Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Irish weather: "Challenge accepted!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I appreciate the climate change issue but c'mon its not like we never had awful weather before... Its Ireland, it rains & the wind blows!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    I appreciate the climate change issue but c'mon its not like we never had awful weather before... Its Ireland, it rains & the wind blows!!

True, it just seems that now its due to specifically named storms and not just normal weather.

TRS30 wrote: »
    True, it just seems that now its due to specifically named storms and not just normal weather.

Whatever about the naming of specific periods of weather, I always remember the weather being wet, windy & cold in Ireland for the winter months. The actual period of time may have shifted (that'll be the climate change showing itself off:pac:) but generally the weathers always been muck over here in winter/early spring.

Either way, named or not, I wish it'd p*ss off for a few months!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Either way, named or not, I wish it'd p*ss off for a few months!!

I think that's something we can all agree on :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Instead of p1ssing off, the only thing it's been doing is p1ssing....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Crazy to think over the next few days we will be into March and into the 290’s in the countdown.

And then in a few weeks we will be into the 30’s in the weekly countdown.

It really is flying in now.

Also Happy Friday everyone. Judging by the met eireann weather warning we’re in for a rough weekend of it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Loughc wrote: »
    Also Happy Friday everyone. Judging by the met eireann weather warning we’re in for a rough weekend of it!!

Seems like every weekend is a stormy one these days.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Seems like every weekend is a stormy one these days.

It really does. But then if they didn’t name the storms would we notice them as storms or just a windy day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulT21

It really does. But then if they didn’t name the storms would we notice them as storms or just a windy day?

I think Loughc hit it on the head. We always had storms but personalising them makes us take more notice of them. That said, Climate change is real!:(

Lets hope for a White Christmas this year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,752 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

happy-leap-day.png

Happy leap day everyone :)

The extra stop to Christmas is here :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hope everyone had a good Leap Day! :)

We're into the 290's!
    158323-Happy-March.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

It's more for the out of season, and I'm annoyed I didn't get a pic, while driving near the beach yesterday I passed a store which had all the usual inflatable items for kids on the beach, but they had reindeer too. The next weekend I am passing I will pick up a few. Maybe my dream of having a sleigh in the garden a la Christmas Vacation will be a reality.

Happy first of March everyone :) 3rd month in now. 2 weeks to Paddy’s Day and 9 months to the big day.

Home Alone 2 started on E4 at 18:30! :D

Home Alone 2 started on E4 at 18:30! :D

Currently watching it...

Happy first of March everyone :) 3rd month in now. 2 weeks to Paddy’s Day and 9 months to the big day.

Year always picks up a pace once we get Jan and Feb out of the way... honestly reckon they were the fastest jan/Feb we've ever had, they seemed to really fly by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Home Alone 2 on, a Christmas special of Only Fools and Horses on another channel and a Christmas edition of a food show on the cookery channel.

Have I been in a coma because with the telly and the weather it could be the 1st of December. :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I've finally taken down our Christmas decorations, I decided that having them up in March was getting silly. The living room looks so much bigger without the tree!

I'm at the stage of the year now that when's it's too bright to play Christmas Music when out for a walk, Christmas music is for cold cosy dark nights.

The playlist is retiring until November.

I'm at the stage of the year now that when's it's too bright to play Christmas Music when out for a walk, Christmas music is for cold cosy dark nights.

Yes, definitely feels more Springy then Wintery these days, even though was a nice cold, crisp morning this morning. Loving a bit of extra light in the evenings and clocks will be going forward before we know it.

Yea the mornings are so nice and bright as well, makes it easier to get out with the dog in the mornings for a pre-work walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I was listening to FM104 the Saturday before last and jingle bells came on! It was kinds remixed version - couldn't believe it!

kitten_k wrote: »
    I was listening to FM104 the Saturday before last and jingle bells came on! It was kinds remixed version - couldn't believe it!

A remix.... I'm interested! :pac:

We might need to start offering boxsets ideas in case anyone ends up quarantined for the next 2 weeks soon!

Ah dont even tempt fate. That would be a complete nightmare if that starts in earnest & places shut down completely for periods of time.
    I think its unworkable myself.

Ah dont even tempt fate. That would be a complete nightmare if that starts in earnest & places shut down completely for periods of time.
    I think its unworkable myself.

It's completely unpractical, the only places that will close will be public servant offices and schools, etc. so in theory there will be some users on an extended break shortly.

Us private sector suckers will still be in.

It's completely unpractical, the only places that will close will be public servant offices and schools, etc. so in theory there will be some users on an extended break shortly.

If the schools close the knock on will be huge. Most people I know with kids in school are working & rely on childcare, if they close too the parents will be forced to stay at home too... chaos to most workplaces I suspect.

• Advertisement

If the schools close the knock on will be huge. Most people I know with kids in school are working & rely on childcare, if they close too the parents will be forced to stay at home too... chaos to most workplaces I suspect.

One of the downsides of having a work laptop, I'd be expected to still work while self isolating!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement