Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Had a very enjoyable turkey and ham dinner today but no desert. So much more relaxing than Christmas Day. Love New Year's Day.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I am dreading trying to put on my work clothes tomorrow haha

2rr9yxz.jpg

I dreading that too. Even my comfy trousers seemed tight today. Exercise starts tomorrow !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

I have a stress test on a treadmill this week...say a prayer for me!!:(

Will do. I dislike treadmills , always frightened of loosing my balance. Can't beat the solid ground outdoors!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I dunno know about you guys/gals I plan on posting here for the year. My New Years resolution ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Autosport wrote: »
    I dunno know about you guys/gals I plan on posting here for the year. My New Years resolution ;)
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh do you have any other ones?
    I don't usually but this year I have a few.

I'm very tempted to join a local creative writing group - but have no idea what to expect. I'm also interested in learning about photography. Plus I've my eye on a polytunnel where I'd like to grow berries and tomatoes to begin with.

I'd also like to do an online course in something. I'm still trying to figure what. My boy will be in playschool 5 mornings a week and I'll be working two of those I'd really like to put the other 3 mornings to use.

I'm gonna take more long baths, mountainy walks, have more chats with people I love and just appreciate life more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    I am dreading trying to put on my work clothes tomorrow haha
    Oh God, I'm going shopping for work-appropriate clothes tomorrow (I feel like I've been relying on my jeans too often lately) and I'm considering wearing spanx to try them on. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Took S to the pantomime today and he was loving it but a few minutes in the main performer injured himself and the show was cancelled. Hoping the show gets rescheduled so we can get our seats, which were my first choice seats, back. If not we'll have to try to squeeze in at the back of one of the remaining performances. Not sure what the odds of a reschedule are but S was so disappointed to leave I'll take a crappy seat if I have to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,758 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was watching one of the English channels and an ad came on for the Cadbury Creme Eggs and it said Easter was April 1st!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’m currently on the bus to work after 12 days off. Save me elves :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    I booked some extra days. Greatest decision of my life.

This is not helping haha.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Unsubbing now till next December. Need more pics of tree's this year.

See you in December!

beertons wrote: »
    Unsubbing now till next December. Need more pics of tree's this year.

See you in December!

Good old friend. We’ll miss you :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

I've just arrived in to work, no one else here. Silver lining and all that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Staph wrote: »

Traffic was fairly quiet on the way in anyway, a small bonus.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

bladespin wrote: »
    Traffic was fairly quiet on the way in anyway, a small bonus.

Yea without the school traffic the morning commutes are much more bareable.

I’d love a start back like that the peace and quiet and time to slowly settle back in. It feels like I’ve never left now and I’m not sure that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

• Advertisement

I know, it was nice while it lasted. Have done a few things, have to ease myself into it! I'm looking forward to going home already, made some trifle yesterday to use up the last of the sponge -can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Back at my desk a few hours & already feeling the post christmas blues coming on.... just want to go home & relax already.
    In saying that I'll end up going for a run later which always helps lift my mood.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

What's the deal with all the negativity in the media (films/tv shows really) around getting socks for Christmas?
    The last 2 years I got socks which I loved and am still wearing, but could really do with a top up; this year no socks :(
    To be honest, I begrudge spending money on good socks, so it's really nice to receive them, but I think now I've reached age (mid-30's) where people think it is some sort of insult or cop out to give them.

Am I the only one?
    I reckon Socks should be seen as one of the genuine default presents for men, not the one to avoid. Stop giving us wallets and wash bags, nobody needs more than 1.

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    What's the deal with all the negativity in the media (films/tv shows really) around getting socks for Christmas?
    The last 2 years I got socks which I loved and am still wearing, but could really do with a top up; this year no socks :(
    To be honest, I begrudge spending money on good socks, so it's really nice to receive them, but I think now I've reached age (mid-30's) where people think it is some sort of insult or cop out to give them.

Am I the only one?
    I reckon Socks should be seen as one of the genuine default presents for men, not the one to avoid. Stop giving us wallets and wash bags, nobody needs more than 1.

I got a great sock set from my Mum this year.
    To be fair, every year she gets me socks & jocks & i genuinely appreciate them as a great default gift to a bloke my age.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

I got my brother Star Wars socks from M&S as he's pretty difficult to buy for but I knew he'd use them so seemed like a good gift to me! :D

I actually went and bought myself a few packets of socks on Christmas Eve. Badly needed! Got a pressie of totes slippers and slipper socks which are absolute heaven. Also got a pair from Lidl which were too slippery to wear.

DavyD_83 wrote: »

Am I the only one?

You’re not alone. I love getting socks as presents. Either expensive sets you wouldn’t buy yourself like Tommy Hilfiger or Noveity Christmas ones I love them all.

I love socks, but I couldn't let anybody buy them for me. I am very fussy regarding my sock requirements! All socks are equal, but some socks are more equal than others!

I know, it was nice while it lasted. Have done a few things, have to ease myself into it! I'm looking forward to going home already, made some trifle yesterday to use up the last of the sponge -can't wait!

Same! I will be savoring every minute of this weekend I tell ya!

• Advertisement

On the subject of socks, pre christmas I picked up a couple of sets of christmas ones, wore the more colourful ones over the break but was wondering if I should confine them to the drawer until next year now? I do that with the more obvious christmas clothing such as shirts & jumpers but was tempted to keep the socks in use all year round!? Yes/no?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement