Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    Yes DVB double decker. That’s a great choice!

Wrong thread methinks:D Now if only you were a Mod & could move it ;)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Wrong thread methinks:D Now if only you were a Mod & could move it ;)

No correct thread as I didn’t want to bring the red robin off topic and I didn’t have a follow up question ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Also a random thought but why is Christmas pronounced more like Chris-Miss than Christ-Mass?

Chris-mus

No correct thread as I didn’t want to bring the red robin off topic and I didn’t have a follow up question ;)

Touche, will let that go so :D
    Especially with our shared love of double deckers!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Snow in Louth! Between this and the election results, my Monday is ruined :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Absolutely bucketing down snow here now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Little flurries of snow here in Sligo. Also sleet, halestones and fierce wind and rain.

Was lashing down here in D4 just after lunch but sun out now.

Dried up again here - hope it stays like that. It's to be colder again tomorrow so would sooner the roads had a chance to dry out rather than just become ice rinks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,754 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're into the 310's also!(A day late I know)

• Advertisement

So much snow here this morning :( Working up the nerve to take the kids to school. Waiting on the traffic to clear so that hopefully I won't have to deal with eejits on the roads - wish me luck!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    So much snow here this morning :( Working up the nerve to take the kids to school. Waiting on the traffic to clear so that hopefully I won't have to deal with eejits on the roads - wish me luck!

We had heavy snow this morning but it stopped lively and dried up quickly. Hopefully it was the same for you.

Roads were full of eejits this morning here so take care everyone!

Roads were full of eejits this morning here so take care everyone!

Unfortunately the roads appear to be full of idiots most of the time now & not just in poor weather conditions.

Just back now. School run that is normally a 20 minute round trip just took me about 50 minutes. I was literally crawling as the school is on a single carriage way country lane - you couldn't call it a road really. But anyway, both kids delivered to their respective school/creche and I'm back now with a cup of tea.

Just back now. School run that is normally a 20 minute round trip just took me about 50 minutes. I was literally crawling as the school is on a single carriage way country lane - you couldn't call it a road really. But anyway, both kids delivered to their respective school/creche and I'm back now with a cup of tea.

Enjoy the cuppa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

HI all, back from a mini online hiatus since late last week. Wife had to go to America short notice for a funeral so was Daddy daycare the last few days. Thank God, she was back this morning. All kids in one piece so mission accomplished! Decided to use the few days for a social media/online black out, used my time (when not looking after kids, doing domestic things) to start reading a book I've wanted to start for ages and do a few jobs around the house. Was nice not having phone/laptop/ PC for a few days.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and is surviving the every changing weather!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

My driving lesson was cancelled today due to the bad weather. There's a weather warning in effect until Midnight tonight. That might be increased if the trend continues. Wrap up well people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

TRS30 wrote: »
    HI all, back from a mini online hiatus since late last week. Wife had to go to America short notice for a funeral so was Daddy daycare the last few days. Thank God, she was back this morning. All kids in one piece so mission accomplished! Decided to use the few days for a social media/online black out, used my time (when not looking after kids, doing domestic things) to start reading a book I've wanted to start for ages and do a few jobs around the house. Was nice not having phone/laptop/ PC for a few days.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and is surviving the every changing weather!

Sorry to hear about your OH's loss. Hope the kid's appreciated all the Christmas movies you put on for them?

I have been offline a few days too, had a bout of gastro. I am smashing my goals for Christmas pudding to cracker but its false loss as its all the good stuff and when I am back up and around I will put it all on again.

Snow at home I believe!

Brief snow showers is all Jude. Nothing to write home about. We need to pin all our hopes of a snow event for winter 20/21 now.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your OH's loss. Hope the kid's appreciated all the Christmas movies you put on for them?

I have been offline a few days too, had a bout of gastro. I am smashing my goals for Christmas pudding to cracker but its false loss as its all the good stuff and when I am back up and around I will put it all on again.

Snow at home I believe!

Thanks Jude. She was very close to her aunt and had gone to America every summer from when was about 12 till the kids arrived a few years ago.

No Christmas movies in the end however we did about 3 Christmas jigsaws and I found some Christmas cake down the back of a press so we had that.

Also took them to Newbridge house to go out on their bikes and we were walking by the reindeer, so told them where Santa's reindeer and were having a break after Christmas. Little lad (3!) wanted to know where Rudolph was as none had red noses. Told him he preferred warmer weather so was in Spain. Then eldest asked was he not lonely on his own!!

My web of lies was threatening to entangle me so had break out the chocolate to change the subject!!!

• Advertisement

Chocolate is the answer to all questions - except the Easter Bunny :( My little girl asked me the other day why did I put the Easter eggs out in the garden last Easter for the egg hunt instead of the Easter Bunny. I refuse to do the Easter Bunny but also don't want her to go into school and ruin it on other children!

Chocolate is the answer to all questions - except the Easter Bunny :( My little girl asked me the other day why did I put the Easter eggs out in the garden last Easter for the egg hunt instead of the Easter Bunny. I refuse to do the Easter Bunny but also don't want her to go into school and ruin it on other children!

Its the old double edged sword CL, it's great they are observant and think about things however the awkward questions are.....well awkward. Little white lies are more that acceptable in those circumstances :)

Yeah I think I just brushed it off with "ah sure does it matter, think of all the chocolate you had & the fun you had looking for it!" She was fine then. My parents never did the Easter Bunny and neither did Mr. CL's, so it's not something we've grown up with. Definitely was not something on our radar as kids, nor for most of our friends I think.

Yeah I think I just brushed it off with "ah sure does it matter, think of all the chocolate you had & the fun you had looking for it!" She was fine then. My parents never did the Easter Bunny and neither did Mr. CL's, so it's not something we've grown up with. Definitely was not something on our radar as kids, nor for most of our friends I think.

We never had the Easter Bunny either growing up. I mean a giant bunny delivering Easter eggs to every child in the world all over one night. Yeah Right! :pac:

We never had the Easter Bunny either growing up. I mean a giant bunny delivering Easter eggs to every child in the world all over one night. Yeah Right! :pac:

Us neither. 'Yea right Dad, some kind of super bunny (rolls eyes)....'

Ditto, no easter bunny in our house. Eggs were bought by our folks, one egg each. Man I'd murder an easter egg now, the appetite is coming back.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

wererabbit.jpg

Same with us, santa was just accepted as being real, and the tooth fairy, but easter bunny? not a chance of it.
    Must admit I was a tad concerned when watching A nightmare before christmas with the kids for the first time to see if they'd question the existence of some characters over others... so far neither have twigged, fingers crossed it stays like that for another few years!

Jude13 wrote: »
    Ditto, no easter bunny in our house. Eggs were bought by our folks, one egg each. Man I'd murder an easter egg now, the appetite is coming back.

No good to you, I know, Jude but Tesco have 3 for a fiver on the medium Easter Eggs at the min

• Advertisement

Cheers for the heads up. I am back for 48 hours in April and plan on bringing an empty suitcase for liga, white pudding, a few hams and barrys tea and tayto for the OH.

Most likely be my last time in Ireland for 2020.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement