Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    Treat yourself to your favourite Christmas desert.

On that note, I still have a box of 6 mince pies in the freezer. Must start defrosting them for a little treat with a cup of tea.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sorry to hear it's been a tough couple of weeks, Postgrad.
    Postgrad10 wrote: »
    It’s been a tough week, two weeks! Thinking of planning something nice for Rudolph day. Any suggestions?
    It falls on Pancake Tuesday. Take the day off and experiment with pancake toppings. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    On that note, I still have a box of 6 mince pies in the freezer. Must start defrosting them for a little treat with a cup of tea.

6 candles and you're sorted :D

Treat yourself to your favourite Christmas desert.

https://images.app.goo.gl/AiBM2R5YH1Vp3iw18

:D Sorry! Not being a spelling Nazi just couldn't resist that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wow, really interesting back story! Love to hear stuff like that.

As things have quietened down a bit I started to look at threads that I had never really noticed before. Will probably go back through old threads and read any that stick out.

Any particular threads from yesteryear that you remember fondly that would be worth a read??

Christmas Eve Traditions is also a must read every year :)
    kitten_k wrote: »
    Have you read the one where one of the posters got tickets to the toy show?

This is a GREAT thread! The excitement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭kitten_k

And look at us now... I honestly reckon I'd have deleted my boards account if it wasnt for this forum. I spend 99% of my boards time in here & when theres no posts have a look in about 3 or 4 others, mostly football, american football & after hours... but my post count in here is a giveaway.

I spend most of my boards time in here and in the forum games section. Don’t really venture elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Well don't know about anyone else but I'll be having birthday cake!! :D

Ooh thanks for the party invite :) !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Saw a Christmas ad today!

Ok, it was for the Park savings scheme thing where you put a few quid in a week from now to Christmas but it still counts.

A DJ on bbc radio 2 was proving he could whistle for a piece they were discussing. He whistled Jingle Bells:)

Saw a Christmas ad today!

Ok, it was for the Park savings scheme thing where you put a few quid in a week from now to Christmas but it still counts.

I seem to see that ad quite a bit considering I don't watch a lot of live TV, must be on one of the kids channels!

It's not brilliant or anything however definitely better then some of the 'proper' Christmas ads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

It's Friday, at last, thank God! Anyone else feel like this was the longest week of their life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

CheerLouth wrote: »
    It's Friday, at last, thank God! Anyone else feel like this was the longest week of their life?

I think it's mad how fast the year is going already! Thought the week went fast enough! Imagine we are nearly finished February!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

True, it is flying. I just felt that the week was long - think it was the weather sucking the life out of me lol!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    True, it is flying. I just felt that the week was long - think it was the weather sucking the life out of me lol!

February is a bit like a Tuesday, much worse then January/Monday.

At least its a short month to make up for the terrible weather!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

If anybody missed it over Christmas the first Back to the Future movie is on FIlm4 this evening @6:45pm.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

leahyl wrote: »
    I think it's mad how fast the year is going already! Thought the week went fast enough! Imagine we are nearly finished February!

Sunday week is 1st if March.

March. I’m so happy the year is moving along.

44 weeks to go today. :)

Absolutely. Longest 2 weeks of my life but very difficult to get much done, it was one thing after the other, just kept hitting me. Hoping this week is the start of a more positive time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Theres a neighbours cat that roams around our estate. Her owners have put a bell on her so she doesn't catch all the squirrels and birds around. We've taken to calling her Christmas recently as her bells jingling remind me of the season. It always brings a smile to my face when we hear her outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,753 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

50 days until Easter, that will take us well into the 200's!
    Then we'll have the May and June Bank Holidays and various other things on TV mainly to take us into the 100's!

50 days until Easter, that will take us well into the 200's!
    Then we'll have the May and June Bank Holidays and various other things on TV mainly to take us into the 100's!

Only 24 days to Paddy’s Day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭jellybear

Loughc wrote: »
    Only 24 days to Paddy’s Day.

My husband's birthday...no idea what to get him...any suggestions!?:D

I can't get over how quickly time is going. I'm currently on maternity leave so I think that's why. I feel like I'll blink and it'll be Christmas tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

jellybear wrote: »
    My husband's birthday...no idea what to get him...any suggestions!?:D

I can't get over how quickly time is going. I'm currently on maternity leave so I think that's why. I feel like I'll blink and it'll be Christmas tomorrow!!!
    Not your maternity leave , everyone saying same thing,
    time is moving on so fast this year.

God the weather is awful. Can we have one night of no wind and rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    God the weather is awful. Can we have one night of no wind and rain.

Sick of it.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I think the weather will be back to normal soon. Miserable and grey but none of these non stop storms anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Storm last night caused a power cut which set off multiple house alarms in the small hours of the morning for what felt like an eternity (but 2 or so hours in reality) so I've been like a zombie today. The weather tonight is not putting my mind at ease that it won't be repeated

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Another storm and flood warning for tomorrow. Also very tired of this month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Well our nice weather seems to be over too. I had a run on Friday and felt unwell after it, now its 25 degrees at night so the AC will be back on soon. Our winter is too short.

For the first time my OH and smallies will be home for a lot of the summer so I will be home alone. No one there to question the mid summer amazon Christmas deliveries.

Roll on March!! At least it’s bright today. Cold but bright.

• Advertisement

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Roll on March!! At least it’s bright today. Cold but bright.

It was bright here. But it’s back to being dark and cloudy again :(

At least the brighter evenings are kicking in with a force.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement