Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Just got up from the table, I could barely walk. Organised dinner early as in-laws were due to call but they’ve been delayed so now we are all thrown on the couches watching Harry Potter, happy out 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Happy Christmas to all you lovely cheery people! Hope you’ve had a lovely dinner and are stuffed to the gills or if, like me, you are still waiting to eat that the dinner is epic!! It smells so good here...trying not to drool!

Watching singin in the rain with the tree lighting next to me, this is what it’s all about!

Relax, eat, drink and be merry :-)

leahyl wrote: »
    Happy Christmas to all you lovely cheery people! Hope you’ve had a lovely dinner and are stuffed to the gills or if, like me, you are still waiting to eat that the dinner is epic!! It smells so good here...trying not to drool!

Watching singin in the rain with the tree lighting next to me, this is what it’s all about!

Relax, eat, drink and be merry :-)

Enjoy your dinner 😁

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Dinner is done, most stuff squeezed into the fridge and we’re all chilling out. Grandad is gone to bed in a food coma and we’re all sitting down

Happy Christmas everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Happy Christmas. I'm afraid I come from a family where dinner is in the evening time so I am famished waiting. Resisting the urge to sneak open a large bag of crisps ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Merry Christmas everyone! I’m exhausted but very happy! We do a canapé lunch for the in laws at 1 so still on the couch debating what time dinner will be as we’re all still stuffed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

First time cooking Christmas dinner and it was absolutely delicious :D It's our first Christmas married so we said we'd start a new tradition and stay home. Sooooo full now but off to my parent's for trifle :D There's always room for trifle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Brother his wife and son here now.

Showing us what Santa got him.

V nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Posy wrote: »
    Hope everyone is having a great day. :D

My turkey is in the oven, some presents are open and some still waiting to be unwrapped. The dog is going mad trying to get a festive ribbon off her head and playing with her squeaky toys. The dishwasher is already on with the first load and the table is being laid for the dinner. I'm still wearing my Christmas pyjamas so better get dressed soon!

Thank you to everyone who posts here regularly and those who pop by to say hello. We have a great bunch of people here and I hope it's a great day for you all. You all truly make this the best forum on boards from January to December.

I hope you are feeling better today, and that the antibiotics have kicked in, Stripedboxers. You deserve a special Christmas after the year you've had.

Merry Christmas to you all! xx
    Thank you so much Posy <3 I'm doing well, antibiotics are starting to work thankfully so hopefully by the weekend I'll be right as rain. Fingers crossed.
    Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Happy Christmas. I'm afraid I come from a family where dinner is in the evening time so I am famished waiting. Resisting the urge to sneak open a large bag of crisps ...
    Same here, I love having my dinner in the evening though :)

Hope you're all having a great day & evening, hope Santa was good to you all :) xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Mind bigger than belly - always the way. Cats were pleased with the leftover bits of turkey though.

Jellybear good to start as you mean to go on. Friend I know travels at least 2-3 hours each Christmas to his parents or hers. I feel sorry for the kids being dragged out on Xmas morning to face that journey.

• Advertisement

Homo Alone watching Home Alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Christmas everyone, I’ve enjoyed this thread/forum this year and I look forward to posting in it next year. Hope you all had a wonderful day and ate and drank too much :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Homo Alone watching Home Alone

I’m watching it too :D

jellybear wrote: »
    First time cooking Christmas dinner and it was absolutely delicious :D It's our first Christmas married so we said we'd start a new tradition and stay home. Sooooo full now but off to my parent's for trifle :D There's always room for trifle!

Good for you, we spent too many years on the road each Christmas Day. We stopped it when my dad died six years ago - nowadays we do not leave the house on Christmas. Today it was just the four of us for dinner - myself, OH and our 2 daughters. In laws called for an hour in the afternoon which was nice. We’ve spent the day relaxing and watching movies etc and it’s wonderful.

Autosport wrote: »
    I’m watching it too :D

Now watching Sara Cox and SAW on BBC Red Button

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Watching IT, love horrors and even Christmas can’t dampen that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Hope everyone had a magical Christmas!
    I'm so full I feel nauseous but I must say I am incredibly happy :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Had a wonderful day with friends and family and a helluva feast. Heading to bed now as work in the morning.

Merry Christmas all!

Heading to bed shortly, exhausted from the over indulgence of the day. My vegetarian husband is standing in the kitchen carving slices of glazed ham which he declares to be delicious :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

a so so xmas, nothing special...at my age they seem to be coming around too soon

• Advertisement

My Xmas 2017

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Heading to bed shortly, exhausted from the over indulgence of the day. My vegetarian husband is standing in the kitchen carving slices of glazed ham which he declares to be delicious :rolleyes:

According to Nana Royle, as long as it's wafer thin ham it doesn't count :D

We have a family tradition of not eating meat on Stephenszzs Day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Films watched on Christmas Day: ‘Finding Nemo’, ‘ET’ (for the very first time - LOVED it!), ‘Brooklyn’ and ‘Terminator 2’.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I managed to get a viewing of Die Hard in today before all the soaps took over. Love Die Hard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

We managed to watch Finding Nemo, Polar Express and caught the end of Babe and Home Alone.

Currently watching Fr Ted. It never gets old :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Just after coming around from a food coma sleep:D Happy Christmas all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,757 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Happy Saint Stephen's day!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy St Stephen's Day, freshpopcorn! :)
    Loughc wrote: »
    I managed to get a viewing of Die Hard in today before all the soaps took over. Love Die Hard!
    I'm so jealous. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Just after coming around from a food coma sleep:D Happy Christmas all

Me too :D and contemplating whether or not to have something else to eat now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement