Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Loughc wrote: »
    I had that EXACT same idea a few years ago. Nov/Dec is always too busy June is ideal for a forum beers.

We would have to wear Christmas t-shirts/jumpers in June but hidden under a coat, you would have to flash people your Christmas jumper to see if they were forumers. a la 4 mins in to this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBQB7-VEQQI

There was a half way to Christmas party in an Irish pub here, it was messy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Competition here to win a Christmas tree. Possibly just in Cork though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B34vgZdJZxL/?igshid=1ih4htf5nn21y

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I had that EXACT same idea a few years ago. Nov/Dec is always too busy June is ideal for a forum beers.

Eggnog and Christmas jumpers next June it is then. I like where this is heading :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

You hate it even more now since they changed the layout of it!!

Don't work there anymore so I'm never in that neck of the woods these days! I WFH most days now so stick to the wee county ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

God help me working in retail over Christmas....

• Advertisement

My back pain is flared up big time today so I'm at home with a hot water bottle at my back. On the sofa with one of my dogs and one of my cats curled up beside me, watching The Christmas Prince and thinking a mug of hot chocolate would go down nicely now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Aman_da

Talking about Xmas, can someone give me gift ideas, I'm always so bad in it. Thanx in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,765 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Aman_da wrote: »
    Talking about Xmas, can someone give me gift ideas, I'm always so bad in it. Thanx in advance!

What is your budget and who do you have to buy for?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Have a browse of the Christmas Gift Ideas forum, might inspire you. :)

Posy wrote: »
    Have a browse of the Christmas Gift Ideas forum, might inspire you. :)

This year I even feel a little lost of what to get people but it normally all falls into place in November!

• Advertisement

Aldi Wine Advent calendar on sale Sunday 3rd €69.99!
    73325812_1028223587508984_2820216491675222016_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQlV2zPj4MYjI1bj70uDIdHU-bXAI5Jzf-0OX0tcuTNK_nRTBGPdoMX8Gr_XRG4NJeI&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=82c09a70b9f553464a72390f819090ac&oe=5E2AFE6E

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Aldi Wine Advent calendar on sale Sunday 3rd €69.99!
    73325812_1028223587508984_2820216491675222016_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQlV2zPj4MYjI1bj70uDIdHU-bXAI5Jzf-0OX0tcuTNK_nRTBGPdoMX8Gr_XRG4NJeI&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=82c09a70b9f553464a72390f819090ac&oe=5E2AFE6E

My kind of advent calendar!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

In Dunnes tonight.

RiRWTJK.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh wow!

Love how Dunnes have upped their game since they went all fancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The post boxes are beautiful. .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    The post boxes are beautiful. .

That’s the exact thing I was eyeballing too.

Colibri wrote: »
    God help me working in retail over Christmas....

I think everyone gives you sympathy on that. Hopefully you get some bit of a break over the holidays to take it all in.

That’s the exact thing I was eyeballing too.

Am afraid to ask, did you look at the price ?
    Shall I prepare to faint ?:D

I didn’t get a chance to look at the price. It was a flying visit. I will do next time I’m in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

They're €50 :)

https://www.dunnesstores.com/p/extra-large-post-box/7137236

jellybear wrote: »

Thank you !
    Think I'll try making one for next year instead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

In Dunnes tonight.

RiRWTJK.jpg

Love that train. Can see that on my mantle piece.

This day 2 months. #justsayin

So what will everyone be doing at this time in two months? I reckon I’ll have been awake for a couple of hours and will be just about to wake my poor husband up. No lie in for him. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

With us hosting this year I'd say we'll have been up a couple of hours, had brekkie, be cleaning up after it and getting dressed or suchlike before the real work begins on dinner! Might be putting the turkey in the over soon too...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Eeeekkkk so exciting! I'd say we'll be up early enough - our eldest is properly big enough to appreciate Santy this year so I'd say excitement will have her up early enough! Think we'll aim for mass on Christmas Eve again this year - even though it stressed me out to the eyeballs last year as the church was packed & no. 2 decided to impersonate the devil :P - but it does leave Christmas morning nice and relaxed not having to go anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭snowgal

:D:D:D

exciting!! I d say Ill be just up now. We dont have kids here so no mad early waking for us! Downstairs, christmas music on the go, christmas coffee on the go and getting ready to head to my sisters for drinks and breacks! ( thats breakfast and snacks btw)

I think by now I’ll have moved onto a delicious breakfast of mimosas and chocolate coins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'll probably be freezing my butt off at the seaside - OH wants to do a Christmas morning swim at the Forty Foot. To clarify, i will be standing by with a towel and a hot drink, I won't be getting in :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement