Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Welcome!

No need to lurk, you can be out and proud here. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,449 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Hi everyone, Just wanted to say hello as I have been lurking around a bit the last few weeks and will be lurking around a lot more in the coming weeks :) I love Christmas and especially the build up but the BF doesn't really get it so it will be great to be among like minded people ha!

Welcome to the fun house! A snow covered, gingerbread smelling fun house!

Oh and dont just lurk, do get involved & feel free to post, I can assure you its the most welcoming forum on boards & thats a fact!:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Hi everyone, Just wanted to say hello as I have been lurking around a bit the last few weeks and will be lurking around a lot more in the coming weeks :) I love Christmas and especially the build up but the BF doesn't really get it so it will be great to be among like minded people ha!

Welcome, great to have you here :)

Ps. don't worry we wouldn't tell the BF :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Welcome to the best part of Boards - some really great people here 🎅🏻🤶

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Welcome Shirlywhirl !
    And don't be shy: we all love writing about Chrismas here !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,769 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I saw some spoilers for Coronation Street and they are very Christmassy looking!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boots has some Christmas gift sets and other stuff on their shelves.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oh, and I forgot - I went back to check the Haribo boxes in my local Dealz - 750g (or thereabouts), the varieties were "Fairyland" and "Bear Buddies". I forgot to check the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Welcome Shirly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shirlywhirl

TRS30 wrote: »
    Welcome, great to have you here :)

Ps. don't worry we wouldn't tell the BF :D

Thanks everyone! Very happy to be here :D Haha yes, I arrived home with my first Christmas decoration purchase this week so he's already worried :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pigtail33

M&S on Mary Street had some Christmas decorations out yesterday. I also spotted a few boxes of mince pies on the shelves. Definitely not the full range of either yet.
    With the 20% off code for M&S this wknd, I can see a Christmas decoration or two slipping into my online basket...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Welcome! Give it time and he'll come around to your way of thinking. :D
    pigtail33 wrote: »
    M&S on Mary Street had some Christmas decorations out yesterday. I also spotted a few boxes of mince pies on the shelves. Definitely not the full range of either yet.

I was in Penneys on Mary Street this morning and I couldn't get over how big the Christmas jumper section is already. Very exciting.

I got a Happy Thanksgiving email in work. (Canadian Thanksgiving!) They have the right idea over there really. We definitely need an excuse for a big meal (and a day off) over here at this time of year to help keep us going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I got a Happy Thanksgiving email in work. (Canadian Thanksgiving!) They have the right idea over there really. We definitely need an excuse for a big meal (and a day off) over here at this time of year to help keep us going.

Have Elf number 3 christening on the Sunday of the Bank Holiday so will get the big meal and a day off :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    Have Elf number 3 christening on the Sunday of the Bank Holiday so will get the big meal and a day off :D

It's my birthday this month so I get similar, but I'm greedy enough to want another! :D Hope you have a lovely day.

People have being telling me the M&S in Cork is very poorly stocked lately. Loads of ready meals/etc missing.
    Have any ye noticed this in other branches?

In three weeks time all Orange and Black stuff in the shops will be packed away and the bright sparkly stuff will all be on display!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

In three weeks time all Orange and Black stuff in the shops will be packed away and the bright sparkly stuff will all be on display!

Good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I don't want to overly excite everyone but I've just noticed that Christmas Starz is now on Sky Channel 369 and is currently playing Driving Home For Christmas by Chris Rea.
    Screw it, I'm starting earlier this year. I'm all in now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »

Submitted thanks for sharing the link. Hopefully one of our elves win this year :)

Guys how do I measure my stairs to see what length garland I need?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Buy extra garlands, just to be sure. There's no such thing as overdoing it :D

Not being smart but it depends on how much of the stairs you want to cover!

I measured the length of my bannister. It was a two man job tho haha.

My stairs is small, so one garland does me. I had lights on the garland last Christmas for the first time. Just ones from Penneys, but they were gorgeous and the batteries lasted a full month in them and never needed changing!

I've a slatted staircase, so I wrap the garland around the slats, and it doesn't need to be stuck on with anything. Can't wait to decorate now. :)

72100659_729429544151672_5495568941956726784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQnIz9gwJgy5EkNQ4sZ4iK33INWwZ-XL4wgFg5Dn9-PHWm4ntgeDB8NK1lvWupRn7gQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=bce8a01fa8b4cb0e4438c1235457798d&oe=5E187C67

Posy wrote: »
    My stairs is small, so one garland does me. I had lights on the garland last Christmas for the first time. Just ones from Penneys, but they were gorgeous and the batteries lasted a full month in them and never needed changing!

I've a slatted staircase, so I wrap the garland around the slats, and it doesn't need to be stuck on with anything. Can't wait to decorate now. :)

That’s what I want to do also, wrap it around and put lights in it

You could wrap a chunky scarf or something like that around it, to try and gauge the length.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement