Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Happy Stepheneseses Day! :P

CE9_BDB2_B-6_BBF-4_E36-_B296-3_DF9338276_D7.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy St Stephens Day everyone.

It’s essentially Christmas Day part 2 for my family. Everyone around and full dinner again. Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Happy Christmas and St Stephens Day to all! Looks like you all had a lovely day yesterday. Had a great day with the family and all was well. In the comfy clothes today and going to relax in front of the tv for most (all) of the day. :D Hope you all have a great St Stephen’s Day. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Happy laze around and eat everything day!

Sadly my nephew was sick yesterday (in fairness to the kid, he was an absolute trooper) and he has spread it throughout the family. Hoping that we’ll all be okay for a nice dinner later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Only up a half an hour ago. Stayed up until 6am watching box sets of various dramas from all4. TV was really bad this Christmas . Will have to stock up on dvds for next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Happy laze around and eat everything day!

Sadly my nephew was sick yesterday (in fairness to the kid, he was an absolute trooper) and he has spread it throughout the family. Hoping that we’ll all be okay for a nice dinner later.

The poor pet. Extra treats for him when he's up for it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Only up a half an hour ago. Stayed up until 6am watching box sets of various dramas from all4. TV was really bad this Christmas . Will have to stock up on dvds for next year.

TV was shocking this year. I’m back home so I don’t have the luxury of on demand or WiFi haha. I spend ages just channel surfing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Happy Stephens day! I hope everyone had a fantastic christmas. I slept for hours tis morning just up chilling in my pj's watching beauty and the beast Mr glitz is still on toy assembling duty :p:) I'll catch up on all the posts later on this evening :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Guys. We were so cheeky here. S had been suggesting for weeks that we set up a camera on Christmas Eve to take a photo of Santa leaving the presents. So on Christmas eve we bought a magic elf cam and set it up. Santa seemed ok with it though.
    10nwz8j.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

iguana wrote: »
    Guys. We were so cheeky here. S had been suggesting for weeks that we set up a camera on Christmas Eve to take a photo of Santa leaving the presents. So on Christmas eve we bought a magic elf cam and set it up. Santa seemed ok with it though.
    10nwz8j.png

That is absolutely brilliant. Your wonderful creative imagination never ceases to impress me!!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Who ever was in charge of tv listings on rte areir, must have shares in an oflicence. Nothing but crap on. I definitely ate and drank a lot less than other years. Had a good system going in the kitchen, wash and dry everything after its been used, so the place was kinda kept clean. Must have gone through a dozen tea towels! And I was sweating buckets by the time dinner was served. Always wondered why my man would shower and put on fresh clothes before a dinner party. It's only now it makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Awake since 3 here as my youngest is sick and although she was fine yesterday it was all for show! We did second Christmas again this year, started last year with my youngest was too sick to enjoy Christmas so we kept half the gifts to open on Stephens day. I came down early, turned on all the lights and music, and then they come down to a pile of gifts! It’s a lovely way to spread the fun

Now watching Netflix and wondering how it’s only 2:30 and what time we’ll have dinner at, though I ate enough yesterday to last a week, some of my new dresses won’t fit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Hope the youngest gets better soon RDB.
    Our younger daughter (nearly 3) woke at 5 this morning on fire with a temperature but seems to have improved since then.
    Thankfully both girls slept until nearly 9 this morning so we had a great lie-in.
    Still in our jammies at 2.45. Bliss.
    The girls are playing with their new toys and I'm munching on a bacon and sausage sandwich with a mug of coffee.
    The only thing I need to worry about today is ramming all the packaging and wrapping paper j to the green bin for collection tomorrow!! :D

10nwz8j.png

Wow wow wow iguana that’s amazing!!! Such wonderful imagination you really are making so many wonderful memories and traditions for S. it’s so lovely to see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

10nwz8j.png

Well done Iguana, that’s pure genius.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's brilliant, Iguana! What a magical time for your lucky little boy. :)

I'm being incredibly lazy today! The older I get, the more I enjoy Stephen's Day!

I haven’t even left my mam’s yet and she’s at this.

sqrpfq.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Loughc wrote: »
    TV was shocking this year. I’m back home so I don’t have the luxury of on demand or WiFi haha. I spend ages just channel surfing!

Christmas day was good, lots of great films to choose from. But today is shockin’.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy St Stephens day everyone :) today in our house is Christmas Day part 2 and so another big dinner was had :D currently in a food coma again “will I ever learn” Loving all the films on this year. I’m not a Harry potter fan and plenty on to keep me occupied :)

Jaysus I haven’t stopped eating all day.

i6a3xi.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Don't forget the Nathan Carter Christmas Special is on tonight at 9.20 - probably best to turn your TV off at 9.15 in case it starts early.

Don't forget the Nathan Carter Christmas Special is on tonight at 9.20 - probably best to turn your TV off at 9.15 in case it starts early.

I love this haha!!

Working tomorrow! Kinda glad tbf

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hahahahahahaha. :D

We had the best Christmas dinner part 2 and the baby nephew was in great form! Thankfully we’ve all recovered.

Watching the Big Fat Quiz and eating everything in sight. After my huge dinner today I was still starving. I think my stomach has expanded because of the all the eating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

All over tomorrow so. Kinda normal service resumes, or no one gives a hoot anymore and are knackered and too full!

That's awful.

All over tomorrow so. Kinda normal service resumes, or no one gives a hoot anymore and are knackered and too full!

That's awful.

Nope! Christmas has just begun. I think it’s what you make of it and I’ll still be celebrating. Don’t care what other people think. We’re dropping into Aldi in the morning to see if they have any cheap turkeys. Christmas dinner all over again.

Thanks guys but it was just an idea S had (think he got it off youtube or a cartoon) and there's an app that let me do it fairly easily. We had a nice lazy day before watching Home Alone in bed with hot chocolate. We're off to the cinema with friends tomorrow and then it's off to the in laws for a few days. That will be great fun as S has twin cousins just a few months older than him and I love it when the three of them get together and we have a trip to the Wild Lights at the zoo planned for the 29th.

Family makes Christmas, especially the children. My nieces and nephews made this Christmas for me!

• Advertisement

I heard it featured a cover of Fairytale of New York. That sounds even worse than Ronan Keating's cover.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement