Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭DeniG2

Late Late Toy Show trailer

https://youtu.be/K6cutM2YJJk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

New Home wrote: »
    As good as the boxed ones can be (and let's face it, a lot of those are like cardboard), if you can get your hands on a patisserie/bakery-made one, you'll be in heaven. Sometimes TK Maxx has them (or something very close to them), they're usually wrapped in fabric or in fancy wrapping. If they aren't as soft as a cloud, then they're not good.

Not a fan myself so can’t comment directly just what I had heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Turkey ordered today - it's getting very real now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,764 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just a note. If you ever decide to heat mince pies in the microwave be careful how long you leave them in! I had to replace a microwave a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

The party season has started, our firm were at a battle of the bands kind of thing for charity and they played a few Christmas tunes at the end. Another massive hangover sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,764 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I like this!
    GX-34.jpg

I like this!
    GX-34.jpg

Perfect for Jude13 about now :D

Im trying to keep my coffee down*

*I am ashamed to say I was unsuccessful. The ladies in here ordered in bacon sandwich and the smell is too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Jude13 wrote: »
    Im trying to keep my coffee down*

*I am ashamed to say I was unsuccessful. The ladies in here ordered in bacon sandwich and the smell is too much.

Do you need an emergency care package with Alka Selzer?

Five weeks today folks - woo so excited for Christmas this year!

• Advertisement

I need something, I have never had Alka Selzer, I will try pick some up.

Before work my OH said I need to man up as we are decorating tonight. Its meant to be a fun time...

This day one month and i will be sitting in the inlaws in front of the fire watching christmas tv and munching on quality street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Oh dear, Jude. Nothing worse than a work hangover! Hope you feel better soon.

A couple of decent bakeries in Dublin (Bread41 and Strudel) have started selling mince pies from today. Even to a mince pie hater like myself the Bread41 ones look incredibly good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Jude13 wrote: »
    I need something, I have never had Alka Selzer, I will try pick some up.

To be fair, you haven't missed much, they are utterly revolting. One mouthful & you are guaranteed to spew your guts up! Get an ice cold can of full fat coke into you & a few solpadeine!

Missed out yesterday as was on a client site & had to actually work :P Nice to see so much activity!

Thanks for the Christmas pep up. I am not young enough to deal with hangovers of any kind, I should know better. I have just had thai chicken soup and am tucking in to a quinoa slice. No solpadine sold here sadly.

I will be taking pics tonight of the house done up with lights so I will throw them up tomorrow.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CheerLouth wrote: »
    To be fair, you haven't missed much, they are utterly revolting. One mouthful & you are guaranteed to spew your guts up! Get an ice cold can of full fat coke into you & a few solpadeine!

Missed out yesterday as was on a client site & had to actually work :P Nice to see so much activity!

Spare a thought for anyone that missed out on Monday and Tuesday on here. They’d have about 280 posts to catch up on :pac:

Just heard a rumour that our work Christmas do could be in Waterford Castle! Have never been there but it looks amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    Spare a thought for anyone that missed out on Monday and Tuesday on here. They’d have about 280 posts to catch up on :pac:

Thats why I'm checking 2 or 3 times a day now, too much happening.

My life is utter chaos at the moment what with trying to close out the works in the house & with my day job being off the charts, throw christmas prep into the mix & its jurassic park on speed!!

tomorrow 4 weeks is the target, thats the day we go out for our christmas lunch with work & then I'm done until Jan 6th 2020....

can

not

wait!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Just heard a rumour that our work Christmas do could be in Waterford Castle! Have never been there but it looks amazing!

It's fab. If you're staying overnight, or getting there early, your almost guaranteed to get some Christmassy photos of deer in the frost, if you take a walk around the island. Maybe some relatively tame foxes too. Huge cosy fire in the lobby for Christmas selfies.. Sorry it's just the kind of place you want to take photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Would 1,000 cluster lights be enough for a 5ft tree? It is my understanding because they’re packed so close together, unlike regular lights, that you generally need more to get the full effect. Or would I just be better off getting the regular string lights?

It's fab. If you're staying overnight, or getting there early, your almost guaranteed to get some Christmassy photos of deer in the frost, if you take a walk around the island. Maybe some relatively tame foxes too. Huge cosy fire in the lobby for Christmas selfies.. Sorry it's just the kind of place you want to take photos.

It won't be until the New Year so there'll be no Christmas decs up :(

• Advertisement

Brian017 wrote: »
    Would 1,000 cluster lights be enough for a 5ft tree? It is my understanding because they’re packed so close together, unlike regular lights, that you generally need more to get the full effect. Or would I just be better off getting the regular string lights?

Yes, 1,000 would be more than enough.

DvB wrote: »

can

not

wait!

I second this!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I’m finding it so hard to keep up!

Nice sneaky little stat update :D

If I don't check between say 2/3pm and 8am the next morning I will have about 12 threads with new posts, all Christmas forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

The Dairygold Butter Christmas edition is in stores I noticed it today with the lovely red ribbon around it

I will purchase one nearer the big day we have to have the spreadable butter on stand by for the turkey and ham sandwiches :)

TRS30 wrote: »

I have no idea what you are on about :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Don't think we didn't notice. :p

TRS30 wrote: »

If I don't check between say 2/3pm and 8am the next morning I will have about 12 threads with new posts, all Christmas forum!

Most mornings I have 13/14 thread updates, 1 or 2 are american football & the league of Ireland football ones, the rest = "Its Christmas!!" (Think Noddy Holder!!)

Next week is when we hit the business end, Thursday = Christmas FM going live,
    Friday = Toy Show, Saturday = Decorations & Tree up, Sunday = Family trip to Causey Farm to see Santa & advent calendar day.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

SarahLil wrote: »
    The Dairygold Butter Christmas edition is in stores I noticed it today with the lovely red ribbon around it

I will purchase one nearer the big day we have to have the spreadable butter on stand by for the turkey and ham sandwiches :)

& the batch loaf for christmas eve ham sambo's!!!

#batch

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    & the batch loaf for christmas eve ham sambo's!!!

#batch

I'm gonna have to buy batch bread this weekend... the cravings are real!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement