Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This is pretty accurate.

F73zueW.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone know when this goes up on RTE player or what time it will be repeated?

Speaking of repeating, I had my first mince pie of the season today from a well known restaurant in Cork city centre, they sell them to take out, they ain't cheap but it was delicious, laced with brandy, only problem is that in spite of the industrial grade nexium I'm on for G.E.R.D and never have reflux because of it, I've now got it really bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Funny how you gave the answered to the question which had no bearing what so ever with" repeating":pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I do have to say though, the lidl Christmas ad this year is shocking imo. The mums acting is terrible, really forced/fake and honestly kinda scary! Haha. The elves saying happy Christmas every 2 seconds is slightly annoying too

I do have to say though, the lidl Christmas ad this year is shocking imo. The mums acting is terrible, really forced/fake and honestly kinda scary! Haha. The elves saying happy Christmas every 2 seconds is slightly annoying too

Totally agree. The mum looks deranged!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Could not agree anymore. The acting is TERRIBLE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

The Dads no better, all looks a bit miscast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Best ever December 25th planned this year. Young ‘uns are with their respective partners. My extended family are under the impression we’re going to her family, and vice versa. No cooking at all for either of us to do! Phones off for the ultimate Saturday! Off to Spain for a week on the 26th. First ever Xmas successfully evaded. Bonus points: sister suggested that Kris Kringle thing this year to save a few quid, so I don’t have to occupy the role of humbug. Gonna push the boat out and suggest no tree this year. I’d say the chances are fair to middling.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

endacl wrote: »
    Best ever December 25th planned this year. Young ‘uns are with their respective partners. My extended family are under the impression we’re going to her family, and vice versa. No cooking at all for either of us to do! Phones off for the ultimate Saturday! Off to Spain for a week on the 26th. First ever Xmas successfully evaded. Bonus points: sister suggested that Kris Kringle thing this year to save a few quid, so I don’t have to occupy the role of humbug. Gonna push the boat out and suggest no tree this year. I’d say the chances are fair to middling.

:D

I suspect the avoidance of christmas is not really in keeping with the spirit of the forum, but either way have yourself a merry 'little's Christmas!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

morning everyone today is the day Christmas fm is here and the tree is going up I am going to enjoy today at home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

SarahLil wrote: »
    morning everyone today is the day Christmas fm is here and the tree is going up I am going to enjoy today at home

Well jealous. I'm heading off down the country in the next few minutes for a site inspection but much prefer a day at home decking the halls or such like. At least I should get to hear the Christmas fm live launch in the car though so that's something! Enjoy your day!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

DvB wrote: »
    Well jealous. I'm heading off down the country in the next few minutes for a site inspection but much prefer a day at home decking the halls or such like. At least I should get to hear the Christmas fm live launch in the car though so that's something! Enjoy your day!!

Awh thanks so much, safe travelling Christmas fm will keep your spirits up

DvB wrote: »
    I suspect the avoidance of christmas is not really in keeping with the spirit of the forum, but either way have yourself a merry 'little's Christmas!!

It’s ok I’m pretty sure it’s the plot to Christmas with the Kranks. :P :pac:

#freefrosty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    It’s ok I’m pretty sure it’s the plot to Christmas with the Kranks. :P :pac:

#freefrosty

Was thinking exactly the same when I read it!

I’ll go great minds rather that fools!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

https://twitter.com/jonbir90/status/1199676729494769665

Mine isn't Christmassy at all if I use the Irish charts! Father and Son by Shania Twain. It actually makes sense as a combination. I'm very disappointed. :( Using the UK charts changes the song to Earth Song, so equally un-Christmassy.

Mine isn't Christmassy at all if I use the Irish charts! Father and Son by Shania Twain. It actually makes sense as a combination. I'm very disappointed. :( Using the UK charts changes the song to Earth Song, so equally un-Christmassy.

Thanks you very much Mr. Eastwood by Dermot Morgan, no idea if that a Christmas song or not!!!!!

UK was Merry Christmas Everyone by Shakin Stevens so think ill go with that one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Hmm. My last played song on Spotify is the Peer Gynt Suite conducted by Tadeusz Wojciechowski so my dream Christmas song is either Babe (originally Take That), by Tadeusz Wojciechowski (who is a cellist so could totally adapt Babe) or by Edvard Grieg. Would be interesting at least. Not very Christmassy at all though.

Mine was fecking Mr. Blobby :(

We are currently 150 posts ahead of November 2018, suck it last year :P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Decorations up in The Gingerman on Fenian Street. Amazingly decked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Mine was fecking Mr. Blobby :(

You're cursed. :eek: I need to know who would be singing it. Someone I follow on Twitter had Bob the Builder by Skepta. :pac:

We are currently 150 posts ahead of November 2018, suck it last year :P

Glad I was sitting down when I read that!! Am not surprised if I'm honest, the place has been hopping the last couple of weeks :)

Can kick back and relax now for the next three days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Just caught up after missing yesterday! Christmas prep is starting here - I've defrosted one freezer this morning & contemplating if I can fit everything from the other freezer into the first freezer and get the two done in one day!!!!!!!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Just caught up after missing yesterday! Christmas prep is starting here - I've defrosted one freezer this morning & contemplating if I can fit everything from the other freezer into the first freezer and get the two done in one day!!!!!!!

Two freezers!!! You don't have a side line business you're not telling us about?? :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

One freezer is probably just for the bodies. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We've only a small freezer as part of our fridge. I think once you've a family, you need a big freezer especially if you batch cook anything! I'm delighted to say that I've gotten everything into the small freezer so can start to defrost the big one now & I'll leave that empty now to start the Christmas stockpile!

Only thing I couldn't fit in the small freezer was some ice cubes and a bowl of blackberries so I'll make some blackberry loaf later :D

Been listening to ChristmasFM all day and night, off work tomorrow, shopping done, tree going up tomorrow and toy show and takeaway.

All is good in the world.

Been listening to ChristmasFM all day and night, off work tomorrow, shopping done, tree going up tomorrow and toy show and takeaway.

All is good in the world.

Living the dream :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Listening to Christmas FM online now and my Mam asked me to tune it in on the radio in the living room for her. 95FM for us. All done and dusted! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Toy Show's theme is revealed and I'm not sure what I think. Thought it'd be more Christmassy & orginal the way he went on last day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement