Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,765 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Black Friday is coming.
    I was planning on buying a pair of runners and they're after going up in price so they can bring them down again.(I think).

VERY IMPORTANT Christmas related SCIENTIFIC experiment took place here tonight.

My partner and I have been together almost two decades. I thought it would be a real eye opener to break out a box of Heroes and give each of us one of every sweet. There's 9 varieties. We then laid out our sweets from least favourite to favourite. It was very interesting to see how similar (or not) our tastes are after all this time together.

Unfortunately despite having eaten all these chocolates probably hundreds of times before, we suddenly couldn't quite seem to remember what everything tasted like.. so IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE.. we had to eat all the different types.

Obviously we're stuffed from all that chocolate but it just had to be done for this totally legit experiment.

Results (least fave to fave):

Me- Eclair, fudge, creme egg, twirl, crunchie bits, dairymilk, wispa, dinky decker, dairymilk caramel.

Him- Eclair, fudge, twirl, dinky decker, wispa, dairymilk, crunchy bits, dairymilk caramel, creme egg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

The eclairs are the best!!!:D

jellybear wrote: »

Come visit us and you can have them all! :D

Happy Halloween!
    6c280a62f912900f0393839754b8c23b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Happy Halloween! The only scary thing around here this morning was me murdering Mariah’s All I Want For Christmas Is You in the shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,834 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Christmas lights up but not on yet on a few streets in dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

VERY IMPORTANT Christmas related SCIENTIFIC experiment took place here tonight.

My partner and I have been together almost two decades. I thought it would be a real eye opener to break out a box of Heroes and give each of us one of every sweet. There's 9 varieties. We then laid out our sweets from least favourite to favourite. It was very interesting to see how similar (or not) our tastes are after all this time together.

Unfortunately despite having eaten all these chocolates probably hundreds of times before, we suddenly couldn't quite seem to remember what everything tasted like.. so IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE.. we had to eat all the different types.

Obviously we're stuffed from all that chocolate but it just had to be done for this totally legit experiment.

Me- Eclair, fudge, creme egg, twirl, crunchie bits, dairymilk, wispa, dinky decker, dairymilk caramel.

Him- Eclair, fudge, twirl, dinky decker, wispa, dairymilk, crunchy bits, dairymilk caramel, creme egg.

You and your partner dedication to science is commendable :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

jellybear wrote: »

I concur - eclairs are the best! Creme eggs are rotten!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

We need a poll

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    We need a poll

I agree.

I told him the Christmas Forum would be very interested in this important experiment. He rolled his eyes at me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I agree.

I told him the Christmas Forum would be very interested in this important experiment. He rolled his eyes at me!

Tell him that as a punishment for rolling his eyes at you , he gets to eat only the Eclairs in future :p

75439395_1435379066626879_7605016647346159616_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQnedOUy8rFknj1YGoAxMdHGMl0wr0HoZSFdwAWpXr3tTDldrpL2vnuEPUd-LRyxnYM&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=3051be4e566e46127acd311af92940c8&oe=5E177BB0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Seven hours, twenty minutes to go! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    We need a poll

On it!! :)

I’m actually dying to see what comes out on top.

Just one poll?
    Feck that, we need polls for the following brands/types:
    1. Christmas sweets
    2. Christmas biscuits
    3. Gin
    4. Mince pies
    5. Crackers - although they seem to be about as unpopular as Jimmy Saville's Christmas Special recently

Edit: biscuits fall into two types:
    1. After dinner biscuits like Kimberly, Mikado
    2. Afternoon tea, USA etc ... aka grazing in front of TV biscuits

Box's of Crisps have arrived!(20 packets last year 18 this year)
    74522021_2444666082522665_1287668960988233728_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQnZp14Pb1-jvHeReQZko_Wig4Wf9LCXrqrn9h_GdFdHr4auOYtYJOUpJ11_EJ6YqpU&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=cdc384a1f8a02384708afe34a4345eff&oe=5E4B1183
    72653551_2444666242522649_8073151735964631040_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQkPfckgsCyX8qE0zOco9Tp5x1YvOjp6DYbDkSmjQLkOyn3yLtpY0L0FcxZuLD-bK24&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=328e3a1d7fa837dea9c3fe154bea1f1b&oe=5E5604A5
    74366034_2444666555855951_7444164311020208128_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQmOR7yymwTkXibJqijJLJbSRwStOJLUrUfUOZ-OfFTN9a7TXTjvWoVjTBDdRDjfnzY&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=43b8298d67c27fdfb71dd282ba279831&oe=5E5457EE

6. Christmas boxes of crisps

05238573b9523bbf4c7f3063366ab85d2dfe47-v5-wm.jpg?v=3

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Is 'I'm not really a fan of Heroes' an option? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

My husband played me Christmas music just after midnight. Fast asleep in the bed now snoring. This may be controversial but Stollen and Lebkuchen for me. Although a Taylor sandwich would be delicious right now with a cup of tea. No Tayto in the house...

Happy Christmas! It's unbelievable how everyone has switched to Christmas mode this morning. I've heard lots of Christmas shopping ads on the radio already and the Irish Times food magazine has an ad in it wishing everyone a happy Christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Happy Christmas! It's unbelievable how everyone has switched to Christmas mode this morning. I've heard lots of Christmas shopping ads on the radio already and the Irish Times food magazine has an ad in it wishing everyone a happy Christmas!

And the whole Christmas section of Boards is very busy. I've my cake in the oven. Everywhere smells delicious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Thats gas, I literally turned on FM104 just now & Jim Jim just argued that its not Christmas until Dec.1st & that its not christmas yet... :mad:
    I choose to disagree!!:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

DvB wrote: »
    Thats gas, I literally turned on FM104 just now & Jim Jim just argued that its not Christmas until Dec.1st & that its not christmas yet... :mad:
    I choose to disagree!!:D

You didn't hear a text read out from someone looking for them to play the first Christmas song did you? If so, that was me :D

leahyl wrote: »
    You didn't hear a text read out from someone looking for them to play the first Christmas song did you? If so, that was me :D

Love it. :D

leahyl wrote: »

No unfortunately, but fair play for making the effort!!

I normally refrain from the christmas music until December but have a real yearning for christmas tunes this year, can see my playlists getting a fair amount of use this year already.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I'm going to pop Christmas FM on for half an hour later. Then it will be back to whatever grusesome true crime podcast I have lined up. Life is all about balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

DvB wrote: »
    No unfortunately, but fair play for making the effort!!

I normally refrain from the christmas music until December but have a real yearning for christmas tunes this year, can see my playlists getting a fair amount of use this year already.

I only did it to wind up PJ, I knew they wouldn't actually play it :D

• Advertisement

I think another music channel changes over today as well. So we should have 2 christmas TV music channels now, must check later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement