Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm getting loads of e-mails about it being your last chance to order before Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Hello all. Ive been so busy we went to causey farm on Saturday to see Santa. It was amazing. For anyone who is not in the festive spirit try making some home made gifts. I have made lemoncello and also hot chocolate (following Jamie Olivers recipe). I have finished wrapping my gifts this year and was delighted to sit down with the family last night and watch the snapper

The turkeys are going to be in the supermarkets Tomorrow!

Regarding time moving fast. I find it hard to believe the kids born in the year 2000 will be turning 18 soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Regarding time moving fast. I find it hard to believe the kids born in the year 2000 will be turning 18 soon!

Pffft don't be so sil.......... oh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Yep, my daughter turns 18 in January. It seems like a few years since we watched the millennial celebrations - not 18 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Traffic is significantly lighter this morning and the bus is much quieter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,446 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The train wasn't... ours was rammed as usual. For some reasons Tuesdays are always the busiest though.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Second last day for me! Hit up Tescos last night & got everyone Christmas jammies! :D Just need to pick up a few last bits on Friday in town!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    The train wasn't... ours was rammed as usual. For some reasons Tuesdays are always the busiest though.

On a normal week, Tuesday is the busiest as people tend to take Mondays off for long weekends etc.

I noticed that this week too. Flew in today.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    On a normal week, Tuesday is the busiest as people tend to take Mondays off for long weekends etc.

I noticed that this week too. Flew in today.

Didn’t know you had a plane :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Been having a terrible week as my previous landlord has been making my life miserable and it impacted my Christmas joy a bit.

But coming here and reading this forum has really cheered me up and gotten me in the mood again :) I now suddenly feel a surge of excitement that we are so close to Christmas and honestly in such a bad time it is a blessing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The turkeys are going to be in the supermarkets Tomorrow!

We got ours this evening

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭beertons

On Sunday, I called into a place for work, and a girl came over and jokingly asked what I got her for Christmas. I had 2 boxes of chocolates behind my back, one for her and one for her mother(I know her too from working there). When she saw them, she started crying. Her boss looked at me, and I said, if I'd known this was going to happen, I'd have gotten her a mop! She stopped, rang her mam, put her on the phone. More thanks, no tears, she's a tougher woman.

And today, I called to a place in Stoneybatter. Completely caught the woman off guard. I thought for a minute she was going to hug me, but there were too many customers looking.

Gave nothing to the business owners, they get enough off everyone else. Just felt a small gesture of chocolates might go a long way.

Oh, and I got a bottle of whiskey and box of chocolates off my new cash and carry today too. Only with them a few months. Split the gifts with my dad. Gave him the whiskey, he doesn't drink, but mam will appreciate it. If I took the whiskey, it'd be half gone now. At least I can recycle the chocolate with surprise callers.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Well, I'm unexpectedly on my Christmas holidays a week early. Turns out my "cold" is a raging throat infection so I've started antibiotics today in the hope of clearing it up before Christmas! Tonight I'm writing Christmas cards so that they'll arrive just before the big day, but too late for people to write one back. The ultimate act of aggression

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I hope you get well soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Being sick at Christmas sucks. Get well soon.

Happy last day at work to those lucky ducks who are finishing today! Don’t worry, the rest of us will take the the early shift on here. Found out yesterday that I’m finishing up tomorrow so it’s not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Think I have a cold coming on, and I never get sick! :( Uh typical! Still can't believe that it's 5 days to christmas!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Boys plays today, this'll be fun.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,446 ✭✭✭✭DvB

leahyl wrote: »
    Think I have a cold coming on, and I never get sick! :( Uh typical! Still can't believe that it's 5 days to christmas!!!

I feel your pain. Havent had more than a headache all year and woke up yesterday with a banging headcold... (I blame the kids) hoping a drowning in alcohol tomorrow when we finish work at lunchtime beats it up & kicks it out :D

Only 5 days to go, cant believe how fast that's gone. Only feels like a few days ago I logged on to the forum to see if anyone else was showing early signs of interest in crimbo....

It really is the most wonderful time of the year...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

I bought my goose today, it’s officially Christmas 🎄

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Oh can someone stick a couple of extra days in the week please? :( I was all organised, finished my shopping at the weekend but now I feel all stressed out with the amount of other things to be done. I need more Christmas spirit (preferably low fat :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Sick, but flaked out on the couch listening to my Christmas playlist on Spotify on my Echo!

Mel & Kim are rocking around the Xmas tree!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Last few hours in work for 2017... to say I'm getting giddy would be a tab bit of an understatement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Last day today - have my Christmas Tree jumper on in celebration! :D And we are having a team lunch as well. This time tomorrow, I'll be elbow deep in the cleaning! Simultaneously looking forward to it & dreading it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Mam asked me to post the Christmas cards for her so off I went in the bike. Nice Christmas decorations up in the post office including a singing snowman. :D Today's the last day for postal deliveries for Ireland with An Post. Tomorrow for express delivery!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

DenMan wrote: »
    Mam asked me to post the Christmas cards for her so off I went in the bike. Nice Christmas decorations up in the post office including a singing snowman. :D Today's the last day for postal deliveries for Ireland with An Post. Tomorrow for express delivery!

You just reminded me I have a card in my bag that I need to post today, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Second last day in work. We have our Secret Santa exchange later with mince pies etc.

The this evening we have our department night out (suppose to be a mental night in previous years). The dress code is silly season so have my Christmas attire ready to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Another member of the lucky elf brigade here who is now officially on holidays woohoo!!:D

To those of you who have a cold right now I hope it gets better before the big day, there's nothing worst than not being able to taste your food.
    Here are some tips from webmd that may help :)https://symptoms.webmd.com/cold-flu-map/cold-and-flu-treatment-checklist

Edit: Just a quick question: Anyone remember that christmas tree tesco was selling a few weeks ago with stuffing, turkey and cranberry (I think)? Are they not selling it anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

A one a day non drowsy antihistamine is great for the stuffy nose type colds.

You heard it here first!

Happy Christmas everyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement