Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Guinness ad on NOW on virgin one! :D

Edit: ah that was great. Kellogg’s is the last one now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Guinness ad on NOW on virgin one! :D

Was just about to post this , love it !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Was just about to post this , love it !

Was gonna post as well. Christmas has started. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

First new decoration tested :)

[IMG][/img]https://imgur.com/rmffBZy

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

My sister picked up Christmas jumpers for me and Mr Scarinae in Penneys as I was worried all the good ones would be gone by the time we got to Ireland :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Eleysian wrote: »
    I think I will get all misty eyed at the thoughts of Jude13 and co arriving home for Christmas!

This will be me arriving home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy52jFB5Qgc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Haha I hadn’t seen that.
    I always love seeing the video clips taken out at the airport when people arrive home especially with new members of the family. I always get misty eyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Jude13 wrote: »
    I have given her my Santy list:
    Chocolate coins (one year I didn't get any, it just wasn't a proper Christmas, I was 25 that year)
    White pudding.

That's about all I need for Christmas apart from the company.

It has become a tradition in our house that my granny buys the 3 female grandchildren new pyjamas every Christmas. We wear them to bed Christmas eve and it's great. You should've seen the tantrums thrown by the 3 of us when she suggested a few years back that she'd just get us vouchers instead.

I'm 36. My sisters are 34. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shirlywhirl

So many posts to catch up on! I'm just back from a weekend in Berlin and feeling extra Christmassy! We managed to get in 3 different Christmas markets when they opened Monday and also went to the Christmas Lights in the Botanical Gardens which was so lovely. Christmas tree is going up this weekend :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posts this month have now surpassed the months of March - July inclusive.

Serious amount of posts well done everyone, great craic in here this month. :)

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Posts this month have now surpassed the months of March - July inclusive.

Serious amount of posts well done everyone, great craic in here this month. :)

Yes! Go us :)

Just last November to beat now!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Ah lads. 6 year old wants an invisibility cloak.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Yes! Go us :)

Just last November to beat now!

Something tells me that will happen... most likely by the end of the day :P :pac:

Not that I'm keeping count?

beertons wrote: »

Get him a regular cloak and get everyone to act that he's invisible? :o

That is a toughie... any chance he'll change his mind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Just get a normal cloak and get everyone to pretend they can't see him when he's wearing it. extra bonus parent points if you can keep this up well into his 20's. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I saw them on Amazon last week. No idea how they're supposed to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Daintydoll1

They actually sell them in Smyths...around €60 I think. It works with an app, when using the app the cloak is invisible on the phone/tablet.
    Reeks of something that won’t be used or played with mind you

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You can still use it as a car cover... not sure if it'll hide it if you park where you shouldn't, though...

I didn't get a phonecall about Toy Show tickets this year either! :(

Ah well maybe next year.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

But... Do they know who you are?!?!?

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    But... Do they know who you are?!?!?

Obviously not... :(

I even agreed to participate in a game if asked... :(

I have 12 months to learn a skill or come up with a party piece to include in that section of the form for next year :P

I didn't get a phonecall about Toy Show tickets this year either! :(

Ah well maybe next year.

Me neither :(

Get him a regular cloak and get everyone to act that he's invisible? :o

That is a toughie... any chance he'll change his mind?

It's a her. And there's no chance. They're off to lapland next week, I'll say Santa phoned after they left and he has decided not to stock them for insurance purposes.

Sound legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭snowgal

Obviously not... :(

I even agreed to participate in a game if asked... :(

I have 12 months to learn a skill or come up with a party piece to include in that section of the form for next year :P

it doesnt even matter if you have one Loughc, Ive been filling them in with skills that would amaze anyone!! and still no call, again............:(

snowgal wrote: »
    it doesnt even matter if you have one Loughc, Ive been filling them in with skills that would amaze anyone!! and still no call, again............:(

A neighbour of mine was on the late late a few years ago, was called down to take a penalty with Nicky Byrne in goals. This lad has a fierce boot on him, blasted it, and bounced off the goalies head. Byrne though TV he was deadly, as he saved the shot. I wrote at the end of my application that if my rendition of Friends in low places was not enough, I'd at least like the opportunity to fire a few balls at Byrne.

Yirra, must have been a westlife fan that read my sheet.

I'd at least like the opportunity to fire a few balls at Byrne.

Yirra, must have been a westlife fan that read my sheet.

Or they were fearing a sexual assault live on tv :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I’ve to send out the secret Santa email today telling everybody who they got. Any suggestions on wording?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

kitten_k wrote: »
    I’ve to send out the secret Santa email today telling everybody who they got. Any suggestions on wording?

Does you know who everyone got in SS? I used an online SS generator and it is really handy as everyone just get an email with the name they're assigned :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Does you know who everyone got in SS? I used an online SS generator and it is really handy as everyone just get an email with the name they're assigned :)

Yea coz our work email filters are very sensitive so the emails would probably get blocked. I’m the only person who knows it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

kitten_k wrote: »
    Yea coz our work email filters are very sensitive so the emails would probably get blocked. I’m the only person who knows it all.

Aw ok that makes sense, I use an online generator for my family. But at my work I put names in the hat (box) and everyone pick one. It is exciting organising it! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement