Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Yep there’s multiple people singing now and while the lyrics are the same or similar the music is different, don’t like it really!

Blasphemy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Here ya go! It’s on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/cocacolaie/status/1197927521418989568?s=21

Looking it up on YouTube and it seems to be the same? I remember it differently for some reason! Some sort of Mandela effect happening here!

Edit: knew it wasn’t going crazy! This is the one I remember but apperantly the other one is older! https://youtu.be/WrHslVuqFyI
    Needless I’ve a eye out for the Kellogg’s one now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Is it my imagination or has the selection of Christmas songs on the music channels this year reduced?
    I haven't seen a load of them this year - particularly the likes of one of my favourites: I Believe in Father Christmas by Greg Lake :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

So after spending all day yesterday decorating we decided we weren’t happy with our main tree. The decorations we had were from our old apartment and didn’t work as well in the new house so we went out today and bought new ones :D

I’ll put pics up in the tree thread during the week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This day next month.....

SO EXCITING!!

Big week this week folks,

Tuesday - We're into the 20's
    Thursday - ChristmasFM back onair
    Friday - Toy Show

Wednesday really is a hump day :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

17 days to go on my flight app.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    17 days to go on my flight app.

When are you flying back?

Friday the 13th!!! So the 17 depends on today being day 1 or day 0. 8 hours 15 mins with a 11 month old is going to great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just waiting for the Guinness advert now.

We even bought mince pies yesterday, my self imposed Dec. 1st deadline is drawing near, the temptation to just tuck in is unreal though!

Our painters have told us they hope to finish up the house tomorrow, I suspect it'll be wednesday though, that leaves us very tight for getting the house back to normal in time to get the decorations up this weekend so it may end up going back to the following one, though my Mrs (who wouldnt be anything like the christmas nut I am) is adamant she'll have the house ready to decorate this weekend... legend!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Friday the 13th!!! So the 17 depends on today being day 1 or day 0. 8 hours 15 mins with a 11 month old is going to great.

How long you back for? The 13th is a nice old spell :)

You'll be in flying form (pardon the pun) in a few weeks so when you're finishing up in work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »

You'll be in flying form (pardon the pun) in a few weeks so when you're finishing up in work.

Speaking of finishing up, 19 days (incl today) to be worked & then its 16 days off... i'm looking forward to the break from work as much as christmas itself.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Have my cards that are going out foreign written and stamped- will post at lunch time!!

Back for almost two weeks, one week east coast, one week west coast (for the peps on here aspiring to be yanks).

I am hoping there will be no changes as we have had to chop one of our staffs holidays this week due to a deliverable outside of our control.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I am hoping there will be no changes as we have had to chop one of our staffs holidays this week due to a deliverable outside of our control.

Found out Friday that a big project I'm on is going to be delayed and run into late December, there was a scary moment when I though the boss was going to say I'd have to come in Christmas week however has been agreed that is not done by 19th then is getting postponed till New Year. Phew!!

Elf 1 was in a 'Santa parade' yesterday, was interesting! However got to see my first Santa of the season and had my first mince pie (they only had whipped cream, no ice cream or pouring cream however I soldiered on :D). Felt really festive and said my first Merry Christmas :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Asked Mrs B what she wanted for Christmas areir, she shows me a bottle of Joe Malone. It must have been the Jäger in me, but I sent a photo of it to a friend that works in Dublin airport. He picked it up for me this morning. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,257 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Hi Elves,

I hope you don't mind the cross-pollination, but I thought you might be interested in a little Christmas advent calendar quiz I'll be running over in forum games

It's sheep format, so you're hoping to give the most popular answer to each question. They'll be one question each day from the first until Christmas eve

If you're tempted then pop on over to the Forum Games Sheep Advent Calendar, I promise we're a friendly bunch :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Payday on Wednesday and I am itching to get the last of the Christmas presents sorted. We've a massive group of friends up visiting this weekend so we'll be out on the town Saturday night (Christmas jumpers optional). Tree going up on Sunday then (hangover dependant). It's shaping up to be a busy busy week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Has anybody ventured to Kildare village?
    There lights look impressive in videos!

I live five minutes away and have not been yet! Going to pop down some evening next week. It is very impressive from the outside anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I’ve never been. Are there good deals there or is it just the same as the stores?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I'm looking for a nice prelit garland for my mantelpiece if anyone sees one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc wrote: »
    Big week this week folks,

Tuesday - We're into the 20's
    Thursday - ChristmasFM back onair
    Friday - Toy Show
    Sunday- Advent Calendar Day- DECEMBER 1st :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Posy wrote: »
    Sunday- Advent Calendar Day- DECEMBER 1st :D

Today is my wedding anniversary! We've decided that instead of worrying about romantic nonsense that we're starting a new tradition - we'll buy the others Advent calendar for our anniversary each year instead! I'm delighted mine for herself arrived this morning, I got her the Funko Pop Mini Harry Potter one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

That's lovely - Happy Anniversary!

Tbh my checklist this year begins and ends with my wedding on 25th November- a month to the day!
    Only seems like yesterday we were adding you to the Christmas checklist! :pac:

That is a lovely idea for anniversary present- especially as your anniversary is in the busy season when you'll be giving gifts anyway.
    What a nice tradition to begin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Today is my wedding anniversary! We've decided that instead of worrying about romantic nonsense that we're starting a new tradition - we'll buy the others Advent calendar for our anniversary each year instead! I'm delighted mine for herself arrived this morning, I got her the Funko Pop Mini Harry Potter one.

Con'grat and great idea. Ours in the 16th so this could work for us as well. Both of our birthdays are soon before wedding anniversary so usually don't buy anything, just a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Love the advent idea B&C! Was your wedding like a mini Christmas day? :D We got married on 3rd January partly because of my love for Christmas but also cuz we met that day!

Love this. I approve. :D

Happy anniversary :) that was an extremely quick year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Love the advent idea B&C! Was your wedding like a mini Christmas day? :D

maaaaaybe.....

496127.jpeg

:p:p:p

Ye are feckin adorable, B&C.

• Advertisement

Love the Advent idea b&c.

I am so excited I have an advent calendar this year!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement