Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

https://twitter.com/juniaschneider7/status/1201291843750764544?s=21

This would probably happen to me if I ever tried to be Santa :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

More a lurker than a poster but very proud of our Lego winter village this year. Moved it down stairs so we get more enjoyment from it ....esp the kids over 20000 pieces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Wow that’s great!

polydactyl wrote: »
    More a lurker than a poster but very proud of our Lego winter village this year. Moved it down stairs so we get more enjoyment from it ....esp the kids over 20000 pieces

That is epic!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That’s impressive I love it :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Wow, polydactyl, that's amazing!

Thanks �� it’s the highlight of my decorating each year and different each year as I get a new piece

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

NUzmJL6.jpg

I'm officially half way through my Christmas shopping. 10 out of 20 gifts bought. Some tough ones still to sort though. Everytime I tick someone off my list I feel so great though. Feeling organised this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,459 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You've reminded me I have (most of) the official Winter Village sets to bring down, had actually completely forgotten. My normal Lego building is City and that's whats all over the home office!

Did the first bit of decoration in the house but its a very gradual process as I want to get a real tree later on. I also have to figure out where on earth I can fit it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,459 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Actually, I've just remembered that I'm even more forgetful about Christmas Lego than usual.

I entered a raffle at a Lego event and won the 2018 staff Christmas set this summer. Built it and put it back in its box (box is big enough to store it built) for use as decoration.

Its a nice set, basically its built to look like a giant Santa minifig on a sleigh pulled by a giant version of the old horse figure but with reindeer horns. Its about ~€150 on the secondary market and the ticket was a tenner so I did OK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,758 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

By the way guys I saw something in the news about this Christmas being the most expensive in a decade and from I've seen in the supermarket it appears it is. Unless certain thing start to go on offer. So, watch your prices.

That is bad ass!

As a Lego family, granddad, kids and grandkids, I’ll have to show them this and I know they will be very jealous.

Found a rare Maersk train on eBay for my Dad which I know he has been looking for. Can’t wait to see his face on Christmas Day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Have a strong suspicion that I'll be posting over in the Weddings forum come the new year :o

He told me we've to do out xmas presents 2 weeks before we normally would(Xmas Eve is the norm)- don't think it's a coincidence that we're having both families up for drinks on the 21st!

False alarm!!!!

He's taking me to New York to see a Broadway show in Feb :o:o:o

Still over the moon with my present though :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Wow. That really is something else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

False alarm!!!!

That's still a lovely present! And nice to have something to look forward to after Christmas! :D

I wish someone would whisk me away! Mr. CL is not great with the presents - he tries, God love him. :rolleyes:

CheerLouth wrote: »

I wish someone would whisk me away! Mr. CL is not great with the presents - he tries, God love him. :rolleyes:

Mr Lollipops is really good at them to be fair- I'm very excited about it!! Now to make sure I have enough space on the credit card for shopping....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

False alarm!!!!

Our engagement happened on a trip my husband brought me on for my birthday so you never know! That sounds like such an amazing trip. Excellent present buying.

False alarm!!!!

NY is very romantic. Tiffney's!!

My backup proposal idea had been to do it in NY after/during a horse draw carriage ride around Central Park.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    Actually, I've just remembered that I'm even more forgetful about Christmas Lego than usual.

I entered a raffle at a Lego event and won the 2018 staff Christmas set this summer. Built it and put it back in its box (box is big enough to store it built) for use as decoration.

Now I’m seriously jealous, firstly of all your original winter village stuff (I’m new to being able to afford any 😠and now of that fab decoration!) please post a pick of your village!

TRS30 wrote: »
    That is bad ass!

As a Lego family, granddad, kids and grandkids, I’ll have to show them this and I know they will be very jealous.

Found a rare Maersk train on eBay for my Dad which I know he has been looking for. Can’t wait to see his face on Christmas Day :)

Becareful I showed the neighbours kids last year and this year they have started an expensive collection :) it’s such a lovely tradition though, this year was there first year my kids were begging me to set it up, my little lad adores the moving train and my 6yr old little girl built the gingerbread house with me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I put alot of thought into pressies for Mrs Beer.

I found this blanket, that has an electric blanket in it. Found it on a thing when researching menopause. So I've taken a screen shot of the page, and stuck it to the box!
    Next pressie, a Panasonic steam iron. Best job ever, says everyone. Better than the stone age hot rock we currently have.
    And finally, before she calls the funeral home, a bottle of Joe Malone.

Becareful I showed the neighbours kids last year and this year they have started an expensive collection :) it’s such a lovely tradition though, this year was there first year my kids were begging me to set it up, my little lad adores the moving train and my 6yr old little girl built the gingerbread house with me.

Yes, Lego is very very expensive!

My Dad builds the Technic stuff with the motors and trains are his passion. He lets the grandkids drive them, play with them as one of the great things about Lego is that is it pretty impossible to break. Elf2 is nearly three and has now developed a love of trains and constantly wants to go to Granddad's house to drive the Lego trains.

He was devastated when we arrived on Sunday to find that Granny had forced Granddad to put his trains away as she wanted her dinning room table back for Christmas. Crisis was averted as we put together a quick loop in the garage so he was happy with that (Granddad & Elf 2) :)

We will have a separate Lego building table set up in our toy room for Christmas Day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

We're putting up the Christmas tree in the living room listening to Christmas FM. I took the decorations down and we started on the conservatory yesterday, getting the tree up first. :D Kelly Clarkson's My Grown Up Christmas List is a lovely Christmas song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Had work done in the house so now the big clean up begins! Will be lucky to get decorations down by the weekend.

We're putting decs up tonight- well, myself and flatmate are. Mr Lollipops likes when they're up, but hates putting them up.

I've also been sneaking bits in over the last week or so- a new Xmas Yankee candle, red lanterns and an xmas bouquet....he hasn't noticed yet!

We're putting decs up tonight- well, myself and flatmate are. Mr Lollipops likes when they're up, but hates putting them up.

I've also been sneaking bits in over the last week or so- a new Xmas Yankee candle, red lanterns and an xmas bouquet....he hasn't noticed yet!

You sound like my wife. She got a new reindeer and small light up tree. She says nothing hoping I wouldn't notice. I give out mainly because of the money she spends however secretly don't really mind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

My MIL texted me today to ask my opinion on whether she should go with green/red or blue/silver for her Christmas tree. I replied “Green/red/blue/silver”. My own parents’ Christmas tree is comically uncoordinated and I LOVE IT! The more colours, the better as far as I’m concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

That Lego winter wonderland is amazing!!

I keeps thinking there is something missing in our new house, perhaps not as many Christmas decorations! I'd usually cover the window sills with fairy lights and then cotton wool on top but I skipped the lights cuz of the toddler so I think that could be it :( also there is no mantlepiece above stove which I miss for Christmas decorations. Any suggestions? Also what do you do for 'outdoors' I usually line the windows with coloured fairy lights but I don't feel that would be enough for some reason....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement