Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Merry Christmas Eve all!!
    My excitement got the best of me and I couldn't sleep until like 3 am but woke up at around 6. Feeling full of energy preparing the appetizers for today and watching a Charlie Brown movie. My happiness meter is on EXTREME! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Christmas Eve my fellow elves. Hasn’t been a great one so far for me so hopefully it’ll get better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Loughc wrote: »
    Happy Christmas Eve my fellow elves. Hasn’t been a great one so far for me so hopefully it’ll get better.

Sorry to hear your Christmas Eve started on the wrong foot Loughc, I hope it will turn around for you and you get the magic spirit back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Happy Christmas Eve Loughc. Hope all is okay and it gets better for you soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Ordered five bottles of craft beer for my bro-in-law from O’Brien’s online offie. Had it sent to my parent’s house and only got home today. Thought the box seemed a bit light... only two of them are in there! I’m totally broke and it’s too late to rectify this now. Present to him looks so stingy. :(

Over my strop. Will buy some nice beers for bro-in-law in the local town today and get a refund for the missing items after Christmas. He shouldn’t suffer because of the fook up! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Glad to hear it, Dara. :)

Hope your day gets better, Loughc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,757 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We had a little oasis issue this morning. We normally make a candle/centerpiece with some oasis. I spent ages last night trying to get it to soak but I wouldn't. It was still very dry this morning. I then released that we had bought dry oasis. I knew knew their was a difference. So we had to go back to the shop this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭jellybear

Currently cleaning the house from top to bottom....can't wait to be finished!!! We've both been pretty unwell lately so the housework was neglected for a while!

Am wondering if any of you have used a slow cooker for a ham before? I'm worried I'll ruin it but on the other hand it could be amazing. I'd literally just be putting ham in, no brown sugar or glaze etc. Any one here tried it before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Happy Christmas Eve Everyone! Almost time to chop the onions and prepare the stuffing. The ham is on and should be done in a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Very productive day but I’m exhausted now! Up since 5:45 so I could get the food prep done, so I could go up Junior Parkrun at 9:30, nail appointment and then get glammed up for afternoon tea at 1. In pjs since 4 and watching Arthur Christmas, I’d say it’ll be an early night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

A bit late but Happy Christmas Eve, hope you guys are enjoying your day :)

Cannot believe the big day is tomorrow, its crazy how quick is has come around. I can't believe it!!

I'm getting e-mails saying the sales are online now!(Just show you how times change)

House is clean and just put our Christmas duvet cover on. Was just about to take a picture when Milo jumped up to investigate :D

I was just looking at a sale and I can understand why the products are on sale!

I hope your day has gotten better LoughC. Hope you enjoy your evening x

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Evening elves. Gutted to see it's not been a great day for you Loughc. Hope it's improved by now and if not I hope you're surrounded by people you love.

We've had a lovely day here. After church we took our in laws out for a special lunch - it's dad in law's birthday - which was a real treat. I had prawn cocktail, lamb shank and raspberry bavarois. :)

Home to make turkey, ham, stuffing (we're not hosting - we just wanted some for sandwiches!), cucumber pickles and chocolate brownies. We're going to my husband's sister tomorrow and bringing cheese, prosecco, brownies and a range of home made pickles and chutneys.

Now we're sitting under a blanket in front of the fire. When the fullness from lunch wears off we'll be tucking into some amazing sandwiches with tea and King cheese and onion crisps.

Much love and Christmas blessings to all of you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Christmas Eve people :) finally finished work and i am absolutely wrecked. 2 days free and gonna stuff myself silly :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Christmas Eve everyone , hope you all get to sit down and breathe somewhere along the line tonight :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Having a much better Christmas Eve now guys and thanks for the messages! Xx

Man has the ham cooked. I’m in fresh pjs it’d be rude not to have a ham sambo

We just opened out box of Lemons Seasons Greetings. Very disappointing, No iced caramels, fruit jellies, hard fruit bars, coconut macaroons!

• Advertisement

We just opened out box of Lemons Seasons Greetings. Very disappointing, No iced caramels, fruit jellies, hard fruit bars, coconut macaroons!

The fruit jellies were my favourite in seasons greetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

jellybear wrote: »
    Currently cleaning the house from top to bottom....can't wait to be finished!!! We've both been pretty unwell lately so the housework was neglected for a while!

Am wondering if any of you have used a slow cooker for a ham before? I'm worried I'll ruin it but on the other hand it could be amazing. I'd literally just be putting ham in, no brown sugar or glaze etc. Any one here tried it before?

This could be way too late but I've cooked bacon joints in the cooker and they've come out melt-in-the-mouth delicious! Well worth trying it, especially if it saves you tomorrow. Use a timer socket so you can let it cook while you sleep and not have to worry about switching it off :)

Kids asleep, presents organised and ready to go under the tree, digging into the Caffreys Snowballs (they never disappoint!), glass of baileys, watching Miracle on 34th Street on E4+1. Happy Christmas everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Had a wonderful Xmas eve, with my Godmother, then family, then friends and now home alone listening to my Xmas playlist on Spotify with Alexa on my cool Bluetooth Jukebox!

I was hoping to get some this year but could only see them for €10 (and I wasn't paying that), thinking that maybe I'm not missing out!

I got a box of Kimberley Elite yesterday in Dunnes for €10. Expensive but a treat for me, we never get them, only at Xmas so don't mind too much paying the €10 for them. :)

Going to throw on a movie soon, trying to find a comedy, though. Have seen plenty of Xmas movies so want to find one we haven't watched this year :)

LoughC delighted to hear your day is better and you're enjoying your evening :)

Hope everyone here is enjoying their evening/night :)

digging into the Caffreys Snowballs (they never disappoint!), glass of baileys, watching Miracle on 34th Street on E4+1. Happy Christmas everyone!

I love love love caffreys snowballs!! And yes they NEVER disappoint.

This could be way too late but I've cooked bacon joints in the cooker and they've come out melt-in-the-mouth delicious! Well worth trying it, especially if it saves you tomorrow. Use a timer socket so you can let it cook while you sleep and not have to worry about switching it off :)

Thanks a million! Going to put it on nice and early tomorrow so it'll be ready for dinner time, about 6.30pm. Have a smaller smoked ham that I'll do on the hob. Can't wait for Christmas dinner now :D

We've just polished off a tin of Cadbury's biscuits and we're currently watching the batman lego movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Glad your day improved LoughC. Happy Christmas everyone. Veg all prepped, Santa all laid out and wine open with a cheese board beside it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Only an hour to go :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

After a busy few days it’s been great to just be at home today with the family relaxing watching Christmas movies... Frozen may have snuck in there too. ;) Hope everyone enjoys the last hour before Christmas and enjoys the big day tomorrow! I wish you all a fantastic day, good/great presents and very delicious Christmas dinners. :)

• Advertisement

Is that sleigh bells I hear.

34fgs51.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement