Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I have a stomach bug and was up all night. Santa pj's ruined. Planning a really nice New Year's Day dinner and getting some nice pictures by the Christmas trees because we forgot to on Christmas Day. What milk chocolate could I eat to replace cadburys? I tried Lindt but it wasn't great.

Poor you. There’s definitely something going around. Hope you feel better. I find it difficult to find decent milk chocolate in the supermarkets but Green & Blacks is worth a try. I find Lindt far too sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Here's me talking about food, thankfully I hadn't eaten very much yesterday . Thanks !do they do milk choc ?

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Here's me talking about food, thankfully I hadn't eaten very much yesterday . Thanks !do they do milk choc ?

I’m with you! I had 2 slices of toast on Thursday and I added a bowl of soup on Friday. Back to normal today. They definitely do a milk chocolate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Definitely Green and Blacks. Their caramel bar is divine, like the chocolatiest milk chocolate with little butterscotch pieces in it. Delicious. Aldi chocolate is generally very nice too, especially the Choceur range.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So what are everyone’s plans for New Years?

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »

The usual take away, champagne and whatever is on tv. How about you?

Lucozade and hootenanny on BBC 2 :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The usual take away, champagne and whatever is on tv. How about you?

Prosecco tv and treats. Nothing too major. But nice and relaxing.

Prosecco tv and treats. Nothing too major. But nice and relaxing.

Your first as a married man! That’s pretty exciting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hope you all have a great 2018 ahead! Happy New Year. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Happy New Year everyone, hope it's a great one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Night in with OH and will not be drinking as I’ll be on duty to collect girls later - taxis are impossible on NYE. Happy New Year to everyone, I hope it’s a good one for all. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

A very happy new year to all, thanks for the posts, they keep the magic going.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy New Year everyone , enjoy no matter how you celebrate the evening :)

Thanks for letting a long time lurker enjoy the sense of spirit in here !

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Happy New Year everyone , enjoy no matter how you celebrate the evening :)

Thanks for letting a long time lurker enjoy the sense of spirit in here !

You’re not a long term lurker anymore you’re part of our family now :)

Happy new year to everyone here on the Christmas Forum and thanks for another great year of posts and joy and fun. I honestly get a smile on my face when I see there’s unread posts here.

Ye truely make this the best community by far. The goodwill always shines through and ye all truely are the perfect example of the best aspects of Christmas.

I wish ye all a wonderful year ahead full of love health and happiness.

Thank you to Posy who is not only a pleasure to moderate with but she is also a wonderful person and poster.

Thanks again everyone here’s to a great year. Please don’t leave, I’ll only get lonely without ye all popping in to say hello!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Takeaway and probably asleep by 10pm :pac: The last two nights we've been up with the three year old who has a vomiting bug. If he sleeps through tonight it'll be a happy new year to us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Couple of friends in....so good company and chinese takeaway......and some chilled fruit juice....LOL...!!!
    Happy New Year to all........
    A SIL of mine, took down all her decorations yesterday.....she is a really house proud woman. I.l live with my over the top decorations
    for as long as I can. Schools not back til 08th for the teenager...so no budge till shes gone back.
    Best wishes again....xxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

I might have had few drinks already but beautiful speech, Loughc!

And Happy New Year to every single one of you!!! 🎉🎉🎉

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy new year's eve to you all!

I second what Loughc has said. This is a great community, and we also love Pancake Tuesday, Waffle Day, Easter, summer holidays, long weekends and Halloween. So stick around and there will always be someone about. And of course the Christmas out-of-season thread will have to make a come back. :)

I will be having a roast dinner, champagne and watching the telly- and possibly Trading Places, which combines Christmas and New Year in one funny film. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hi all, hope ye all had a lovely Christmas! I haven’t really enjoyed it all that much this year, maybe that’s cos I’ve been sick since Stephens Day with an awful dose of a cold :-( I never get sick so I’m feeling awfully sorry for myself...! Feeling a good bit better today but still a little weak, appetite has been all but gone :-(

Happy New Year to you all anyway and I hope 2018 is brilliant for everyone!!

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    Hi all, hope ye all had a lovely Christmas! I haven’t really enjoyed it all that much this year, maybe that’s cos I’ve been sick since Stephens Day with an awful dose of a cold :-( I never get sick so I’m feeling awfully sorry for myself...! Feeling a good bit better today but still a little weak, appetite has been all but gone :-(

Happy New Year to you all anyway and I hope 2018 is brilliant for everyone!!

Sorry to hear you’re sick Leahyl. I hope your 2018 is much better! x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

French Girl I like your style I have my prosecco in hand currently
    I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas I look forward to reading all the posts about 2017 Christmas
    Happy New Year everyone 🎉🎉xx

We are having turkey and ham dinner this evening at home we will sit in front of the box tonight prosecco and goodies on hand it won’t be a late one
    Tomorrow we are having lamb at home

Be safe everyone

Indian ordered now it’s comfies time to get set up for the night. Who says New Years has to be a mad one :D

Indian ordered now it’s comfies time to get set up for the night. Who says New Years has to be a mad one :D
    Nobody in their thirties anyway! :pac:

Takeaway and probably asleep by 10pm :pac: The last two nights we've been up with the three year old who has a vomiting bug. If he sleeps through tonight it'll be a happy new year to us!

Been suffering with same . It is an absolutely horrific bug ! Hope he sleeps through for you.

Speak for yourselves! I'm watching Spiceworld and ordering quinoa from Tesco. WILD! :pac:

Happy New Year everyone. Have a fab night whatever you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,758 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The amount of things in my Christmas countdown is a little scary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

HAPPY NEW YEAR folks :) Hope you all have a wonderful night and a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2018.

Thank you for all of your good wishes, thoughts, kind words, laughs and encouragement and everything this year. It certainly meant a lot to me :)

Here's hoping 2018 is a better one for us all :)

Hope you all have a wonderful night, no matter how you celebrate :) If you're going out, stay safe :) xxx

Have a happy- and healthy 2018, StripedBoxers. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Posy wrote: »
    Have a happy- and healthy 2018, StripedBoxers. :)
    Thank you Posy, and you too :) Hopefully its a better one for us all :) xx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement