Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Searched for Christmas on the Homestore and More website and apparently the Christmas department is launching tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,765 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Christmas Coca-cola!
    73546692_2441615556161051_5858655109109514240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&cachebreaker=sd&_nc_oc=AQnfxdGZEQfkv3wLmMzb30j0Mn0V_H7MnXunIibzuJ6G4mMhrDtxV0n04l1jtdvW2G0&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=2c24881063985f3c0bc5adc5dc0b932e&oe=5E1B05C5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,891 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Made my Christmas cake today :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Searched for Christmas on the Homestore and More website and apparently the Christmas department is launching tomorrow.
    They were stocking the shelves on Saturday, in my local one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Started downloading my Christmas Movie Advent Calendar tonight. My husband thinks I'm nuts. I'm so determined to do this though.

• Advertisement

At last I know the book I'm going to give my mother for Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Made my Christmas cake today :D

Puddings were finished today - the smell is Christmas all by itself.

Cake is planned for later this week.

Mrs. S is planning to make mincemeat next week. If she does, half of it won't see December.

Puddings were finished today - the smell is Christmas all by itself.

Cake is planned for later this week.

Mrs. S is planning to make mincemeat next week. If she does, half of it won't see December.

Yes, that absolutely wonderful smell - pure Christmas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Christmas Cakes are in the oven! Christmas puds planned for later this week - I've ordered ceramic bowls this year to see if they make a difference. Plus they were pretty & my plastic bowls are knackered!

We had mince pies yesterday too. Must try to make some next week with my homemade mincemeat!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Was off line for a few days and feel like I missed lots! Been catching up for the last 45 mins or so.

Really feels like we are into the season now with only Halloween keeping things in check and the flood games will open come Friday!!

Was in Homestore and More yesterday and full of Christmas decorations, way way more then Halloween stuff. Was also in Lidl and more and more Christmas stuff appearing every time I am there. Bought a few Christmas decorations for the cake and jar of mince meat. Had to open it when we got home and have a good smell :D was heaven.

Lot of traffic in here as well, new posters as well which is great and all adds to the feeling we in full swing already. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Woodies in Lucan is quite funny at the moment. They still have quite a few Halloween decorations on sale but they're gradually being overtaken by all the Christmas stuff. Looks funny seeing motion-activated ghosts and witches surrounded by Christmas train sets and baubles. :D

Roll on Thursday and the transformation will be complete!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

Homestore and more christmas range is finally online, good bit of new stuff too.
    Normally goes half price mid way through november

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Spent the evening wrapping my presents. This is this years style.

attachment.php?attachmentid=494012&d=1572388488

Does anyone in Dublin have one of the Christmas doors bows? If so where did you get it?

kitten_k wrote: »
    Does anyone in Dublin have one of the Christmas doors bows? If so where did you get it?

I have a fair idea what your looking for but I don't think it's this.

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/light-up-decorations/red-door-bow-wreath-with-25-warm-white-led/079193.html

Looking for something like this

attachment.php?attachmentid=494016&d=1572390196

That's what I thought!

I think I have seen them on Facebook last year.

https://m.facebook.com/doorbowscork/

Yea seen a few on FB but can’t see any in Dublin. May just have to order online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Yea seen a few on FB but can’t see any in Dublin. May just have to order online

I got mine on ebay last year :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Go to Guineys with the measurements of your door, show them what you want to do and buy the fabric. If you can tie a bow, you can easily do ↑ that. :)

• Advertisement

I am so looking forward to getting into November. I generally buy most of my present during it.
    Also we have to paint the Living room/Kitchen, Hall and Bathroom.
    And also start Christmas baking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Had family visit for the past week and just left this morning, many tears. We won't get to see them till Christmas, however at least we are home this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Two more days and will be fully into Christmas season, there'll be nothing to get in way....2 days people!!!!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Work has started on Blanchardstown on Ice and a guy in Dealz was removing Halloween stock and replacing it with Christmas stock this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Really can't believe we are heading into this time of year again. I need to make my list for what I need for the christmas cake :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

FAO Schwarz was opening in Arnotts this morning apparently - not specifically Christmassy but I'm sure they will have lots of Christmas gifts for sale :)

Opening 'ceremony' here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Had my first hot chocolate of the season, a below average starbucks one. I needed it as a pick me up. Its 43 days until my flight home for Christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Was down in Clonakilty in Cork over the weekend and one of the bars we popped into had started putting their christmas decorations up... they were putting up Halloween ones as well mind...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Only me at home for dinner today so I had a really tough time deciding what to have. Finally decided on a mini plum pudding topped with custard. Yum :D

• Advertisement

Was in town today getting a few more presents so had to drop into the new FAO Schwartz toy shop in Arrnotts. Was good but not as good as I expected.

Sitting at home now watching Christmas Prince 2 - all that’s missing is my Christmas tree :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement