Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

kitten_k wrote: »

Excellent. I'm in. I almost accidentally applied for regular Late Late tickets. No thank you! My sister told me she submitted a poem to explain why she wants to go. I think she (like most of us) hopes that her answers actually count for something! Didn't win the Euromillions so I think I'm due a win in a lottery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,769 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Can anybody see the foot ling eclair in the Christams food in the link I posted above.
    I'm a tad worried now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Can anybody see the foot ling eclair in the Christams food in the link I posted above.
    I'm a tad worried now.
    I don't see it mentioned, actually. I'll have to just buy several eclairs and stick them together! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I don't see it mentioned, actually. I'll have to just buy several eclairs and stick them together! :pac:

The human eclairepide?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭antimatterx

My mum had Christmas music playing on the TV yesterday morning. It was absolute bliss.

Although, I snap chatted my friends, and one got really angry at me, telling me it was too early. When I told him to chill, he said: "No, it's too fecking early".

Some people reck my head. I love Christmas, it's going to properly start in about 3 weeks, so everyone should just start to enjoy it now IMO.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

My mum had Christmas music playing on the TV yesterday morning. It was absolute bliss.

Although, I snap chatted my friends, and one got really angry at me, telling me it was too early. When I told him to chill, he said: "No, it's too fecking early".

Some people reck my head. I love Christmas, it's going to properly start in about 3 weeks, so everyone should just start to enjoy it now IMO.

We all agree everyone should enjoy it now :)

And welcome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Loughc wrote: »
    We all agree everyone should enjoy it now :)

And welcome :)

Thank you

https://gph.is/1bUV0F6

Dealz
    72266556_2502327949850124_6267566734769651712_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQmPtaFvC2Zhx6Iqx-xn3-CLzy98kcNkcKuRQSg4ZiK3O5nySRcr3nFWqsGMU0vJIJM&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=160592a5972c6af504fb8d9c6d64c60f&oe=5E28D1A7

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Hopped up into the attic today to grab some halloween stuff and.was immediately greeted by and surrounded by christmas decorations:D I actually cannot contain myself. I am ready for Christmas fm too :D

• Advertisement

Monday to Sunday will be the last full week of Summer time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Mrs H. came home with the Boots Christmas catalogue earlier. Starting to build up a collection of various catalogues already
    Kids are starting to shortlist their Santa requests too

ChewChew wrote: »
    Hopped up into the attic today to grab some halloween stuff and.was immediately greeted by and surrounded by christmas decorations:D I actually cannot contain myself. I am ready for Christmas fm too :D

YES!!! I need Christmas FM in my life!

I’d love to do a full day helping out in the ChristmasFM studio. I say it’s great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,449 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Up in the blanchardstown SC yesterday & popped in to Penneys to pick up some socks, couldnt believe the amount of christmas clothing already available. Some great santa slippers too that my son insisted I buy (I didnt) but did get some more christmas socks for the collection. Be rude not to.

One thing I dont get is that all the christmas themed shirts are short sleeved, surely it makes more sense for at least some of them to be long sleeved given its the winter!?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

YES!!! I need Christmas FM in my life!

I’d love to do a full day helping out in the ChristmasFM studio. I say it’s great craic.

Maybe get on to Christmas FM and use the power of Boards to make it happen.

Could maybe be an auction or something to raise money for their charity!?

kitten_k wrote: »

Thanks for sharing. Fingers crossed.

Will answering that you want to go on the show for the free toys hurt your chances?!?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

TRS30 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing. Fingers crossed.

Will answering that you want to go on the show for the free toys hurt your chances?!?! :D

I was just honest , said I want loads of free stuff LOL

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Love it!
    His little bandaged foot :D

I see on FB that Christmas FM are thinking of coming on air for a few days around Halloween... couldn't resist adding a comment that the forum here could potentially lose its collective mind if that occurred :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    I see on FB that Christmas FM are thinking of coming on air for a few days around Halloween... couldn't resist adding a comment that the forum here could potentially lose its collective mind if that occurred :D

Although it’ll be playing Halloween songs and not Christmas songs :(

Although it’ll be playing Halloween songs and not Christmas songs :(

Monster mash, thriller & whats that coming over the hill, is it a monster on repeat;) cant wait!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Great news, the more money collected the better, I'll happily drive along in the car listening to the Adams family theme

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

One thing I dont get is that all the christmas themed shirts are short sleeved, surely it makes more sense for at least some of them to be long sleeved given its the winter!?
    Maybe they expect you to have a roaring fire going? I sometimes get too hot wearing a Christmas jumper at my parents' house as they have a wood burning stove.
    I got a Happy Thanksgiving email in work. (Canadian Thanksgiving!) They have the right idea over there really. We definitely need an excuse for a big meal (and a day off) over here at this time of year to help keep us going.
    I moved to Canada earlier this year so I've just done my first Thanksgiving! I cooked my first turkey dinner, I didn't get the timing quite right in terms of when everything was ready but overall I think it went quite well.

I think Canadian Thanksgiving is at a better time of year than the American one, which is way too close to Christmas. We had some Thanksgiving decorations up, which I will switch to Halloween decorations this week, and then I'll put the Christmas decorations up as early in November as my fiancé will let me away with :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Was just saying this to my son yesterday how Thanksgiving in America is too close to Christmas, they seem to make a bigger deal of the Thanksgiving dinner than Christmas dinner.

Monster mash, thriller & whats that coming over the hill, is it a monster on repeat;) cant wait!:P

I forget how many good Halloween themed songs there is. Will definitely give it a listen. Is still stored as one of the saved stations in the car :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My sister picked us all up the Christmas Pyjamas in Dunnes Stores yesterday. So we'll have 4 ****ing eejits in the house on Christmas Eve in our matching pyjamas. Can't wait to get them on! :D

I loved the look of the reindeer onesies they have but I can't wear onesies, way too constrictive for me. So we got the 2 piece bear cub ones.

TRS30 wrote: »
    I forget how many good Halloween themed songs there is. Will definitely give it a listen. Is still stored as one of the saved stations in the car :)

Same here. Check it every now & again too, I know full well it'll be silence I get in response but there's a tiny part of me going 'just maybe' :D

10 weeks to christmas eve today, not long before we start hearing christmas tunes in earnest now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Not really into Halloween but Halloween music is definitely very listenable. Love the Monster Mash and the Addams Family theme tune!

I follow a guy called theshayspence on Instagram. He's the food editor with People and over the last couple of weeks he's started receiving new Christmas products. The latest is Christmas-themed Jelly Belly jellybeans. The flavours are egg nog, candy cane, pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce and hot chocolate. He also tweeted this so he's definitely one of us!

https://twitter.com/chezspence/status/1183845517022912512

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Currently listening to Movies and Musicals on Lyric from 22nd December 2018 :D Home Alone theme music on at the moment!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement