Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hope the coming year is a happy , healthy one for everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

A very Happy and Healthy 2020 to everyone here, very best wishes.

Happy New Year everyone!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Loughc wrote: »
    We have people calling into us for NYE, last year that happened it was 5.30am before I went to bed, let's hope it's not a repeat this year! tongue.png

I've changed the outdoor projection from Christmas to New Year images. I don't really like New Years myself - a lot of hype and I find it quite lonely, as it always makes me think of loved ones no longer with us. It'll be bed before midnight here (unless someone calls like happened the last two years).

I've only one thing to say to you both:

giphy.gifrelease-the-hounds.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Got back yesterday from 4 days in Kerry. The index finger was waved off me, I was on all the small roads to Annauscaul, Dingle and Killarney. A great time had though.

Ventured up to M&S in liffey valley this evening for my annual vintage cava bottles. No sign. Enquiries were made, they had to drop 4 bottles due to Brexit and supplies. I was devastated. So much so, I bought sushi in Avoca as opposed to making them. Another ritual gone.

Ah well, the easy life it is. I'm trying to convince myself I'd have spent the same on raw ingredients. Course I would. Bed by 11 again, no problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy new year to everyone- I hope 2020 is a good one for us all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

80653321_2674308182645688_6045660678121848832_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=4UjBVgc_RrgAQmKR4u0s4_6rcwF8fEwz2f6H9KqVEHR9TAYA5oHtIFsGw&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=8a3c220dff13ffa50d7cffb7a91da2d0&oe=5EAE1CF1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Happy New Year to you all.

Happiest tread on Boards, an escape from the daily grind talking about all Christmasy 365 days a year with likeminded Christmas fanatics, can't get enough of checking in daily to see everyone's progress in the build up to the big day.

thanks so much for keeping the magic alive.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

A happy and healthy new year to you all! :)

New decade making me feel ancient already. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Happy new year everyone ! Wow it’s 2020!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy New Year to one and all :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Given the year that we are now in this might be appropriate.

https://youtu.be/2De5rlG9KUo

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy new year everyone. Let’s make 2020 a great one.

Happy 2020 - the year of great vision :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well we're into the 350's!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So any New Years resolutions elves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,446 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Dont do resolutions tbh. I just try to be more understanding and patient each year with a view to leading a less stressful life, it didnt work last year with it probably being the most stressful work year I've had but I'll start off with the best of intentions and a clean slate and see where it leads.

Just finished packing away all the Christmas decorations there a few minutes ago ( unknown about the 6th jan, but I say this every year, we just prefer to have everything done before heading back to work) and for the first time in as long as I can remember I didnt feel down in the dumps doing so, so that's a decent omen for the dreary early months of the year...

So the plan is to stay positive, look forward more and back less, get my fitness back and try to be more comfortable in my own skin. Lifes too short and with the years going as fast as they are I need to slow down and take a look around once in awhile.

To those back in work tomorrow, enjoy! Or at least just get through it in one piece! Not back until Monday myself and intend to enjoy a relaxing few days before then.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Dont do resolutions tbh. I just try to be more understanding and patient each year with a view to leading a less stressful life, it didnt work last year with it probably being the most stressful work year I've had but I'll start off with the best of intentions and a clean slate and see where it leads.

Just finished packing away all the Christmas decorations there a few minutes ago ( unknown about the 6th jan, but I say this every year, we just prefer to have everything done before heading back to work) and for the first time in as long as I can remember I didnt feel down in the dumps doing so, so that's a decent omen for the dreary early months of the year...

So the plan is to stay positive, look forward more and back less, get my fitness back and try to be more comfortable in my own skin. Lifes too short and with the years going as fast as they are I need to slow down and take a look around once in awhile.

To those back in work tomorrow, enjoy! Or at least just get through it in one piece! Not back until Monday myself and intend to enjoy a relaxing few days before then.

Wow. Honestly DVB I could have written that word for word. I have the exact same sentiments.

I don’t do resolutions but my goal for 2020 is to not be as stressed as I was in 2019. Life is wayyyyy too short there’s more things in life than work so it’s time to enjoy those things.

Time goes too fast so it’s time to enjoy things more especially the build up to Christmas in particular November.

I’m back to work tomorrow myself not too dreadful as I logged on for about 5 hours yesterday so that broke the fear. This year I think I’ll start my Christmas holidays a day earlier and work the 30th to break up the hols and break up the fear.

Decorations coming down Sunday. I need them for Thursday and Friday. :)

Loughc wrote: »
    So any New Years resolutions elves?

Where to start? I’ve Had a rough few years since my disastrous knee surgery back in 2017. I’ve finally been told that there is no more can be done so I’m left with a permanently stiff leg. It’s taken a bit of time to absorb this but I’m determined to make the most of it in 2020. I’m back in the gym and steering towards strength training as cardio is a bit too difficult for me. I have gained a lot of weight since my surgery so that needs to go as it’s really not helping. I’ll be taking it one day at a time and hoping for the best. I also want to try and develop a more positive attitude overall as it really does help. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone whatever your resolution.

• Advertisement

I'm starting taking piano lessons next week, after doing a beginners class for a few weeks in Nov/Dec. :)

I'm also saving up to buy my first car, and I'm hoping to get my kitchen done up in the spring.

I've also spent the afternoon looking up sun holidays.

It seems my resolution for 2020 is not to have any money whatsoever. :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    I'm starting taking piano lessons next week, after doing a beginners class for a few weeks in Nov/Dec. :)

I'm also saving up to buy my first car, and I'm hoping to get my kitchen done up in the spring.

Love it, hope you achieve all of these Posy. Being broke is much easier if you’re happy :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I finally had a pig out. Still on only 3 chocolate sweets, didn't touch any selection boxes. But we hosted the family today, steamed veg, baked salmon, and hassleback potatoes cooked in butter, garlic, milk and cream. Oh my god, they are amazing.

That’s too funny I actually spent a good chunk of yesterday googling piano lessons. I had (Naive) visions of being able to play a couple of Christmas songs on the piano this December :pac:

Waltons do a 10 week beginner course and at the end of mine I had learned to play Good King Wenceslas and Silent Night. :)

Waltons do a 10 week beginner course and at the end of mine I had learned to play Good King Wenceslas and Silent Night. :)

I’m in :)

\o/

Watching the Celebrity Crystal Maze Christmas special and the fear has well and truly gripped. I’m not prepared to say goodbye to my holidays just yet :(

I was back in on Tuesday, so have already been eased in.

At least once tomorrow's out of the way, it will be Friday and the weekend. :)

• Advertisement

I was back in on Tuesday, so have already been eased in.

At least once tomorrow's out of the way, it will be Friday and the weekend. :)

Very true. Roll on the weekend haha.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement