Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,770 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

71651956_2408176806171593_4375727975543341056_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQlt7E7F0k45plHZ7A6XMe55AfdGVt6wCL4rzVuX7ga9l8hLRbFzL4B03NMwYu98xk0&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=5b037284a196f78d7862685c2ac81ca4&oe=5DF43EC6

70958505_2408176619504945_1940766850568683520_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQkuCjySMDdgBzg5zdt8DeOfqrkU0S0ltfE-nO3sD-dRTcwWW-v7zFDTjTN14UhV-C0&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=72c47817c189e9aacee1a143fda482ac&oe=5DF77953

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They had hot cross buns in Dunnes the other day.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

New Home wrote: »
    They had hot cross buns in Dunnes the other day.

Easter just starts earlier and earlier every year :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I hope they weren't leftovers (not that that would put me off, really... :p).

Loughc wrote: »
    Easter just starts earlier and earlier every year :pac:

The sign above those Barnbrack actually said Hot Cross Buns but I edited it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Currently listening to last years Christmas Eve show for Marty in the Morning on Lyric - so nice and Christmassy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Marks and Spencer’s have their tins of Shortbread biscuits on offer and some of their chocolates. I was very tempted to buy some but I did hold off (for now) ;)

Today is the first day there is more darkness than brightness(If that makes sense,Joanna Donnelly explained it better)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Today is the first day there is more darkness than brightness(If that makes sense,Joanna Donnelly explained it better)

Yesterday was the Autumn Equinox, I presume that means the half way point between the Summer and Winter solstice.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well it certainly miserable out there. Sky is so dull. Wish I was curled up in bed than out in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Well it certainly miserable out there. Sky is so dull. Wish I was curled up in bed than out in it.

I don't mind the darkness or even the cold, its the rain that I cant stand!

Had a turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce sandwich last night. Was delicious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Definitely seemed darker this morning, not that the miserable wet weather helped that situation. We're getting real close to drawing the curtains when you get in from work & putting on the fire time.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,144 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I haven't even ordered the logs and coal for the fire yet.

TRS30 wrote: »

Same! I hate the rain.

Had a turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce sandwich last night. Was delicious!

Ooooh sounds good. Must look into having something like that on the weekend as a treat! Need a pick me up this week already and it's only Tuesday haha.

On a positive note, this day 3 months time is the best day of the year!! :)

Same! I hate the rain.

Ooooh sounds good. Must look into having something like that on the weekend as a treat! Need a pick me up this week already and it's only Tuesday haha.

On a positive note, this day 3 months time is the best day of the year!! :)

Tomorrow is Rudolph day so I've already decided it'll be a turkey & ham with stuffing sandwich for lunch... these posts were pefect timing to give me the idea:D

God, only 3 months to Christmas Eve, in some ways its seems really close, in others it still feels ages away. Shouldnt be wishing my life away but dying to get into the thick of the build up now.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Shouldnt be wishing my life away but dying to get into the thick of the build up now.

We're almost in the thick of it now, won't be much longer until it all properly kicks off :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Completely agree. The cold is actually quite nice when you're all wrapped up. Rain is never good on a commute!
    Definitely seemed darker this morning, not that the miserable wet weather helped that situation. We're getting real close to drawing the curtains when you get in from work & putting on the fire time.

We didn't open the curtains in the sitting room yesterday morning so when I opened them at 6.45 after work I commented that there was actually no point because it was so dark already.

Completely agree. The cold is actually quite nice when you're all wrapped up. Rain is never good on a commute!

I actually really like cold, crisp, clear days, love wrapping up & getting out for a walk or going for a run on days like that, dont think anyone likes the rain to be fair.

I actually really like cold, crisp, clear days, love wrapping up & getting out for a walk or going for a run on days like that, dont think anyone likes the rain to be fair.

Farmers love it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My mother is always on about how much she loves the rain.

I stand corrected on the rain comment so!
    I'll scale it back down to 'most' people I suspect dont like the rain... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I don't mind the rain so much. It's wind that I hate - gives me a desperate migraine :( I also really dislike snow (controversial in this forum I know! :o) - I like it fine when I don't have to go anywhere (Beast from the East style conditions) but I don't like it if I have to go driving in it.

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I don't mind the rain so much. It's wind that I hate - gives me a desperate migraine :( I also really dislike snow (controversial in this forum I know! :o) - I like it fine when I don't have to go anywhere (Beast from the East style conditions) but I don't like it if I have to go driving in it.

I feel the same about the snow. The last one was fine as was stuck at home and could enjoy it as didn't have to go anywhere. However the one before that, I fell at my front door and banged by head (might explain a few things!!) so a bit fearful of having to go out in it.

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I like it fine when I don't have to go anywhere (Beast from the East style conditions) but I don't like it if I have to go driving in it.

I think that's a reasonable comment :) as we rarely get snow our infrastructure isn't equipped for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I feel the same about the snow. The last one was fine as was stuck at home and could enjoy it as didn't have to go anywhere. However the one before that, I fell at my front door and banged by head (might explain a few things!!) so a bit fearful of having to go out in it.

Ditto, I crashed my car into a wall going to the creche with the kids so now if I see any fleck of snow, I stay away from the roads. My nerves can't handle it.

These are new this year!
    71331887_2409226636066610_6955238333693820928_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQkxGStGl6Id6jsRujLTmQ12qWF-mMC8T5iDp0fusXt_ILlTtnjRWIZPmUcfIjBZE1U&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=ff84bbfcfc7fa11752960e559300882a&oe=5DF8697F

How thick is the box?

New Home wrote: »
    How thick is the box?

Not very. Probably, about two biscuits per row!

• Advertisement

Not very. Probably, about two biscuits per row!

If even. The box is so thin and it feels like lots of packaging as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement