Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Oh I have to stop going into shops, was in heatons today and couldn't resist , loads of stuff in shops now and the range in Childers road Limerick was choca with Christmas stuff :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,769 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're into the seventies!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

THERE ARE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS UP IN DUBLIN CITY CENTRE.
    CHRISTMAS LIGHTS IN DUBLIN CITY.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Brown Thomas, Patrick Street, Cork - Christmas Lights are up - even I think that's too much too soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Well it might be for the Christmas checklist but I do believe I have a bit of the flu. It's been coming a few days.

I bought the OH a present from the little one over the weekend. Fancy mugs my OH likes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

leahyl wrote: »
    Brown Thomas, Patrick Street, Cork - Christmas Lights are up - even I think that's too much too soon!

Not at all embrace it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We had brussel sprouts yesterday - beautiful they were :D

I'm currently somewhere I normally only visit in December. It's so boring with out all the Christmas stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Thought I might check in... not too long until my Christmas officially starts (1st November)
    Happy 2019 everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭snowgal

I just found out my OH has already 2 xmas pressies bought for me!! Thats a shock to the system, Im the crazzzzy Christmas Gal :D

• Advertisement

71839763_2420761891579751_759702516920221696_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQm-ivFh9qR1jRSMfd0XkDfoi6MxEffFMneH6RAWNcSAa2RTkuS0JJDXEZq5YAwFY9M&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=6c07bb405ed4d840bd0499d0bd9d26d9&oe=5E3DF340

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Heroditas wrote: »
    Thought I might check in... not too long until my Christmas officially starts (1st November)
    Happy 2019 everyone :D

Happy 2019 to you and welcome back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Posy wrote: »
    THERE ARE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS UP IN DUBLIN CITY CENTRE.
    CHRISTMAS LIGHTS IN DUBLIN CITY.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

Wow !
    Dublin must be the first Capital in Europe to have done that this year !!!!
    Congrats and Enjoy !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

If only we knew were the power switch is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Lads - Hello!
    So excited I found a box of Christmas stuff I lost in the move a few years ago. Elvis Christmas Tree decorations - what’s not to love?!
    So looking forward to November and peak Christmas celebrations!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Eleysian wrote: »
    So looking forward to November and peak Christmas celebrations!!

Me me me me me me me!!!!!

I love when November rolls around. :D

When the 01 November drops its basically a new years like milestone, we don't have to be in the Christmas closet anymore.

Just looking at booking flight for christmas, janey mackers the prices are mad this year. Two adults and a kid on our lap/bassinet and its basically a kidney.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Cheers to whoever mentioned Costa's white hot chocolate with coconut milk!!
    Just got the word that we should get the keys for our new house within the next two weeks if everything goes well and all I can think about is to get our sitting room all ready for the Toy Show!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭snowgal

Jude13 wrote: »
    When the 01 November drops its basically a new years like milestone, we don't have to be in the Christmas closet anymore.

Just looking at booking flight for christmas, janey mackers the prices are mad this year. Two adults and a kid on our lap/bassinet and its basically a kidney.

Us too! we're looking at going away for new years but flights are mad expensive!

Yup, just dropped a kidney on flights today. Bah Humbug

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

It'll be worth it to be home for the first Christmas with mini Jude :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,449 ✭✭✭✭DvB

It'll be worth it!

As for Nov 1st, bring it on, its the day the adverts start on TV (legally) and we are officially no longer out of season... there'll be crimbo tunes, films, food & decorations everywhere... bliss!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Cheers all, cost be bloody thousands. At least the wee one isnt expecting anything big from the big man

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Gotta say Jude, seeing your post about having your flights booked is nearly a thing on Christmas list that is ticked off :D

Gotta say Jude, seeing your post about having your flights booked is nearly a thing on Christmas list that is ticked off :D

Yep it’s beginning to feel like Christmas :)

The August weekend was 69 days ago.
    Christmss week starts in 69 days time.(Approx)

I always love Christams week and buzz that is around.

My immaturity is struggling to contains its self freshpopcorn....lets just say I agree those numbers excite me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

The August weekend was 69 days ago.
    Christmss week starts in 69 days time.(Approx)

I always love Christams week and buzz that is around.

So your saying we are closer to Christmas then we are to last summer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Passed The Kildare Outlet last night. They are starting to put up the lights....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Shirlywhirl

Hi everyone, Just wanted to say hello as I have been lurking around a bit the last few weeks and will be lurking around a lot more in the coming weeks :) I love Christmas and especially the build up but the BF doesn't really get it so it will be great to be among like minded people ha!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement