Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I didn't buy much Christmas confectionery, given that I still have two unopened Easter eggs it's probably no harm.

Pringles on the other hand, my major downfall.

This afternoon is crawling, I want to break free!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    Dreading taking mine down tomorrow :(

Love the glow from it.

As for work Kitten_k it’ll be fine. I promise :)

giphy.gif

Mental day!! Thank god its over.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    Mental day!! Thank god its over.

:eek:

Tomorrow... tomorrow will be a better day :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭kitten_k

:eek:

Tomorrow... tomorrow will be a better day :pac:

That plan for tomorrow is to tackle my emails! I need to have them all arranged into separate folders for each client or else I wouldn’t be able to find anything but was too busy before Christmas that they are all still sitting in my inbox!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

kitten_k wrote: »
    That plan for tomorrow is to tackle my emails! I need to have them all arranged into separate folders for each client or else I wouldn’t be able to find anything but was too busy before Christmas that they are all still sitting in my inbox!

I had no access to my work emails today !! Oh well, what I can’t see :) have to get IT on to it.

• Advertisement

TRS30 wrote: »
    Back to the grind today like many. Been easing myself in the last hour on here :)

Had a nice, if slightly more hectic,couple of weeks off. I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and New Year. Starting back to work seemed like the right time to come out my online break.

To be honest has been a manic few days so needed to come on here for some cheering up. Woke up to some bad news on Saturday, that my uncle had fallen down the stairs during the night and was in A&E (seems to be ok thank God). My wife's brother ended up in A&E as well on Saturday so we were in with him most of the evening till 1am (very sad story that wouldn't bring everyone down with). Then when we were in there Elf2 feel off a kitchen chair so ended up in Temple Street with him Sunday morning (fractured elbow). These things always happen in threes ah!! All will be fine, which is the most important thing.

Taking down of decoration has been delayed so will start tonight with Christmas FM on the app to help get through it.

Anyway, better check the emails and do a bit of work!

Ps. is great to be back :)

Sorry to hear about your family members. It doesn’t rain but it pours. Hope all are doing better now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Day 1 down. Roll on the weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

82016421_173869887148512_6886722979573530624_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=e25MTKu7b5YAQl7k_2NUci4vvz7ZyEB252lnNusSWWgQtl5B4XvyngAOQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=3ff111edad2ac1de2b79f9f4b34a6e80&oe=5EB1F6B9

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

As do I :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

82016421_173869887148512_6886722979573530624_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=e25MTKu7b5YAQl7k_2NUci4vvz7ZyEB252lnNusSWWgQtl5B4XvyngAOQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=3ff111edad2ac1de2b79f9f4b34a6e80&oe=5EB1F6B9
    As do I :(

Still another hour or so until it`s officially over.

• Advertisement

Lights are still up in the town I live in :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Well Christmas will soon officially be over even though I will be keeping my tree and decorations up until next weekend. I live in a rural area and there are just 3 houses including mine in the laneway leading to the main road. My nearest neighbour never puts up any tree or decorations from one year to the next so for me it won`t seem so out of place to have mine still up for the extra few days. At the other end of the scale the people living nearest the road put their decorations up at the end of November but as far as I can see everything was taken down earlier today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Hello again everyone,
    Happy New Year,
    May it bring you health and all the best !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

otnomart wrote: »
    Hello again everyone,
    Happy New Year,
    May it bring you health and all the best !

Same to you and well come back. Only resurfaced myself yesterday so good to see everyone back :)

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your family members. It doesn’t rain but it pours. Hope all are doing better now.

Thanks. All are doing ok and on the mend.

Went to visit sisters brother in hospital last night so Operation take down decoration will run for another night. Left main tree and outside lights up so got their last outing last night, will be down tonight. Forgot to put Christmas FM on so will try to remember tonight. House looks so bare :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Today was the Friday-est Wednesday ever! Can't believe there's two more working days left. Looks like I'll have to work Friday after all :'(

Hope everyone is well. I still haven't managed to take the tree down yet but what harm!

Caranica wrote: »
    Today was the Friday-est Wednesday ever! Can't believe there's two more working days left. Looks like I'll have to work Friday after all :'(

Hope everyone is well. I still haven't managed to take the tree down yet but what harm!

I have 3 more working days to go. January is a busy month for us.

It absolutely does feel like a long week so far. But head down we can do this.

Also I’m so jealous you still have your tree up. I miss mine so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

I put up the last of the Christmas decorations up to the attic this evening. It's strange to see the house so bare now, so much bigger. On the plus side they'll all be coming back down again near the end of the year. Happy New Year everyone, have a great 2020. It'll be another super fast year I can tell it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Have been in full cocooning/hygge mode !

Over the years I have given cherry stone pillows as gifts - but never got one for myself, so decided to treat myself this time, and is lovely, expecially for neck tension.

Have been reading about weighted blankets, has anyone tried them ?

otnomart wrote: »
    Have been reading about weighted blankets, has anyone tried them ?

Haven't used one myself but heard they're very comforting and relaxing.

• Advertisement

This is me getting through this week in work.

https://twitter.com/709seetheerise/status/1214589335825264643?s=21

So decoration all done, everything back in the attic and shed. Remembered to put the couple of Halloween boxes in last as will be first out! Only realised how much new stuff we got this year when trying to get it all back into the same space!! We decided that next year we are going to get some of those big storage boxes and pack all the decorations in those, one for lights, one for tree decorations etc.

Anyone have any interesting new years resolutions??

One of mine was to post some pictures on here (i.e. learn how to post after my Christmas tree pictures disaster!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I had a dream last night, it was Friday, I was so disappointed when I woke up and realised it was only Thursday. Although that said, I'm finding the week is going quick enough! Still literally counting down the minutes until the weekend!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I had a dream last night, it was Friday, I was so disappointed when I woke up and realised it was only Thursday. Although that said, I'm finding the week is going quick enough! Still literally counting down the minutes until the weekend!

I thought that this morning was Friday too... still finding it hard to keep track of what day it is. Body clock is still all over the place.

Can we not just go back to the simpler times of PJs, cheese and chocolate.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

We still have our tree up as well, just haven't had time to take it down so the lights are still getting plugged in when I'm in the living room :D Might squeeze Thursday & Friday out of it and then take it down at the weekend. Sad times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Funnily enough I'm completely over Christmas, normally getting to this stage takes me well into January (if not February) but for whatever reasons this year I'm done & just looking forward to seeing what the year ahead brings. I'm sure theres good & bad days in the pipeline but for the here & now I'm feeling positive & have no real blues or nostalgia tinted flashbacks to deal with!

Wish every year was like this!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Funnily enough I'm completely over Christmas, normally getting to this stage takes me well into January (if not February) but for whatever reasons this year I'm done & just looking forward to seeing what the year ahead brings. I'm sure theres good & bad days in the pipeline but for the here & now I'm feeling positive & have no real blues or nostalgia tinted flashbacks to deal with!

Think because it has been so busy since Christmas with so much going on that already it seems like it was ages ago! This has probably helped get over any post Christmas blues and similarly didn't feel so melancholy putting the decoration away last night and was more focused on thinking ahead to getting the house cleaned out and thoughts drifting to the spring and summer and jobs to do in the garden etc.

DvB wrote: »

I was fine until the tree came down, then the blues hit, the rain isn't helping either.

However what is helping is walks at night when it's not raining. Completely clears the head.

So my mam is a bit.. I don't know, I suppose 'high-brow'. She enjoys things with a political storyline or historically correct films etc. My dad loves old westerns and action films.

Yesterday my mam told me Netflix is crap. I asked why she thinks that and she said all it ever shows is war and action movies. I said 'thats because you're using dad's account'.

So then she and my dad tell me that they went into it one day and it was showing a load of Christmas movies. (They DEFINITELY went into my account!!) So she says "we watched one and if was awful." And my dad joins in "oh yeah it was terrible but we stuck it out!".

Turns out they'd watched Christmas Inheritance. A total guilty pleasure of mine but admittedly utter trash. I can't stop chuckling to myself at the thought of my parents watching it.

My mum said she thought it was going to be a creepy thriller when she saw the lead guy and his awful hair! :D And my dad can't believe the lead girl didn't know what a feckin' hot water bottle is. :D

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I was over in Brussels on a day trip for work today. Arrived in the airport and there was only one or two decorations visible but in the city centre there's still loads up! They were also still taking apart the Christmas market. City centre is like a bomb site though because they're also in the process of pedestrianising it so imagine Dublin City Centre when the LUAS works were ongoing but on a larger scale in more streets.
    Anyway, back to the airport and in the departures area and duty free, all the decorations are still hanging. Nice to get a little unexpected Christmas fix before I got on my flight back :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement