Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Christmas market this morning. Lunch with extended family sorting Kris Kindle. Afternoon in Christmas pjs listening to Christmas FM doing Christmas jigsaws with the kids. Sitting on sofa as a family watching Santa Claus.

If Carlsberg did Christmas build up days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Best toy show in years last night, we all loved it. Got the decorations up today too as planned as our new sofas arrived at 8 30 this morning... was a close thing but we managed to finish the house just in time!! Off to causey farm tomorrow aftetnoon/evening after seeing Santa again earlier at the gaa club, been a proper weekend to kick off the season!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

I love the Christmas Forum. It's lovely to just drop in and see all the beautiful trees and positive chat.

I was just about to post the same thing!

I'm near bursting with excitement that tomorrow is the 1st and I start opening my advent calendar! Got himself one of the bigger Lindt advent calendars so he has something to open too. He loves Lindt. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Went to see Frozen II today, was very good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

RfiT4gv.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    Went to see Frozen II today, was very good.

Oh really? Even I loved the first one!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Dunno whether to go watch Frozen 2 tomorrow or go to local Christmas fair!

Started wrapping presents here beside the tree and I have hot chocolate & tub of chocolates for fuel! Plus the Holiday is on TV :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,760 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Happy December!
    78855502_166490214553146_5945767882074882048_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_eui2=AeERqtIkIhjI8Q8QIxIRx04WAZGwZ1BfKIQAcSwk7CqSxhsjTLSg-DjPpeMIPEwT0zIanP9BmMdgiHoTXRu1Os3VSWARV7lwZSPtosm58jxdAA&_nc_ohc=zcVQ573nxeAAQkIu7x-c08QLk9Sx1UygYh274IH3cvHu8JHXwmO3HjBxA&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=489d26b0573f6a9b275faca895296013&oe=5E84B6DC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

It’s December!!! Agh!!!!!! Get the Christmas songs on stat.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Oh really? Even I loved the first one!

I like the first one too but thought the new one was even better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,760 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mistletoe available at Lidl!
    78629250_2475443762778230_8532826675312852992_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=4QocuANAiNMAQmQvSmEfU9ixJ7LIOCJ5vQP5fBfwPrm5_aOICKk3Ybz4w&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=133e769c6a315e3d9ca4e7bf7a35c72c&oe=5E7E8D62

Happy December elves! Off to see Santa today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,257 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Hi Elves,

I hope you don't mind the cross-pollination, but I thought you might be interested in a little Christmas advent calendar quiz I'll be running over in forum games

It's sheep format, so you're hoping to give the most popular answer to each question. They'll be one question each day from the first until Christmas eve

If you're tempted then pop on over to the Forum Games Sheep Advent Calendar, I promise we're a friendly bunch :)

Final shameless plug from me :p

The game is now live. If you need help getting into the Christmas spirit (you lot need help with that, right?!) then pop on over to https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058033465/3/#post111904767 :)

Happy December everyone. It is THE month!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Won't be long till the RTE Christmas Guide comes out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

branie2 wrote: »

Ya it's the last year of it aswell make the most of it.

branie2 wrote: »

Possibly only a week from today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Advent is finally here. Now it get's serious. 🎅🤶🎄

I hope some of you have entered the Christmas advent sheep game. It'll be easier if I can base my answers on you lot! And it should be good fun. Still half an hour to pm your answer to Electric Nitwit. The first question is handy. Name a reindeer other than rudolph. I think I know what people will say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I hope some of you have entered the Christmas advent sheep game. It'll be easier if I can base my answers on you lot! And it should be good fun. Still half an hour to pm your answer to Electric Nitwit. The first question is handy. Name a reindeer other than rudolph. I think I know what people will say!

I always think I know what people will say , look where that has gotten me so far in these games :pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I always think I know what people will say , look where that has gotten me so far in these games :pac:

Haha well that's why I hope some Christmas Forum people played. I think they'll be more predictable (in a good way!)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Oasis1974 wrote: »

Are they packing it in ?? Keeping money for the awful 2fm djs, I suppose.

I know which I'd rather keep. Recall my sister and I marking each show and movie we were gonna watch in it back in the day. Realistically saw about 1% of them....and the 3 hours of blank VCR would be full by the 14th of Decemeber with Simpsons episodes we had already seen several times.

Oasis1974 wrote: »

It’s up for sale. It will continue regardless as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Despite the hangover yesterday we got the tree up and the first Christmas movie watched. My annual christmas cold has properly developed at this stage so I can't properly enjoy the season yet till I shake it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Happy December, Elves! We've had a lovely weekend with the Toy Show (eldest elf managed to stay up and awake and we had to wrestle her to bed at 11, mostly cos Mama was falling asleep :P). She's watched it three times already :P We put our Christmas Tree up on Saturday & I went for a lovely festive Afternoon Tea in the Shelbourne yesterday for my Dad's birthday. Was lovely to see all the lights up in Dublin & the Shelbourne was decorated beautifully :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sounds lovely. :)

One of the final stats update for 2019, but we've only gone and bloody smashed it.

We ended November 382 posts ahead of last year making it our busiest EVER month for the Christmas Forum and we are now only 40 posts away to make 2019 the busiest ever year for the Christmas Forum!

National Lampoon Christmas vacation is 30 years old this year.

And turns out this was my 14,000TH Post on boards, fitting :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

One of the final stats update for 2019, but we've only gone and bloody smashed it.

We ended November 382 posts ahead of last year making it our busiest EVER month for the Christmas Forum and we are now only 40 posts away to make 2019 the busiest ever year for the Christmas Forum!
    And turns out this was my 14,000TH Post on boards, fitting :P

Milestones all round :)

Christmas must be trendy these day!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement