my favourite too. Starbucks are too bland for my liking.

So another stat update in the last week we've posted more than the entire month of April. And after today we will have posted more than the entire month of June.

Loving the traffic here this month :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Lads, I'm raging this morning - Quality Street are ditching the Toffee Deluxe :eek:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/sep/09/happy-christmas-shrinkflation-trims-quality-street-again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I had a hot chocolate this morning. I was greeted with a ‘you’re back!’ when I handed over my Keepcup. I’d been there a few times over the summer but not for hot chocolate so I think it was a momentous occasion. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

So another stat update in the last week we've posted more than the entire month of April. And after today we will have posted more than the entire month of June.

Loving the traffic here this month :)

As a bit of antidote evidence, my followed threads (all Christmas forum) use to be about 5 and is now up to 13.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Lads, I'm raging this morning - Quality Street are ditching the Toffee Deluxe :eek:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/sep/09/happy-christmas-shrinkflation-trims-quality-street-again

Said the exact same on the christmas purchases thread... ragin!:mad:
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

CheerLouth wrote: »

Still devastated :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

If anyone wants something a bit different for their hot choc fix, try getting a white hot chocolate made with coconut milk in Costa. It's SO good.

Also I love Chai Lattes, I can't be the only one? It's Christmas in a cup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

I love hot chocolates, butlers being my go too. My Mrs loves chai lattes from costa but knocked it on the head, 'Costa’s largest chai latte was found to contain 20 teaspoons of sugar' was the reason. I hope someone doesnt have a look at the sugar in a butlers hot chocolate. I prefer to ignore it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

If anyone wants something a bit different for their hot choc fix, try getting a white hot chocolate made with coconut milk in Costa. It's SO good.

Also I love Chai Lattes, I can't be the only one? It's Christmas in a cup!

I love a white hot chocolate :)

The Daily Mail has announced there will be another "Beast from the East" in Jan/Feb 2020.

My advice, stock up on sun cream and summer shorts now. Daily Mail never get these things right.

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    I love hot chocolates, butlers being my go too. My Mrs loves chai lattes from costa but knocked it on the head, 'Costa’s largest chai latte was found to contain 20 teaspoons of sugar' was the reason. I hope someone doesnt have a look at the sugar in a butlers hot chocolate. I prefer to ignore it.

OMG Butlers Hot Chocolate.... oh yes, they are my favourite too but none nearby me anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement