Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Guinness Ad just been on Sky it’s officially Christmas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

SarahLil wrote: »
    Guinness Ad just been on Sky it’s officially Christmas :)

Missed it... but yay!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,762 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This stuff has arrived at Tesco!
    77018156_2470065059982767_1126478713815302144_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=gdmyQdQEqwwAQkLCCHu92zJeXOOHFwyM79jy5UJPgeigg_xrbJ3wfHr9g&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=bd76c16af4be682d2f6990d2ee19a0f0&oe=5E4B7B3D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

This stuff has arrived at Tesco!
    77018156_2470065059982767_1126478713815302144_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=gdmyQdQEqwwAQkLCCHu92zJeXOOHFwyM79jy5UJPgeigg_xrbJ3wfHr9g&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=bd76c16af4be682d2f6990d2ee19a0f0&oe=5E4B7B3D

Yummy let’s get Christmas 2019 started :)

• Advertisement

We're into the twenties!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Tesco Home Delivery slots are open for Christmas Week if you have a delivery saver! Just booked my shopping this morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Is that baileys cream in a tub? Surely not, I know I sometimes buy grated cheese but just lash some baileys in with the cream at home. So delicous on mince pies and in your morning coffee...if getting public transport.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Is that baileys cream in a tub? Surely not, I know I sometimes buy grated cheese but just lash some baileys in with the cream at home. So delicous on mince pies and in your morning coffee...if getting public transport.

Baileys whipped cream is the business... I get a couple of tubs every year, eat it with mince pies, pudding, in coffee, on ice cream and anything else it wont curdle on :D

If you like Baileys you cant go wrong with it.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Baileys whipped cream is the business... I get a couple of tubs every year, eat it with mince pies, pudding, in coffee, on ice cream and anything else it wont curdle on :D

If you like Baileys you cant go wrong with it.

9.49am and all I want now is ice-cream and Baileys cream haha.... oh and some Yule log too.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    9.49am and all I want now is ice-cream and Baileys cream haha.... oh and some Yule log too.

& batch!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    & batch!

Seriously do you work for Brennan's Bread? :pac: :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Heard my second Christmas song on an actual radio station today and I got all emotional. Same thing happened yesterday. I think I'm going mad. :D

Also heard a guy on the radio this morning who said that Christmas should be celebrated from September 1st to January 1st with a 2 day break for Halloween. I'm on board with that!

Also heard a guy on the radio this morning who said that Christmas should be celebrated from September 1st to January 1st with a 2 day break for Halloween. I'm on board with that!

I too am okay with this! :D

Also Posy's Avatar has her Santa Hat on... that means it's definitely Christmas now :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

\o/

People have avatar's?

Had a call with my Mum at home and she made me feel all Christmasy, she said she spent a fortune in Penney's (most likely not a fortune)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Had a call with my Mum at home and she made me feel all Christmasy, she said she spent a fortune in Penney's (most likely not a fortune)

I dunno, the Penneys Christmas stuff is GORGEOUS this year, i can envisage a small fortune being spend in there in the coming weeks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Just bought our advent calendar....nearly forgot all about it! Harder to buy as I refuse to buy any one with chocolate, sweets, toys etc. I like just a plain, picture one. Got a 4 pack on Amazon though so that's the next four years sorted :D

I've also been looking up ideas for our Elf on the Shelf when he makes him come back on Saturday night!

I have given her my Santy list:
    Chocolate coins (one year I didn't get any, it just wasn't a proper Christmas, I was 25 that year)
    White pudding.

That's about all I need for Christmas apart from the company.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

The sky was on the ground all day yesterday so I put up my Christmas decorations early to combat the gloom. I popped a picture on FB and both my MIL and a friend of my sister messaged me to tell me I had inspired them to do the same. Yay! Spreading Christmas cheer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

The traffic in here is unreal these last few days. About 5/6 thread updates at one time! Can't wait to see the post count :P

Got the decorations out last night, took me about 45 minutes to get them from the storage at the side to the attic floor (attic converted). Working from home today so just spent lunch, another 45 mins, moving them from the attic to the landing and then will move from landing to front room this evening.

Is a three stage process due to the amount! Seems to grow every year. I'll do all the outside decorations and wife will do inside and we do tree together as a family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

I have given her my Santy list:
    Chocolate coins (one year I didn't get any, it just wasn't a proper Christmas, I was 25 that year)
    White pudding.

That's about all I need for Christmas apart from the company.

I think I will get all misty eyed at the thoughts of Jude13 and co arriving home for Christmas!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Running through my mince pie list again. Tesco bakery mince pies are again just 'ok', the value ones are **** tier stuff though. The filling is practically empty

Not sure how I feel about this but I’m gonna give it a listen.

https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/at-home-with-the-williamses/id1488167076

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Who have they picked for playing the first Christmas song on 2fm, now that Larry is gone.

Not sure how I feel about this but I’m gonna give it a listen.

https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/at-home-with-the-williamses/id1488167076

I couldn't even make it through the trailer.

beertons wrote: »
    Who have they picked for playing the first Christmas song on 2fm, now that Larry is gone.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they had Larry call in to do it. I’m hoping they do it’s a nice tradition to keep it going.

If it’s Eoghan McDermott I give up.

If it’s Eoghan McDermott I give up.

Beat me to it!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Got the tree up. Lights only took 10 mins. No divorce papers served. Yipee.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement