Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's snowing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Yep, we had some snowfall at the train station this morning. Didn't stick though unfortunately. My god was it cold though.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cold start to the morning here too... doesn't seem like we'll get a proper snow day this Winter tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

No, it was raining here a minute ago and I thought it was cold enough for it to turn sleety but it's cleared up now. No harm, I really don't want to see any snow!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CheerLouth wrote: »
    No, it was raining here a minute ago and I thought it was cold enough for it to turn sleety but it's cleared up now. No harm, I really don't want to see any snow!

I love snow... and I really love snow that results in days off work and ChristmasFM returning for one day :P

I should clarify I only like snow for 2 days... then I want normal life to resume :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I don't mind snow as in real snow which makes it impossible to travel anywhere. I hate the horrid skifty snow that is just a shower but makes the roads really dangerous & people still expect me to travel.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'd love to be snowed in for a week :P

I don't mind snow as in real snow which makes it impossible to travel anywhere. I hate the horrid skifty snow that is just a shower but makes the roads really dangerous & people still expect me to travel.

Agree, all or nothing, the in between stuff just makes life miserable.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

100%. The last proper snow, I was able to work from home so wasn't too bad. My car did slip out of the driveway though :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Bitterly cold here in North Dublin my heating is on the blink too we had an issue with the heating last week we thought it was fixed the gas guy is here now so fingers crossed

All the talk of the good on here has me hungry I hope the gas guy finishes soon so I can get my dinner on

• Advertisement

SarahLil wrote: »
    Bitterly cold here in North Dublin my heating is on the blink too we had an issue with the heating last week we thought it was fixed the gas guy is here now so fingers crossed

All the talk of the good on here has me hungry I hope the gas guy finishes soon so I can get my dinner on

Hope you got sorted.

Reminds me the big snow before last one (2011??) we came back from Oslo on a Sunday night and was snowing when we got home. Into freezing house as no heating on when we were away, boiler packed it in :( . Had no heating for about 5 days. This was pre kids so we both stayed in the office till late every night, just for some warmth.

We're into the 320's!

We're into the 320's!

Oh wow so that means before February is even over we will be into the 200’s!!

Loughc wrote: »

Great minds, was just thinking the same when I was in the countdown thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I haven't been logging into my normal boards accounts as was playing WW over in the Forum games forum so delighted to log in today and see so many posts to catch up on!

Is March 1st not day 299? Asking for a friend:pac:

DvB wrote: »

Tell your friend, I believe 1st Mar is 298 (my math could be off though!).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

DvB wrote: »
    I think you're right, DvB.

Posy wrote: »
    I think you're right, DvB.

Yep he is. I did my maths wrong. Which is a tad bit embarrassing :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's February!! :D

• Advertisement

tenor.png

Happy February Elves

attachment.php?attachmentid=501611&d=1580519951

We made it! Happy 3rd of February everyone!!

I don’t count the weekend days they go too quick :P

Love this

attachment.php?attachmentid=501648&d=1580588287

I love that Kitten K.

So how’s everyone’s February going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I’m a touch better today , did consider the out of hours doc during the night. I pity older people / young children who have this. Its the worst.

Out last night for my sisters birthday, had a thai meal and a few pale ales so my feb has started by double downing on my january weight gain... seriously need to get my act together.
    Off out for a long walk now with the family though, looks like a lovely day for it.

Beautiful day here today too. The pooch with be getting an extra long walk in today.

Wow that day turned quickly. Thankfully we got the walk in before it started raining!!

• Advertisement

Wow that day turned quickly. Thankfully we got the walk in before it started raining!!

Same. Couldn't believe the rain as we drove to my sons hurling tournament this afternoon, it was really chucking it down. Hope it's not like that tomorrow going to work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement