Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loving the Toy Show tonight. It's super cute. (Apart from the audience. They can all eff off. :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Brilliant show tonight Toto!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Don’t think I stopped smiling throughout. Brilliant show.

I have a brother who moves from country to country on a regular basis and I also have entertaining nephews so I'm forming a plan to get myself onto the Toy Show...

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Loving the Toy Show so far! But what really makes it is the way for very first time my Deaf friends can watch it live with Irish Sign Language on RTE news channel! For many years one of my friends listened to me on about Toy Show but she only realised just how great it is tonight for the first time and she is 33 years old. That made my night seeing the delight on her face!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Loving the Toy Show so far! But what really makes it is the way for very first time my Deaf friends can watch it live with Irish Sign Language on RTE news channel! For many years one of my friends listened to me on about Toy Show but she only realised just how great it is tonight for the first time and she is 33 years old. That made my night seeing the delight on her face!

Ah Jaysus. I’m an emotional wreck as it is. This is lovely.

This is the best Toy Show in a long time. They're really focusing on the right things and it's a lot of fun.

Although I'm furious that I didn't win the trip to America. (Plot twist: I didn't enter.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Although I'm furious that I didn't win the trip to America. (Plot twist: I didn't enter.)

Snap!!:D

It was a brilliant show. The kids were just so polite, genuine and grateful. I have to admit Tom and his nana and the girl with the sick little brother had me bawling....I blame my mammy hormones...little man is 3 months old and I seem to be getting softer than ever, cry at anything!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Really, really enjoyed the show. Great stories for kids watching. Makes me feel grateful for what I have. Some voucher give aways!

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus. I’m an emotional wreck as it is. This is lovely.

Yeah it just made me think this is what Christmas is about! I'm the Christmas nut in my group but they were like kids on Christmas morning tonight. I really enjoyed it, like someone said they focused on right things can't even remember half toys now just diversity and that.

So Christmas have begun!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I thought the Toy Show was very good this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

This is the best Toy Show in a long time. They're really focusing on the right things and it's a lot of fun.

Ball and chain and myself were just saying the same. Less on the toys and more on the kids.

The girl who was getting bullied and the big sister they brought home from Oz were my particular favorites as could relate to both.

So my tree is up less than 24 hours and my dog has shredded his first tree ornament.

It’s his first time seeing a Christmas tree as he’s only 7 months old. So there’s a bit of training to go to stop him from eating Christmas :pac:

I knew which one it would be and all while he sniffed at all ornaments which is fine he kept licking one. I was like uh-oh he’s taking a shining to that one. And this morning he bided his time and stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,760 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

78389561_2762653417133356_5143053771651153920_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_eui2=AeGgq16OGsTwf17abJEXo9pPl8X4g3_NPEwmtJXECI9tijOPZu6fzqFBaMZYwQJJOdPsy8o07Cbe51l61OgN1hFDKEOoN-0KzUYuj9fcZ3gz_Q&_nc_ohc=DxKX9Y7-gO0AQlx8NvbLXVkwo0UvDC4852xAEzXuz0JcJddvlx520tuPQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=dea304f314a4132b1a564b3694cd2d0c&oe=5E7525A8

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

So my tree is up less than 24 hours and my dog has shredded his first tree ornament.

It’s his first time seeing a Christmas tree as he’s only 7 months old. So there’s a bit of training to go to stop him from eating Christmas
    My dog kept pulling decorations off and running off with them the first year I had her and a Christmas tree up!

And all subsequent years.

Good luck with the training! :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I love the Christmas Forum. It's lovely to just drop in and see all the beautiful trees and positive chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

It’s his first time seeing a Christmas tree as he’s only 7 months old. So there’s a bit of training to go to stop him from eating Christmas :pac:

I knew which one it would be and all while he sniffed at all ornaments which is fine he kept licking one. I was like uh-oh he’s taking a shining to that one. And this morning he bided his time and stuck.

I’m sure there’s ‘they made a fortune how?!!?’ invention in there somewhere!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I love the Christmas Forum. It's lovely to just drop in and see all the beautiful trees and positive chat.

It's positive chat all year round here, best forum on boards by a mile! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's positive chat all year round here, best forum on boards by a mile! :)

Harrrumph! :cool:

(without taking anything away from this forum, obvs.)

• Advertisement

Bleeedin' cheek, NH! :p
    Thank you!

It's purely the posters (and my co-mod of course) that make this forum what it is. Everyone here is so positive and friendly and really embrace the spirit of Christmas. We really have a special bunch of people here. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

cs281.jpg

:D

GET OUT

:pac:

I received my first Christmas card of the year yesterday. A lovely donkey sanctuary one. :)

Posy wrote: »
    Bleeedin' cheek, NH! :p

Thank you!

It's purely the posters (and my co-mod of course) that make this forum what it is. Everyone here is so positive and friendly and really embrace the spirit of Christmas. We really have a special bunch of people here. :)

x62smNK.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,845 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Are Christmas songs cursed ???

Dean Martin and George Michael died on Christmas day
    Kirsty MacColl died in tragic circumstances near Christmas
    John Lennon was killed on dec 8th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,462 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Two incredibly boring but very important pre Christmas things done - chimney swept two weeks ago and second freezer fully empty and defrosted last night.

Have to assemble a new larger kitchen table but after that all the boring stuff is done and the more fun stuff can start. Like refilling that freezer. Need to decide on party food to cook

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Are Christmas songs cursed ???

Dean Martin and George Michael died on Christmas day
    Kirsty MacColl died in tragic circumstances near Christmas
    John Lennon was killed on dec 8th
    Greg Lake died on 7th December, David Bowie died 2 weeks after Christmas and Rick Parfitt died on Christmas Eve.

Thread is getting macabre. :pac:

To be fair, though, I think many musicians have had a Christmas song out, so statistically a few are bound to pass away in December!

Loughc, hopefully your pup will settle. I thought our 15 months old toddler will be a nightmare with our tree last night but he was good so far. Hopefully it'll stay that way!

Santa Clause is on RTE tonight at 6.45pm! We might go to Christmas lights switch on in local village at 7pm though so will watch it on plus if we do :D

• Advertisement

I’m glad to report no other tree casualties Although a lot of my day today was spend going Ah-Ah so it’s like having a toddler :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement