Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Happy new year folks. Thanks for the year round Christmas cheer.

Prosecco and fresh squeezed satsuma juice in hand. Didn't mean to be so posh but we're all out of orange juice.
    Doggos asleep on the couch, Baba asleep since 5:30 (he's unwell so easily tired). Husband organised a delicious tofu black bean takeaway and I have a salted caramel bomb in the fridge.

Some family crap going on which I hope won't carry too far into the new year, either way.

Bring on 2018!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

5,000 post (Yes, I had to make it in this forum!). :P
    Whispered wrote: »
    Happy new year folks. Thanks for the year round Christmas cheer.

Prosecco and fresh squeezed satsuma juice in hand. Didn't mean to be so posh but we're all out of orange juice.
    Doggos asleep on the couch, Baba asleep since 5:30 (he's unwell so easily tired). Husband organised a delicious tofu black bean takeaway and I have a salted caramel bomb in the fridge.

Some family crap going on which I hope won't carry too far into the new year, either way.

Bring on 2018!
    Happy new year Whispered. I hope your little guy is better soon :)

Hope the family difficulties don't on for too long :)

Enjoy your evening :) xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Feliz Navidad guy is on Jools Holland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

And Ed Sheeran:)

Nile Rogers on bbc1. Choices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Looks like we weren't the only ones with the vomiting bug.... myself, my wife (currently pregnant) and our 2 girls (2yrs & 4yrs) all took turns getting this between 22nd - 28th Dec..... interesting Christmas. So much food wasted as none of us were in the mood for eating.

Seem to be over it now.

Happy New Year all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Looks like we weren't the only ones with the vomiting bug.... myself, my wife (currently pregnant) and our 2 girls (2yrs & 4yrs) all took turns getting this between 22nd - 28th Dec..... interesting Christmas. So much food wasted as none of us were in the mood for eating.

Seem to be over it now.

Happy New Year all.

Sorry to hear that stevie. Hope all are well now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,758 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Decided to keep my first post of 2018 for this thread!
    Happy New Year!

Happy New Year !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Happy New Year to all you Christmas and festive loving boardsies! I wish you all the very best for 2018 and I hope you all have a wonderful year ahead! Wishing you a very happy and healthy year 2018 Stripedboxers. I hope it’s eventful in the best sense for you this year! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Happy New Year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

It’s finally here and I’m off to bed. Happy New Year to all :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

A_smurf wrote: »
    Happy New Year to all you Christmas and festive loving boardsies! I wish you all the very best for 2018 and I hope you all have a wonderful year ahead! Wishing you a very happy and healthy year 2018 Stripedboxers. I hope it’s eventful in the best sense for you this year! :)
    Thank you so so much :D I hope 2018 is a wonderful one for us all :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Decided to keep my first post of 2018 for this thread!
    Happy New Year!

It’s equally an honour and an excellent choice. I cannot wait to see your Christmas Countdown list this year!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy new year to you all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Happy new year everyone! I managed to stay up to count in the new year and the the little fella didn't wake up during the night! The fact that I've been awake since 4am for no reason is a minor detail :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Happy new year! I hope 2018 is good to you all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

That’s it for me for another year! Have a good one guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy New Year!!!

• Advertisement

That’s it for me for another year! Have a good one guys

Well we’re here all year haha.

1zyel35.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Loughc wrote: »
    Well we’re here all year haha.

My first plan for next Christmas is to organise and carefully put away the decorations so I don't have to spend hours detangling lights and stuff! Not doing it til the 6th though so my motivation might change by then and ill end up just throwing it all in a ball for the attic :)

Happy New Year everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Lol, that picture is so accurate!
    Literraly me today. 😂

Happy 2018 everyone!!!

This is also me today.

2cscfmo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Wanted to save my first post for 2018 for this forum, it was a great way to see in the festive season from September onwards & I'll be looking forward to doing it all over again this year.
    For now, may you all have a happy & healthy 2018 & I hope christmas was everything you wanted it to be.

Back to work in the morning where I'll log in & revisit some of the threads I've missed over the last week and a bit and then that's me signing out of the Christmas forum for a few months.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Lorelli! wrote: »
    My first plan for next Christmas is to organise and carefully put away the decorations so I don't have to spend hours detangling lights and stuff! Not doing it til the 6th though so my motivation might change by then and ill end up just throwing it all in a ball for the attic :)

I was shocked in November at what a crappy job I'd done of putting the decorations away last year. Everything was just spread through random boxes with no rhyme nor reason. And it made the whole decorating job more time consuming and far less pleasurable. And some stuff took weeks to find. I'm determined to do a better job of it this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

The core of the large (turkey size) foil is great for wrapping lights around so they don’t get tangled. Also a labelled box for each room makes life much easier. We use a fresh tree so no storage required there and this year I threw out lots of old boxes ( boxes in boxes no less) so I should have a lot more space.

DvB wrote: »
    Wanted to save my first post for 2018 for this forum, it was a great way to see in the festive season from September onwards & I'll be looking forward to doing it all over again this year.
    For now, may you all have a happy & healthy 2018 & I hope christmas was everything you wanted it to be.

Back to work in the morning where I'll log in & revisit some of the threads I've missed over the last week and a bit and then that's me signing out of the Christmas forum for a few months.

Thanks for joining us in 2017. I’m back in work tomorrow so feel free to post away here tomorrow to keep me company, that applies to everyone too haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

We just said goodbye to (aka booted out) my parents. We also had his parents stay with us. Now we can finally sit back together alone with our lights & decorations. The peace and bliss of it all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement