Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

We never had an Easter Bunny either. Got an egg each from the folks. Now my kid gets eggs from all the aunties and uncles as well as the ones we hide around the house /garden.

9/11, had the day off work, as did my flatmate so we watched the whole thing as it was happening on TV. Could not believe it was happening.

Slightly more on topic, I was checking my Wish order history and checking off what had arrived and saw to my surprise that I apparently ordered a blue Elf on the Shelf when I was slightly inebriated at the weekend. Oops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Neyite wrote: »
    Now my kid gets eggs from all the aunties and uncles as well as the ones we hide around the house /garden.

This drives me crazy (I'm the same about selection boxes at Christmas). We don't do it in my family, but Mr. CLs family do and it drives me bonkers! I'd sooner they just bought them a book or gave them 2 euro to put in their piggy bank. Is the problem now that Easter Eggs are so cheap now compared to when we were kids? :confused:

Yes, I know I sound like Scrooge :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

CheerLouth wrote: »
    This drives me crazy (I'm the same about selection boxes at Christmas). We don't do it in my family, but Mr. CLs family do and it drives me bonkers! I'd sooner they just bought them a book or gave them 2 euro to put in their piggy bank. Is the problem now that Easter Eggs are so cheap now compared to when we were kids? :confused:

Yes, I know I sound like Scrooge :P

We still have the majority of their goodies from Halloween stashed away. Probably from Easter eggs/chocolate from last Easter in a press somewhere as well.

Does come in handy when you feel like a late night goodie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Lough - turns out you are my biggest love on Boards :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=502744&d=1581615176

Here’s the link if anyone else wants to see theirs

https://www.boards.ie/love.php?match=hot

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    Lough - turns out you are my biggest love on Boards :D

[IMG][/img]https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=502744&d=1581615176

Kitten I’m not surprised you always make my heart purr :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Here’s the link if anyone else wants to see theirs

https://www.boards.ie/love.php?match=hot

40twEfk.jpg

Mine is a who’s who of all ye lovely elves :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    40twEfk.jpg

Mines the same it's essentially a who's who of the Christmas forum. Which makes sense as 99% of my posts on boards are in here.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Mine is all over the place but a few elves in there x

Heres mine, forgot to attach it to the last post
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    40twEfk.jpg

Cpt Midnight - you must be a fan of YLYL?

Cpt Midnight - you must be a fan of YLYL?

I am indeed haha.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Does anyone else read to see if their username pops up on people's lists? Mine hardly ever does but I still look! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,754 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

84e71f82bc206c80c9ff22dbb5965a34.jpg

4EBDBa8.png

Not much surprise here :)

TRS30 wrote: »
    3aA65Tv

love.php?match=hot

Not much surprise here :)

Not seeing anything TRS30...

*edit* he got sorted!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Happy Love Day, Elves :)

Just me and my eldest at home this morning so we had extra time before school to indulge in some love heart shaped pancakes for breakfast!

DvB wrote: »
    Not seeing anything TRS30...

:mad: one of my new years resolutions was to post more pictures and I have failed at the first attempt!!

Can some kind person please talk me through it in idiot language??

:mad: one of my new years resolutions was to post more pictures and I have failed at the first attempt!!

Can some kind person please talk me through it in idiot language??

You'll need to upload your image to a website that supports images for use on third party sites, I use Imgur. Then when you select the image on imgur (for example) it will provide a http link that you can copy into your boards.ie post when you select the little picture icon (insert image) at the top, that inserts the surround that allows the image to appear in your posts.

You'll need to upload your image to a website that supports images for use on third party sites, I use Imgur. Then when you select the image on imgur (for example) it will provide a http link that you can copy into your boards.ie post when you select the little picture icon (insert image) at the top, that inserts the surround that allows the image to appear in your posts.

This is what I though I was doing!

This is what is in my post (with the last ])

[IMG]https://imgur.com/gallery/3aA65Tv[/IMG so don't know why it is not working :mad: I know how to use a computer, I promise..[/img]

• Advertisement

This is what I though I was doing!

This is what is in my post (with the last ])

[IMG]https://imgur.com/gallery/3aA65Tv[/IMG so don't know why it is not working :mad: I know how to use a computer, I promise..[/img]

Are you copying & pasting the correct code from Imgur? I know they give you about 6 options (usually on the right hand side of the image) for different platforms, are you selecting the ones for message boards?

Are you copying & pasting the correct code from Imgur? I know they give you about 6 options (usually on the right hand side of the image) for different platforms, are you selecting the ones for message boards?

Can you see it now in my earlier post (8.05am)??

Yep can see it now :)

Yep can see it now :)

Finally! Think I was because I was using the app and you seem to only be able to copy the message board link from the desktop version!

Thanks DvB.

Happy Valentines Day to all of ye lovely people :)

Bit windy out there today... stay safe people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Bit windy out there today... stay safe people!

Yeah, wasn’t too bad earlier when I walked my dog just a bit windy.

Also had a hair appointment for this afternoon which I’ve rescheduled for next week instead, took one look outside as it was picking up and said Nah that’ll be a waste if I go out in that.

Yeah it was rough out there yesterday.

It was lovely listening to the wind and rain in bed last night.

Just back from a walk with the family, storm may have passed but that wind still has some puff in it, some cold wintry gusts there that we could have done without. Lovely and fresh though, enjoyed it now that we're back and having a coffee.
    Short week for me too off on thursday and friday to cover the kids mid term... looking forward to the little break.

• Advertisement

Just back from a walk with the family, storm may have passed but that wind still has some puff in it, some cold wintry gusts there that we could have done without. Lovely and fresh though, enjoyed it now that we're back and having a coffee.
    Short week for me too off on thursday and friday to cover the kids mid term... looking forward to the little break.

I’m off Tuesday and Wednesday next week so short week for me too :)

And then onto a 4 day weekend for Paddy’s day. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement