Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Loughc wrote: »
    zYdYqaz.jpg

Love the idea of these. Especially with a artificial tree :)

We have used these for years. They keep their smell so don't worry about over buying, and they are also mild in a way as they don't smell fake. I'm not mad about strong scents, I love some yankee candles, however wearing aftershave can give me a massive headache.

Feeling incredibly Christmassy today. I spent yesterday morning doing a list of movies/tv shows we need to watch before we fly home. Had to cull some as there were so many. It's a long list so don't want to clog up the board.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Love the idea of these. Especially with a artificial tree :)
    If these are any good I might buy a few when I'm home to use next year! I love the Christmas tree smell

I have now been included in the OH family's secret santa for fudge sake. I have drawn her little brother in the lottery. He is final year in secondary, bearing in mind I live on another continent I don't know the chap well. He seems to like spending every waking hour playing video games. the budget is 150 euro. I was tempted to get him 150 euro worth of dutch gold.

I just checked, that's 16 of the 8 cans for 9 euro tesco deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Scarinae wrote: »
    If these are any good I might buy a few when I'm home to use next year! I love the Christmas tree smell

Have you tried scattering pine oil around?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Jude13 wrote: »
    I have now been included in the OH family's secret santa for fudge sake. I have drawn her little brother in the lottery. He is final year in secondary, bearing in mind I live on another continent I don't know the chap well. He seems to like spending every waking hour playing video games. the budget is 150 euro. I was tempted to get him 150 euro worth of dutch gold.

I just checked, that's 16 of the 8 cans for 9 euro tesco deal.

Maybe go for 15 and a bucket :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

A quick stat update for October, we ended the month 138 posts ahead of last year and 421 posts ahead of 2017.

We are 733 posts ahead for the year upto the end of October. We also grew the number of posts month on month and broke the 1,000 post mark for the second month running.

November last year was a whopper month for us so not sure if we can break that but you never know. Loads of activity lately love reading all of yer posts so relaxing. :)

Also this day 7 weeks.... eeek...

A quick stat update for October, we ended the month 138 posts ahead of last year and 421 posts ahead of 2017.

We are 733 posts ahead for the year upto the end of October. We also grew the number of posts month on month and broke the 1,000 post mark for the second month running.

November last year was a whopper month for us so not sure if we can break that but you never know. Loads of activity lately love reading all of yer posts so relaxing. :)

Also this day 7 weeks.... eeek...

Love the stat attacks. Here's to a strong November and beating 2018 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

November last year was a whopper month for us so not sure if we can break that but you never know.

That sounds suspiciously like a challenge ;)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    That sounds suspiciously like a challenge ;)

Have to get my posting pants on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nickynoo

Drove past a house in Carlow last night and seen these houses with their Christmas lights up. I screamed with delight. Kildavin.jpg

• Advertisement

^^Even by my standards tis a little bit early though you never know the circumstances. When my youngest was born we spent the first 3 months in hospital, one day I was in the parents tea room two parents were decorating a little tree, had a stack of pressies, Christmas hats on etc. It was mid June but their poor child would not see Christmas and hadn't long to go. Breaks my heart to this day.

Jude13 wrote: »
    ^^Even by my standards tis a little bit early though you never know the circumstances. When my youngest was born we spent the first 3 months in hospital, one day I was in the parents tea room two parents were decorating a little tree, had a stack of pressies, Christmas hats on etc. It was mid June but their poor child would not see Christmas and hadn't long to go. Breaks my heart to this day.

Saw something similar up in Temple Street about 6 years ago, my daughter was in as she was having heart issues (since rectified thankfully) & a little boy of about 5 or 6 was having a christmas in August, when the nurse told us he only had about 3 or 4 weeks left I have no shame in admitting I shed a few tears.

Heartbreaking.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Ordered a load of Christmas themed books from Amazon yesterday, for some of our grandchildren. We won't find it until it's time to sit them on our knees, read a few books, and start building the excitement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It's a nope from me. (To the turducken Pringles, not to the wine!)

https://twitter.com/chezspence/status/1192116451827683328

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

A Pub not too far from me have a Facebook video of them decorating the pub, the pub is worth a visit in the run up to the festivities (The Hole in The Wall) check them out

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

SarahLil wrote: »
    A Pub not too far from me have a Facebook video of them decorating the pub, the pub is worth a visit in the run up to the festivities (The Hole in The Wall) check them out

Oh it's a great spot to go for some Christmas ambience when it's all decorated!

miamee wrote: »

Love there and The Half Way House pub decorations

Booked my nail appointments for the rest of the year :pac:

SarahLil wrote: »

Great boozer.

nickynoo wrote: »
    Drove past a house in Carlow last night and seen these houses with their Christmas lights up. I screamed with delight. Kildavin.jpg

That reminds me of one year when I lived out in the wilderness in Kerry and down narrow lanes. I used to be out in December when it was still dark to get to various Craft Fairs.

One such morning, as I drove down the lane, my heart was in my mouth as I could see what surely was a massive accident ahead, Slowed to a crawl as I got nearer all the blue lights.. YEP! A neighbour had the whole front and roof of his house aglow with flashing blue lights.. Sweet relief...

• Advertisement

miamee wrote: »

Loved Garden Centres when they had all the trees lit up etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,765 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Christmas posting dates and Stamps!
    75419105_2450456465276960_7120920820305625088_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQm69WD9wBuQ5adewXRH9-uR6K_Kw7BNR8X0Cxu0SrnX3oT-vizXE9ziZKOo6ZRcjTU&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=90ecf9e2893a9cd75bb630005b6ae6b3&oe=5E5115FA
    Christmas Sandwiches at Aldi!
    73472802_2450456565276950_7295819860058046464_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQmvRiTpcn9Xea5tdsRHGosDeiqM51L2Otb5sPjZo1Trq-dlD7sSBdZWEHYgVnYNcSA&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=b98256aef60c444a76c1ede7bbb5e7ea&oe=5E4517EE

Christmas posting dates and Stamps!
    75419105_2450456465276960_7120920820305625088_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQm69WD9wBuQ5adewXRH9-uR6K_Kw7BNR8X0Cxu0SrnX3oT-vizXE9ziZKOo6ZRcjTU&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=90ecf9e2893a9cd75bb630005b6ae6b3&oe=5E5115FA
    Christmas Sandwiches at Aldi!
    73472802_2450456565276950_7295819860058046464_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQmvRiTpcn9Xea5tdsRHGosDeiqM51L2Otb5sPjZo1Trq-dlD7sSBdZWEHYgVnYNcSA&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=b98256aef60c444a76c1ede7bbb5e7ea&oe=5E4517EE

Far, far too tantalising for this stranded islander! Ah well! mea culpa.... LOVED aldi sandwiches... enjoy!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Love the stat attacks. Here's to a strong November and beating 2018 :)

Well so far for November in the last 6 days we've had more posts than the entire month of April. :o

Well so far for November in the last 6 days we've had more posts than the entire month of April. :o

How's our run rate compared to 2018 boss (can you see a daily breakdown?)?

How's our run rate compared to 2018 boss (can you see a daily breakdown?)?

Yeah I can get a daily breakdown but it's less accurate as naturally Monday/Tuesdays yield more posts than a Saturday/Sunday would so comparing daily date ranges year on year isn't fair, monthly is much more accurate.

Yeah I can get a daily breakdown but it's less accurate as naturally Monday/Tuesdays yield more posts than a Saturday/Sunday would so comparing daily date ranges year on year isn't fair, monthly is much more accurate.

Makes sense. Just wondering if I'll have to pull an all nighter if we are close to beating 2018 in the last couple of days :D

Makes sense. Just wondering if I'll have to pull an all nighter if we are close to beating 2018 in the last couple of days :D

HAHAHA, ah we'll see :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ohh no. Just had a look at the Ikea Christmas decorations on their website. We're making a trip on Saturday and I've a feeling it'll be more expensive than my husband is expecting!

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Ohh no. Just had a look at the Ikea Christmas decorations on their website. We're making a trip on Saturday and I've a feeling it'll be more expensive than my husband is expecting!

I find it impossible to spend less in IKEA then anticipated!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement