Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

:confused:This probably sounds awful of me but pity it ain't a green post box! Still very pretty would be tempted to check my local Tesco and get some for new house but I'd try to resist and wait until next year when we'll probably do our own dinner for the first time!
    Was in Tesco last day and nearly bought those matching PJs only there was no father ones. Starting to wonder if I should bother with that this year even cuz it seems a waste buying new ones that we only wear one night every year esp for kids?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

attachment.php?attachmentid=493557&d=1571776955

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

^^^Ditto

Coming in to work and having over two pages on this thread to read shows that things are really ramping up. My family arrive late tonight so I have an airport run, perfect time for my power steering to give up the ghost. Anyway I am looking forward to the stats on the boards post this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    You’re not Alone. Just out of Tesco and I snapped this on the way out.

nE3hpgo.jpg

That up in Clarehall?

I ask as I know the mrs would love a few of the bits in that pic.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shirlywhirl

Typical that Cadbury’s is releasing a Bournville Easter egg (my childhood dream egg) when I’ve gone right off Cadbury’s and don’t buy Easter eggs any more. 25 years too late, Cadbury’s.

You should try the new 30% less sugar Cadbury bar thats just come out..it tastes nearly the same as the chocolate from 20 years ago! Just needs another 10-20% less to be perfect :pac:

October has just flown in! Roll on Friday week when all the Halloween bits are gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Finally got round to putting the Halloween decorations up last night. Saw the Christmas ones in the attic when getting them out. We have two boxes of Halloween decorations and I counted 10 Christmas ones :D That doesn't included the stuff in the shed and of course the two trees we are going to get this year :)

TRS30 wrote: »
    Finally got round to putting the Halloween decorations up last night. Saw the Christmas ones in the attic when getting them out. We have two boxes of Halloween decorations and I counted 10 Christmas ones :D That doesn't included the stuff in the shed and of course the two trees we are going to get this year :)

As we're hitting the crest of the works being done in the house we're constantly having to move stuff around, our attic (which is converted) is basically a big store room for most of our stuff, new & old, at the moment & whilst digging through one of the little stores to the side when looking to clear out when we had a skip, noticed all our christmas decorations neatly stored to one side & was surprised at how much we've managed to put together over the years... am really looking forward to getting them out & up this year as it'll mean all the work will be finished in the house :)

No halloween decorations this year unfortunatley as the house is like a war zone...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Doing the Halloween decorations tomorrow night. It's a milestone on the way to Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Was in Tesco last day and nearly bought those matching PJs only there was no father ones. Starting to wonder if I should bother with that this year even cuz it seems a waste buying new ones that we only wear one night every year esp for kids?

I wear my Christmas PJs all year round & so do the kids. Eldest went to bed last night in a mixmatched pair of Frozen bottoms & a Christmas top - delighted with herself :D

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I wear my Christmas PJs all year round & so do the kids. Eldest went to bed last night in a mixmatched pair of Frozen bottoms & a Christmas top - delighted with herself :D

Paw patrol Christmas pjs get worn at least once a week in our house and that's just by me! :D

ps. only joking............because I couldn't find ones in my size :(

• Advertisement

Our two wear their christmas PJ's randomly throughout the year. They just get added into circulation & get used like the other ones.

Paw patrol Christmas pjs get worn at least once a week in our house and that's just by me! :D

ps. only joking............because I couldn't find ones in my size :(

I have Mummy Pig Christmas PJs - my kids think I'm so cool :P

I have Mummy Pig Christmas PJs - my kids think I'm so cool :P

Pity they wouldn't always think like that. I breakout in a cold sweat thinking about the teenage years :eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    That up in Clarehall?

I ask as I know the mrs would love a few of the bits in that pic.

It is indeed clarehall :)

I used to work across the road from Clarehall! Always hated that Tesco for some reason - always seemed to get lost in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Best place to buy artificial tree? (Cheapest online shop) tks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I pulled my Halloween stuff out of the box last night.....but it was too late to do the windows. However, I got my candles on the mantlepiece and a couple of strings of pumpkin lights up over the fireplace - not quiet Christmassy, but defo going in the right direction.

One of my neighbours has loads of different coloured lights up and it looks fab - doing my window this evening, so I will be able to spread the cheer too :)

Hope Tesco in Limerick have all that stuff - looks amazing!!

I used to work across the road from Clarehall! Always hated that Tesco for some reason - always seemed to get lost in it

Guess we all live quite close to one another!

vicwatson wrote: »
    Best place to buy artificial tree? (Cheapest online shop) tks

Homestore and more do great trees, might not be the cheapest thought! I have the Nebraska & I love love love it! Very full looking. I think they do home delivery but I could be wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,766 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've done my last big tidy up before the big one I'd do before painting for Christmas and then Christmas decorations!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You hate it even more now since they changed the layout of it!!

Pub? :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm in the same neck of the woods myself. :)

Do you ever have Christmas Forum beers. But like a Christmas party, with Christmas jumpers and decorations and music. And it's in June to break up the year and scratch that Christmas itch?

Do you ever have Christmas Forum beers. But like a Christmas party, with Christmas jumpers and decorations and music. And it's in June to break up the year and scratch that Christmas itch?

I had that EXACT same idea a few years ago. Nov/Dec is always too busy June is ideal for a forum beers.

Posy wrote: »

Pub? :pac:

I had that EXACT same idea a few years ago. Nov/Dec is always too busy June is ideal for a forum beers.

Do it!!!

Posy wrote: »

Have a fairly strong connection to the D13 area myself too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,766 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

2 days until clocks go back.
    7 days until Halloween.
    8 days until November and Christmas ads.
    36 days until Black Friday and The Late Late Toy Show.
    38 days until 1st December.
    61 days until Christmas Eve.
    62 days until Christmas Day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement