Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Bleugh, just after we got through the frantic part of Christmas and were looking forward to having a load of family fun together before heading back to work next week, the Sickness Fairy visited the house yesterday. Both me and my wife snuffling with a heavy cold and one of the kids has it too. The othern kid has a rotten cough and is climbing the walls with boredom. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Posy wrote: »
    There are a few people I work with who are very negative (just generally!) and people at work moaning about Christmas 'It's too early' 'Ugh who turned on Christmas FM' etc got on my nerves this year. We were also very shortstaffed lately, which didn't help matters.

I have to say, I'm with those who dislike Christmas FM in the workplace. To me, that's foisting it on people a bit. And there are so many great Christmas songs that aren't played on it. It plays such a small pool of songs that it becomes repetitive fast. And it doesn't have many of the best Christmas songs.

I love Christmas but for me, like many, it's a two week-ish period from December 20th to January 6th. I didn't like having to listen to Christmas FM for most of December. And being outnumbered, I had to and of course the 'Bah humbug' comments would start if anyone complained. No, I love Christmas in my own way and listening to Slade 12 times a days doesn't add to it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have to listen to crap like Ed Sheeran for the other 11 months, so I still think I'm getting the raw end of the deal. :pac:

We only put Christmas FM on for Christmas week in work, and it's still hated for the repetition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Posy wrote: »
    I have to listen to crap like Ed Sheeran for the other 11 months, so I still think I'm getting the raw end of the deal. :pac:

We only put Christmas FM on for Christmas week in work, and it's still hated for the repetition!

I really think people would have so much more time for it if they added a lot more songs to the rotation! And I doubt Christmas lovers would have any complaints either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Christmas tree is down. It was making me sad with its broken lights and teeny self.

Have agreed big tree and new lights next year and the one I just took down can go in the hallway or the toddlers room.

Loads of space now though for various toys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Back at work for one day tomorrow, then properly back from Tuesday to Saturday the following week. But luckily I booked the second week of January off so I don't even mind too much :D Planning to do a big declutter and get a skip, for that fresh new year feeling. I'm definitely nesting

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Loughc wrote: »

Too much sneaky is it written by a twenty year old???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Too much sneaky is it written by a twenty year old???

Ah it’s a bit of fun is all. Very accurate too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Very accurate! :D

I’m sick. I’ve only eaten two bites of toast all day and a sip of tea. I’m supposed to be spending my days off eating chocolate ffs.

• Advertisement

Very accurate! :D

I’m sick. I’ve only eaten two bites of toast all day and a sip of tea. I’m supposed to be spending my days off eating chocolate ffs.

Ah no TOTO :(

If I could swap with you I would. I need to stop eating. January will be a tough comedown. I really hope you feel better real soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Thanks Loughc! I wouldn’t wish it on you. Why couldn’t it have happened next week when I’m due back at work? When I’m better I’m hunting down a dark chocolate orange and eating it in one sitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,758 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Spotted in a CO-OP in the UK!

DR_FzuUWkAAt5ps.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I want the kinder one with the rabbit please:)

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I want the kinder one with the rabbit please:)

93 days!

Only 2 months to Pancake Tuesday! :D

Easter Sunday is April Fools day!

Loughc wrote: »
    Ah it’s a bit of fun is all. Very accurate too.

Not for me! Mustn’t be in its demographic

Palm Sunday will be the first day of new time!

Not for me! Mustn’t be in its demographic
    You obviously bounce into work every day, lucky you! :pac:

• Advertisement

Easter Sunday will be the first day of new time!

March 25- Palm Sunday

March 25- Palm Sunday
    Waffle Day!! :D:D

March 25- Palm Sunday

Sorry about that mixed up my weekends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

In 2013 I saw Easter eggs in Dealz on Christmas eve. The Christmas decoration shelves were cleared and the eggs were out. I know in the UK a lot of shops operate a strategy of getting lots of eggs in early and selling them very cheaply as its cheaper than keeping them in storage. Then many customers who buy early eat them and have to buy them again closer to Easter when the special offer has passed. It's highly profitable to get them out in January. This time next week we'll be seeing wall to wall, Valentines, St Patricks day and Easter decorations in places like The Range, Dealz, Eurogiant, etc.

I picked up the Aldi book Today and the first few pages are of Party food for the New Year and the rest is cleaning supplies and exercise equipment. So we start again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Saw a lonely box of Christmas crackers in Aldi yesterday and bought them, as far as I'm concerned it's still Christmas and we will pull these crackers over New Years Day dinner. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

We do crackers for New Years and Easter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

We do so many crackers. Halloween, November 30th, Christmas eve breakfast, Christmas morning breakfast, Christmas dinner, New Years dinner, Jan 5th and Easter. In the last few days I have actually being learning how to make reusable crackers as the waste from them is making me uncomfortable. We decided to switch to reusable wrapping this year and bought gold, green and red crushed velvet and a selection of lovely ribbons to wrap gifts in. They looked really beautiful and after dinner we had nothing to throw away but the spent crackers. Which has inspired me to figure out reusable crackers from Easter onwards.

• Advertisement

Reusable wrapping paper?? Oooh that's a new one on me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement