Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh that looks good! I hope you're feeling better soon.

You guys might have some ideas for this. I have a bag of chocolate coins and a few kinder eggs for the little fella. I don't want to put the whole thing if coins and eggs into his stocking because, as a three year old, he doesn't go in for delayed gratification and will want to eat everything at once. So I'm looking for some fun ways to hide them throughout his day. Maybe one or two under the tree, his stocking, under his breakfast plate?
    I dunno. Any ideas?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hope you feel better soon, Stripedboxers. :)
    SarahLil wrote: »
    Posy hope your enjoying your carols
    What's everyone up to tomorrow ?
    The carols were great. Really enjoyable and Christmassy. :D

Tomorrow I'm going to bring the dog for an extra long walk and take her to the local 'Christmas house' which is decorated for charity every year. She's been a bit neglected and bemused by the goings on of trees and lights and so on, so she deserves a bit of extra attention now that I've finished up for the Christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I just hacked Christmas. I bought a second Christmas stocking, identical to S's one, and I've spent tonight filling it. So on Christmas eve he'll hang up the original and I'll just have to do a quick swap with the other once he finally falls asleep! I've also got all the other Santa presents sorted in the right piles in the attic, so I won't end up rooting around for missing bits and pieces on Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Jessme

Whispered wrote: »
    Oh that looks good! I hope you're feeling better soon.

You guys might have some ideas for this. I have a bag of chocolate coins and a few kinder eggs for the little fella. I don't want to put the whole thing if coins and eggs into his stocking because, as a three year old, he doesn't go in for delayed gratification and will want to eat everything at once. So I'm looking for some fun ways to hide them throughout his day. Maybe one or two under the tree, his stocking, under his breakfast plate?
    I dunno. Any ideas?

You could maybe put a few in the Christmas tree? i.e. stick them in amongst the branches and 'discover' them later on. Or if you're travelling during the day put one on his car seat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Can’t get back to sleep!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Can’t get back to sleep!!!!

Same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I read those ‘can’t sleep’ posts at 4 in the morning when I couldn’t sleep! Hope you all got some sleep.

Happy Christmas Eve Eve! We’re going for brunch in town to soak up the atmosphere. Can’t wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

iguana wrote:
    I just hacked Christmas. I bought a second Christmas stocking, identical to S's one, and I've spent tonight filling it.

Gotta try that; genius.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,334 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

If ever anyone here is stuck for ideas for where to go on holidays, I've found the ideal place for you guys. They even have a Chief Elf who's getting on a bit, so there may even be a vacancy coming up at some stage in the not too distant future. :)

Happy Christmas to the happiest forum on Boards. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Happy Christmas, everyone! I won't be online between now and the big day so enjoy it whatever you do and have a great time! Chat to you all in January! :D:D

• Advertisement

Happy Christmas CheerLouth! See you in the new year. :)

And happy Christmas to you, Zaph!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

bladespin wrote: »
    Gotta try that; genius.

I can't take credit for it. I read it on a parenting forum but it's definitely a great stress reducer. I just have to remember to lob in a couple of clementines tomorrow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Anyone else do a full celebration on both the 24th and 25th?
    We're just too fanatic and need two days to celebrate and stuff ourselves fully :P
    So I finished all the shopping yesterday and today I'm just conserving my energy by being in bed all day listening to Christmas music, which has been pretty hard as I feel like an overly hyper toddler :pac::pac::pac:

Like many of you I've also been finding it hard to sleep due to excitement but strangely I don't feel tired at all.

I JUST WANT TO ENJOY EVERY SECOND OF THIS FEEEEEEELING :eek::eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is there anything to be said for replacing the angelus with the Guinness Christmas Ad at this time of the year.

Is there anything to be said... for saying another mass? :pac:

Flaked out on the sofa listening to Spotify on the Bluetooth Jukebox secret Santa got me - that’s controlled by my Amazon Echo Dot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Ordered five bottles of craft beer for my bro-in-law from O’Brien’s online offie. Had it sent to my parent’s house and only got home today. Thought the box seemed a bit light... only two of them are in there! I’m totally broke and it’s too late to rectify this now. Present to him looks so stingy. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,757 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're currently deboning the ham!

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Ordered five bottles of craft beer for my bro-in-law from O’Brien’s online offie. Had it sent to my parent’s house and only got home today. Thought the box seemed a bit light... only two of them are in there! I’m totally broke and it’s too late to rectify this now. Present to him looks so stingy. :(

I know the feeling of ordering something and not being satisfied with it especially if its for someone else. But although its upsetting I am sure your brother in law will appreciate the intention :)
    We're currently deboning the ham!

Does ham with bone taste any different from boneless ham? We always get the boneless ham so I am intrigued aha :p

cinnamony wrote: »
    Does ham with bone taste any different from boneless ham? We always get the boneless ham so I am intrigued aha :p

I know with some meat it tastes better or I think It tastes better but that's because you can roast it very slowly for a few hours. With the ham you basically just boil it and it would be impossible to fit in the saucepan with the bone.

• Advertisement

Bed. Wrecked. Xmas Eve tomorrow! Then the biggest anticlimax of them all-
    Christmas Day!

Xmas Eve > Xmas Day

I know with some meat it tastes better or I think It tastes better but that's because you can roast it very slowly for a few hours. With the ham you basically just boil it and it would be impossible to fit in the saucepan with the bone.

Ah god that sounds delightful! Thinking of lovely ham roasting with honey based sauce now I'm about to cry :pac:

Happy Christmas Eve!

Happy Christmas eve guys! :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

It's tomorrow. Can't wait!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I’m so excited that I cannot sleep. Lying in bed thinking about everything I need to prep in the morning. I love Christmas Eve :) 🎄🎅🏻

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Happy Christmas Eve! My alarm is going off in half an hour but I think I’m awake for the day now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy Christmas Eve everyone I’m awake before my alarm didn’t touch a drop of alcohol last night was exhausted yesterday in bed by 9.15 wanted to be fresh for today
    Having a little time to myself at the minute, heading the butchers for the bird shortly another bit of running around, pack up mams stuff to come to ours then home to our house
    I don’t know what’s for dinner but plenty of Christmas movies please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Happy Christmas Eve everyone!

Also up bright and early (since half 7) today.
    Enjoy the festive day that's in it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement