Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Theme is way too safe!! Can see a lot of unhappy boys if the ones I teach are anything to go by...not big fans, to say the least!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Toy Show's theme is revealed and I'm not sure what I think. Thought it'd be more Christmassy & orginal the way he went on last day.

I honestly can’t think of the last Christmassy toy show theme. I remember one year there was a Victorian dickens theme it was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Toy Show's theme is revealed and I'm not sure what I think. Thought it'd be more Christmassy & orginal the way he went on last day.

Disney have very deep pockets :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Loughc wrote: »
    I honestly can’t think of the last Christmassy toy show theme. I remember one year there was a Victorian dickens theme it was perfect.

Was it not The Greatest Showman one year? I don't watch it but I remember seeing a pic of Ryan dressed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Apologies for bring down the tone of the thread !! If anybody sees the Christmas loo rolls anywhere, can you post on one of the threads plz. I have a nephew and niece, each of
    which have bought their own houses, and this will be their first Christmas in the houses.
    I.m doing a kind of hamper with decorations, and Christmas tea towels, hand towels etc
    in it, and I want to include the Christmas toilet rolls ....thanks guys. xx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

miamee wrote: »
    Was it not The Greatest Showman one year? I don't watch it but I remember seeing a pic of Ryan dressed up.

Taht was last years one. I enjoyed that one actually.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Apologies for bring down the tone of the thread !! If anybody sees the Christmas loo rolls anywhere, can you post on one of the threads plz. I have a nephew and niece, each of
    which have bought their own houses, and this will be their first Christmas in the houses.
    I.m doing a kind of hamper with decorations, and Christmas tea towels, hand towels etc

Bought them in Aldi a few weeks ago. Think Dunnes have them too n

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Nearly sure I saw some in Tesco this morning. Lovely idea we just moved into our new house and I would totally love this!!

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Bought them in Aldi a few weeks ago. Think Dunnes have them too n

Dunnes in blanch definitely had them last weekend anyway.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

If you see them, buy them and hide for near the big day !! Always seem to be a scarse commodity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

We had our annual Christmas Shopping Day yesterday. Not the greatest day for me because I was sick for the last few days and it took a huge effort to drag myself around Dublin for the day. We had a nice meal though and then went home where I went straight to bed!!
    Feel a good bit better today but am working from home with Christmas FM on in the background so that's definitely helping the R&R! :D

Tree going up this weekend so the kids are super-excited about that although there were a few faces when they were told they can't stay up for the Toy Show (we have a long day out and about tomorrow so they need to be in bed at their normal time)

Heroditas wrote: »
    We had our annual Christmas Shopping Day yesterday. Not the greatest day for me because I was sick for the last few days and it took a huge effort to drag myself around Dublin for the day. We had a nice meal though and then went home where I went straight to bed!!
    Feel a good bit better today but am working from home with Christmas FM on in the background so that's definitely helping the R&R! :D

Tree going up this weekend so the kids are super-excited about that although there were a few faces when they were told they can't stay up for the Toy Show (we have a long day out and about tomorrow so they need to be in bed at their normal time)

We will record it and watch it earlier tomorrow evening. Not worth the drama tomorrow morning, we have a busy day like yourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I've told our eldest that she can stay up - I highly doubt that she'll make it to it. I could hear her moving around in her room at 6.30 this morning so she'll be wrecked come 8pm. And she loves her leaba.

Our two tried to stay up last year but himself conked out cold around 10ish, herself was wide awake & full of the joys though. Have told them they can try to stay up this year but we'll record it in case either of them gets tired and goes to bed, and we'll watch it tomorrow instead.

HAve already been informed by the mrs that treats have been brought home specifically for the event... any excuse!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's repeated at 3 tomorrow afternoon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What are the treats everyone have in store for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭snowgal

Wine, wine, Chinese coming, popcorn, quality street and emm more wine for treats! Countdown on! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

snowgal wrote: »
    Wine, wine, Chinese coming, popcorn, quality street and emm more wine for treats! Countdown on! :D

Lots of wine, crisps, first box of sweets. Well actually two Hero's and Celebrations!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

snowgal wrote: »
    I want to watch it at your house. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,760 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The RTE Christmas intro's have started!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I needed Gin last night after spending the day decorating the tree they must have been big measures I poured not so fresh today, think I will be on the tea and chocolates for the toyshop I had my Chinese it was yummy, all though a curer might help me :pac:

Just polished off an Indian takeaway. Ice cream crisps and a tin of sweets to come :D

Nyom nyom. You baxtard. :p

Old school popcorn here

Let it goooooooo

Oh my! :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    Oh my! :pac:

Was my singing that bad!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,760 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

TRS30 wrote: »
    Was my singing that bad!! :p

I expected better to be honest.
    You'd have a shot at the Eurovision in a few years.

I expected better to be honest.
    You'd have a shot at the Eurovision in a few years.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I’m having these and crisps and chocolate:D

attachment.php?attachmentid=496494&d=1575065506

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    I’m having these and crisps and chocolate:D

[IMG][/img]https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=496494&d=1575065506

Oh yes kitten_k!!! Amazing!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement