Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I had to venture out for supplies today and it was a lovely mix of people in Christmas jumpers, people out running, spring window displays and cafes offering Christmas specials. This is a great time of year because you still get to experience Christmas while looking forward to the possibilities the new year may bring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

In parents’ house! The last of my nieces and nephews called. Loved their pressies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,758 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We got another Turkey and Ham for Monday!

Yum! We went looking for a cheap crown but couldn’t find any so we got a lovely rib of beef. We’re going to have it tomorrow. I think Monday will be a lazy day.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yum! We went looking for a cheap crown but couldn’t find any so we got a lovely rib of beef. We’re going to have it tomorrow. I think Monday will be a lazy day.

I think everyday will be a lazy day until Tuesday for me haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

SuperValu have their hams reduced by 50%. I was so tempted to buy a few but our freezer is still rammed with other Christmas stuff!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Anyone watching the darts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

No, I watched Delicious and now I’m in bed absolutely knackered for some reason.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc wrote: »
    I don't have sky sports. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Loughc wrote: »

Yep was really hoping Taylor would lose. Can't stand him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Cork Lass wrote: »
    No, I watched Delicious and now I’m in bed absolutely knackered for some reason.

Tried to watch a movie and ended up in bed at 1030 falling asleep. Though I got distracted by boards and still awake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Posy wrote: »
    Reusable wrapping paper?? Oooh that's a new one on me!

They were selling it in the Range but it was very narrow and wouldn't wrap anything but a fairly narrow gift. My mum and I liked the idea but weren't sold on the execution so we brainstormed a few ideas, like using Christmas cushion covers or cutting up a Christmas duvet.:D My mum found the crushed velvet for sale by the meter and it was a perfect choice. I wish I'd taken photos as they really did look lovely.

Christmas tablecloths could be a good idea. I need to find festive materials next year to try this out.
    My friend gave me a present a few years back and it was wrapped in material. I thought it was a great idea! :)

I think I’ll get a whole salmon as my husband doesn’t eat meat. Yes, that’s the same husband that ate about a pound of ham at Christmas as well as a bucket load of sausage meat stuffing :rolleyes:

https://www.facebook.com/buzzdotie/posts/530551440644799

These lads are amateurs we’ve been saying this for years!!

Heroditas wrote: »
    Yep was really hoping Taylor would lose. Can't stand him

Same same same. Really can’t stand him!

as well as a bucket load of sausage meat stuffing :rolleyes:

Oooh I love sausage meat stuffing. We didn’t make any this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

It's snowing and I finally worked up the courage to put on my santa pj's I got as a present for Christmas . I feel so cosy looking out at the snow!

Oh that sounds lovely. :)

It's stopped now but hey three inches has made the place look magical :) best part is I don't have to leave the house for a good few days yet:)

• Advertisement

Tesco Lucan!
    26000875_960253250806132_8348309201637019522_n.jpg?oh=28df2b9c5189917614ace5c1cede7766&oe=5AF8D723

That’s just depressing.

One Christmas isn’t over yet.

Two Cadbury’s chocolate has gone pure muck lately.

Also, Valentine’s Day chocolate is clearly superior.

I can’t believe that - Easter is still months away :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Are you joking? That has to be a meme with the bottom and top cropped off surely!??!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

iguana wrote: »
    They were selling it in the Range but it was very narrow and wouldn't wrap anything but a fairly narrow gift. My mum and I liked the idea but weren't sold on the execution so we brainstormed a few ideas, like using Christmas cushion covers or cutting up a Christmas duvet.:D My mum found the crushed velvet for sale by the meter and it was a perfect choice. I wish I'd taken photos as they really did look lovely.

There's a Japanese style of gift-wrapping called Furoshiki, it's wrapping using fabric.
    http://www.env.go.jp/en/focus/attach/060403-5.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

As someone who loves Easter, it hasn’t even crossed my mind yet. :( Can’t we just be let to enjoy the Christmas season first and then Easter eggs could be brought out in mid/late January when we could all use a chocolate boost?! ;):D

I can’t believe that - Easter is still months away :(
    Are you joking? That has to be a meme with the bottom and top cropped off surely!??!!?

It's just something that is going around the net. I wouldn't be surprised we often had Easter bits in around this time. Easter this year is also early enough.

I’d say it’s probably real alright. I’ve not even had a chance to digest the Christmas chocs yet tho.

• Advertisement

I have a stomach bug and was up all night. Santa pj's ruined. Planning a really nice New Year's Day dinner and getting some nice pictures by the Christmas trees because we forgot to on Christmas Day. What milk chocolate could I eat to replace cadburys? I tried Lindt but it wasn't great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement