Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,764 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

75220840_10157008199846387_4580795033086590976_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQk_GWwYRRl8TWV4GCeT97EbHP24KIRpP2_HMlkM3_lIu0nChGJKwLP-O-cFwIoZlog&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=6b6bc5834996857ad337babed78d1de2&oe=5E433FEE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

^^^Lovely to see Freshpopcorn!
    As I was finishing up work to come home I listened to Christmas music. I have decided this is going to be my treat at the end of each working day. I love the excitement that is building.

I love Christmas Eve. You still have Christmas Day to come. The few days before Christmas can be mad so I love closing the door on Christmas Eve, snug in our house and pjs, glass of something nice and feeling the Christmas love....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

🎅🤶

This day six weeks is Christmas Eve.

Time to start putting a fiver a week away. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

So excited that the lights are on in Dublin. Nothing up here yet but when they do so I will post pics.

I downloaded a Christmasy Podcast episode, Millon Dollar Movies, where they critique once of the classics Christmas movies, Die Hard. I am only half way through it but its very good.

The forum seems to really alive now, its great to see. 29 days until I fly out.

What are the must have gifts for kids this year? I remember a few years ago pals asking me to pick up specific frozen dolls are they couldn't get them in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Last night I wore a Christmas jumper in actual public. (In two pubs, so not covered by my coat!) I hope you’re all proud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Jude13 wrote: »
    Christmas eve for me for sure. It's just more relaxed. Having Christmas eve and day with the in laws in limerick for the first time properly this year. A few years back I was crazy busy at work, a few all nighters, loads of flights etc. so that I would make it home for Christmas only to be laid up from the moment I landed down to Limerick, proper laid up. I couldnt get out of bed from 23rd till the 26th. Not the best first impression with the inlaws. So this year I need to make up for it.

No idea what their traditions are for Christmas eve but Im excited.

Christmas Eve for me as well. Christmas Day is all about the kids nowadays. I love the calm before the storm. Or rather, the calm after the bedpan of the preceding weeks to be then followed by the mayhem of the day itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Last night I wore a Christmas jumper in actual public. (In two pubs, so not covered by my coat!) I hope you’re all proud.

Drinking on a Tuesday night and two pubs no less, you're just rubbing it in now :D

^^Was it a subtle one or a mad Christmas one?

I would say subtle but there was a pretty obvious Santa on it.

I would say subtle but there was a pretty obvious Santa on it.

Any comments?? You're a brave person (wearing this early), due to the amount of Scrooges out there!!

• Advertisement

One person said she liked it. Nothing otherwise.

One person said she liked it. Nothing otherwise.

Result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Heroditas wrote: »
    Christmas Eve for me as well. Christmas Day is all about the kids nowadays. I love the calm before the storm. Or rather, the calm after the bedpan of the preceding weeks to be then followed by the mayhem of the day itself!

Wonderful typo. :D:D

Talking of Christmas jumpers, I got the bags (yes bags) of Christmas jumpers & pjs etc out of the attic last night. My wife's family do a Chris Kindle video where you have dress up in Christmas jumpers or similar and pull the names out of a hat/bowl etc. One sibling and family does it each year and its our turn this year.

Some of the ideas she was coming out with last night; I had to remind her she wasn't Steven Spielberg :D

If only there was an exclusive Christmas forum jumper or badge we could get. You'd be having a quiet pint in Toners and spot one and just give a nod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

TRS30 wrote: »
    Talking of Christmas jumpers, I got the bags (yes bags) of Christmas jumpers & pjs etc out of the attic last night. My wife's family do a Chris Kindle video where you have dress up in Christmas jumpers or similar and pull the names out of a hat/bowl etc. One sibling and family does it each year and its our turn this year.

Some of the ideas she was coming out with last night I have to remind her she wasn't Steven Spielberg :D

That sounds like great craic. I'm heading to Cork City shopping for the day and to meet someone for dinner this evening. Its an annual early Christmas tradition and I love it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Print your avatars on stickers and use those as badges*. :D

*Idea totally stolen from another Boardsie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I bought a new Christmas jumper in Dealz at the weekend and a big sparkle bow hairband in The Range for one of my Christmas parties so that is that outfit sorted.

https://www.therange.co.uk/christmas/christmas-clothing/christmas-sequined-bow-headband/#213482

We should do a thread on each of our Christmas jumpers so if we spot them around town we get points.

• Advertisement

We should do a thread on each of our Christmas jumpers so if we spot them around town we get points.

Great idea (faces optional).

I just meant a pic of the jumper not of the person:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0763S4RS9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's mine

Ah my bad. Mine are a few years old now so cant remember where they came from.

Might take a picture of them later and post it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

No picture of mine online so will take on later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Guys! do we ever do a meetup or anything? I think it'd be great craic.

I'm determined to have a good Christmas MY way this year. I don't think I said it, but I'm only just back to work after 2 months off- I had to have a tumour removed from my spine back in September. I spent a RAKE of my time off sitting and sewing cushion covers and other festive presents, so that's been great. I can't believe it's only 6 weeks til Christmas Eve, it's so crazy!

I'm determined to have a good Christmas MY way this year. I don't think I said it, but I'm only just back to work after 2 months off- I had to have a tumour removed from my spine back in September. I spent a RAKE of my time off sitting and sewing cushion covers and other festive presents, so that's been great. I can't believe it's only 6 weeks til Christmas Eve, it's so crazy!

There was talk of it awhile back however not sure if it will ever get off the ground as such, for a few different reasons.

Sorry to hear about your health issues B&C, hopefully you are back to full health and can have the Christmas YOU want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Regular reader of this thread, infrequent poster hah.

Randomly said to my google home to play “christmas fm” and it said playing but no music. Now, 10 mins later, deck the halls starts playing. Must be doing the test runs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Sorry to hear about your health issues B&C, hope you're fully recovered now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Ah B&C, hope you’re doing well after your surgery and that you’ll be all set for a lovely christmas ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

What an awful evening in Dublin and around the country by the sounds of it glad to be on the sofa catching up on threads here

Had to make a quick trip to Woodies today I had a peak at the Christmas stuff it didn't look like everything was out but I did notice a lot of colours that I wouldn't really have seen before creeping in... Silver&Teal Santas, Santas with Rose Gold/blush pink colours on him and Snowmen the same
    No plain traditional Silver or Gold in the Snowmen and Santas, I did see some green and red
    Woodies was quite pricey I seen a Santa about 50cm hight 45euro with 20% off

Going to have a look at the Range online and Homestore see if something catches by eye

B&C wishing you good health and like the others said the Christmas you want

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement